Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A darker shade of green for Daily and Total gains in the iPhone App Please !!

The light green text that shows the daily and total gains on the iPhone App for Yahoo! Finance is too light and hard to read against the light background. The same text on the Widget is especially hard to read. If a darker shade of green could be used instead, it would be much, much easier to read. The shade of green that is displayed in Chrome on the Yahoo! Finance website would be ideal.

262nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Custom Field "Booked Profit" or "Booked Loss"

Under Yahoo Finance App, under Portfolio, you can add Custom Field prefix with '$$', for example $$CASH as 100, once added it will show $100 under Shares and Market Value column. It will also increase your Portfolio value by $100, however your returns calculation like day gain or total gain % will always exclude the Custom Field ($$CASH, $100), that is the correct calculation. Do we have any option to add Custom Filed for e.g. Booked Profit or Booked Loss which will add/subtract to your Total Return, because once you sold the shares you have no option to track booked…

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Premium acc purchase

Give an opportunity for non-US customers to purchase premium access

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add percentage of portfolio in edit view

It would be great and much appreciated that in our customized portfolios that you add a column that gives us the percentage that ticker is of our portfolio.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Check on open tickets

We used to be able to see the status of any ticket we entered. Also, we used to be able to scan open tickets and search for a Ticker that has been reported as having a problem so we don't have to keep bugging tech support.

Can those features be added?

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation!

Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation every time!
    It would show if the close was UP or DOWN from the day before.
    Thanks,
    Phil.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to 'save' chosen "reaction" in the Conversations drop down menu

In Finance 'conversations', you should be able to "SAVE" the reaction
    you pick from the drop down menu that you offer. Instead of defaulting to the "top" reaction over and over.

590th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A full block tool

Hopefully Yahoo developers and staff are reading these suggestions. A tool to full block someone from viewing your posts and following you around is sorely needed in the Yahoo Conversations. This tool will allow users to essentially self-moderate which means less work for Yahoo's Abuse Team and most significantly, a guaranteed decrease in the overall toxicity within the Yahoo forums.

Just muting doesn't do enough because abusive individuals will still follow you around to smear you and make you look awful. There is just so much of this going on right now and it is making the Yahoo forums very…

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stock price alerts

I'd like to have a watchlist of specific stocks and designate a specific price for each one. When the market price reaches a specific target price, I'd like the option of 1) a pop-up message telling me that stock has reached that specific price, and 2) an e-mail alert with the same information. This feature should be available on both desktop and mobile versions of Y-F. Currently I have an Excel spreadsheet with each selected stock and a target price for each one, but I have to manually review my watchlist prices and compare against my spreadsheet targets. Having an…

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback . We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

11. Adding Notes

When I monitor my stocks or option under my wathchlist and/or portfolio I would like to be able to add some notes on the page I guess this function can be added below part of the page.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on

links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on so i can track which stories i've already reviewed

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

14. Show the dollar daily change for a portfolio.

In the app, it would be helpful to show the dollar daily change for a portfolio, not just the percentage change. This was available in the old version of the app.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interviews with Market Makers and Movers

Your Yahoo Finance live market day video QUALITY and RELIABILITY are LEGENDARY and 1000% better than CNBCPro, but you NEED to get interviews with more market makers movers and shakers like Jeff Gundlach, FOMC members, etc. because your content has too much "millenial blah blah blah" filler.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Night Mode

Please provide a night mode black background screen for both desktop and mobile Yahoo Finance.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. filter description

Including description for every filter. What it means each one.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get those "premium" offers off my site, I can't get to the views I need.

Get those "premium" offers off my site, I can't get to the views I need. I tried to delete them, but that didn't work.

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Date of stock price entry, only "TIME" is not sufficient to recognize if pricing is current, premarket or post market

Date of stock price entry, "TIME" only, is not sufficient to recognize if pricing is current, pre-market or post-market when viewing during inactive market.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a Pitroski F-Score to the stock screener

Hi,
    I'm using this portal for a long time and has been very helpful for collecting historical data for my finance projects. I request from the bottom of my heart - Please add the Pitroski F-Score to the stock screener. It will be of great help to the users. Waiting asap.
    Many Thanks in Advance
    J S Abhishek

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base