Yahoo Home

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. closed caption for the deaf and hard of hearing

closed caption for the deaf and hard of hearing to avoid getting sued for discrimination would be a good idea on all and any videos you post .ITS REQUIRED BY LAW AND HAS BEEN FOR 8 YEARS!!! no i wont go away i will be the one you face in court if you dont start captioning ALL your video you post , if you cant caption it then DONT POST IT ! REMOVE THIS ALL YOU WANT ! I WILL NOT GO AWAY OR STOP PUSHING UNTIL ALL OF YOUR VIDEOS POSTED ON YOUR YAHOO.COM PAGE IS CLOSED CAPTIONED AS…

200th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have a yahoo account for 15 years - suddenly for no reason last time I log in my account has no emails in it!! please restore asap

I have a yahoo account for 15 years - suddenly for no reason last time I log in my account has no emails in it!! please restore asap

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of the ******* fake virus popups!

Get rid of the ******* fake virus popups! I use a fully patched Mac with High Sierra. I get these stupid popups multiple times a day, only when visiting Yahoo. Yahoo Comments is the worst offender right now.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Todd,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are having with the Yahoo Homepage. Please respond with the exact steps you are taking when you encounter this issue along with the URL of the page this error happens on. We appreciate you getting back to us with the requested info.

Thank you,
    Homepage Support

5. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are having with the Yahoo Homepage. Can you please respond with what you mean when you say that Bloomberg and Huffington Post are being blocked? Is there a URL where this is happening? We appreciate you getting back to us with the requested info.

Thank you,
    Homepage Support

6. How about not filtering the news irrespective of whether the reader agrees or not.

Do not tailor the news articles for the reader when he has not asked for it.

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Could you make a space where I can scroll and not open up content that I have absolutely no interest in seeing?

Can you put a scroll bar down the side for tablet and other devices to facilitate moving down the screen to get to the content that is what I want without so many detours to bs that I am not interested in. Worst of all if I hit the back one screen I find you have now rearranged some or sometimes all of the stories so I have to start from scratch. About done with reading anything you have and just get anew opening page to get my news. Thanks.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I keep receiving the following error - using Yahoo for work.

I keep receiving the following error - using Yahoo for work. Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.

I have looked for resolution - cannot find anything. I doubt my company web services is causing a DOS issue.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are having with the Yahoo Homepage. Please respond with the exact steps you are taking when you encounter this error along with the URL of the page this error happens on. We appreciate you getting back to us with the requested info.

Thank you,
    Homepage Support

9. Read and Fix All The Yahoo Errors

Read and Fix All The Yahoo Errors that have been posted here .... or don't you have experienced people that can ....

"An error has occurred; please try again later."

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are having with the Yahoo Homepage. Please respond with the exact steps you are taking when you encounter this error along with the URL of the page this error happens on. We appreciate you getting back to us with the requested info.

Thank you,
    Homepage Support

10. How do I delete "Best TV for Free?"

Jimmy Fallon? Are you kidding? I don't want to see this.

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 186th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The Cheat Sheet

Not gonna read Yahoo News. THe Cheat Sheet has devalued it as a credible source. It now occupies 1/4 of the news base and is growing! No one wants to click hundreds of pages for speculative news & a thousand ads. I want "REAL" reporting. The Cheat Sheet is an example of FAKE NEWS by ALL accounts. Bye Yahoo! Listen to your readers!!

186th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. For some reason you keep changing my homepage to a white background and changing my set up...I want to know how I can get my old page back.

You keep doing this, but this is the first time I can't find a way to change it back. How do I do this? If this is permanent I'll have to try another service...I do NOT like this stark white background, it hurts my eyes and I only want the catagories on the homepage that "I" pick...PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!!!!

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Truncated Article Titles

News article titles have been appearing more frequently with the title getting truncated.

There are some fairly long "titles" being used in articles you pull in from other sites, or it could be the method of how you are selecting how the title is created.

They appear less on your main articles, but instead, sem to appear more in the "related news" articles.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please stop including videos in little boxes to the side when a page has been scrolled.

As the title states, stop including the video at the top of the page in a little box to the side. Whose dimwitted idea was this? If I want to watch a video I will leave the page where it is and I will watch it. If I don't want to watch a video or I already have then I will scroll down the page so how is it a good idea to continue showing the video as I scroll? This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. To give you an idea of just how…

190th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop plastering UNICEF & MOSSUL all over the page, we are sick of it

STOP PLASTERING THIS **** ALL OTHER EVERYTHING !

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop making stuff hard - It you used to be easy to find movies and showtimes and now you have hidden it completely.

Why do you take something simple like a direct link to Movies and Showtimes which is used frequently by almost everyone and completely hide it? Yahoo has become a political mouthpiece and no longer a functional search engine that is easy to manipulate! Very sad what it has become! I can't even find it with a direct search on your site! When you fail to be useful - you will soon disappear!

200th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why have you made it so difficult to track and follow”my comments “? It used to be so simple!

It should be easy to track and follow”my comments “as it previously had been,until the site was revised with a short sighted design!!
    Please restore this feature!

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base