Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Finance: Public company home page link in accessible location on stock quote page

I would like to suggest that the home page for each company be located in an easily accessible location, such as right underneath the daily chart. Sometimes I cannot even find it lately and other times it is there, but you have to scroll down a long ways to find it on the right hand side of the page. It would be helpful for me.

165th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Stock Rankings by Relative Strength or Momentum etc.

Something similar to Stockcharts.com. It should have a system that ranks stocks using criteria like performance relative to the S&P 500 or something similar like in IBD.

Make the price reasonable and you will get subscribers. Your target should be Stockcharts.com, IBD, Seeking Alpha and Trading View. Also analysis like the Smart Money show on CNBC, and PLEASE drop Cramer. Stop forcing people to listen, stop promoting him, he's not good with his advice. Finance is not a circus show.

You can do it!

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exchange rate for international stocks purchases

My portfolio holds US and European stocks. My main currency is the Euro and Yahoo Finance uses current EUR/USD exchange rates to estimate the current portfolio value, however, since there is no initial exchange rate when the stock is bought, the values tend to be inflated (the exchange rate is determined from the purchase date, but that can be different)

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bug or error:

in yahoo finance portfolio, when a security is purchased, and compares the gain or loss on that security, yahoo finance pulls from the opening balance on the day of purchase and not the lot purchase price. the gain or loss on the security is therefore wrong. call me if you have questions.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. next earnings and simple design

1. add a "*" near the name of a stock when the company announce something like earnings release date

2. less stylish and more simple design

3. smaller font for headlines

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have a yahoo finance app on roku.

I think a yahoo finance app on roku would be pretty cool, everybody could check their stocks, all they have to do is sign into their account.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Portfolio Backtesting

A little known feature for Google Finance was that if you clicked into a portfolio, it automatically generated a historical price chart for the portfolio based on an equal weighted investment in each of the securities in the list. You could compare it to major indexes as well. Would be a really nice feature to add to the watchlists.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reaction editing

Reaction Editing. Tho only way to edit a post is to delete it and re-post it. However Yahoo will not usually accept a new posting for a matter of hours after the original deletion. So there needs to be a way to more easily edit posts to correct spelling and typos.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. live market data-including bid-ask-quantities

equity scanner==premarket and intra- day

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Chart improvement requests

please improve the MOST BASIC charting functionality and reliability. Nothing fancy. I would gladly pay for robust and reliable information!!: how about showing the correct open price on the one day "full screen" chart? How about showing % price change by cursor hover for ALL equities compared in a single full screen chart? Could we add a slide bar for choosing a chart timeframe? Sorry for the all caps but this input box does not allow underlining.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. True TWR system

A TRUE way to keep track of performance like a true Time Weighted Return scenario. Don't just keep track of our current holdings. Let my tell you the real cash and keep track of all the historical by/sl so I can get a REAL return on my investment. Talk about a game changer.

Of course that means you have to provide a way for us to upload our transactions. Example: Can get schwab tx for the month including dvd/int, let us import that stuff.

All that being said, I understand you have to limit it to what you can price…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have something identical like stocktouch app that used to be in ios

What would be extremely useful for me and I would pay for it is to have something identical like an app that use to be on ios called stocktouch
    I really loved that app and many people I know as well, it was fast and very helpful, I do not understand why they closed it or did not charge for it.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Yield On Cost" YOC

There already is an average cost calculation done for the lots of stock held, why not add a simple 'Yield On Cost (YOC)' calculation to help us longer term investors see how well our long term position in hold for high dividends are doing? A more complicated calculation would be Annualized Yield on Cost or AYOC, giving us a better measurement of how our long position is doing. Then to further combine this we would add/subtract our annualized gain/loss cost return on Equity to our AYOC to get a Net ROE including Dividend Yields. It may not be perfect as…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort Stocks by Data

Allow me to sort all stocks by certain indicators. For example, at Zacks.com I can pick all stocks that are priced below the book value, with a P.E of 12 or less, and a market cap of $100 Billion.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Performance information

Percentage performance for individual holdings and portfolio holdings, YTD, 1 year, 3 year, 5 year, 10 year

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. discontinue crypto - bitcoin press

Crypto and bitcoin is irrelevant, un real, not real, not relevant, it means nothing, it is worth nothing but you perpetually honor it with press, FAKE NEWS. It is not regulated by banks or countries therefore is worthless. BUT, for circulation you continue to give it free press, why? it is fake and therefore so is your reporting. PLEASE give is real, information we can do something with

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen customization

High level of screen customization. Video feeds from CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Real Time Multi-Overlay

Real time overlays of multiple stocks.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base