Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bring back portfolio purchase dates

I have an idea-------tell me how to get my purchase dates back on my portfolios

180th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page down in a large portfolio goes more than a full page, skipping several stocks.

If there are 20 stocks on the first page of a large portfolio, page down goes down about 23 stocks, skipping three stocks. It should only go down 19 stocks so that the bottom of page 1 becomes the top of page 2. That way you know no stocks were skipped.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. What happened to the Advance/Decline page??

What happened to the Advance/Decline page?! Many of us use that data for our market indicators. Also, who thought it was a good idea to use an M to denote millions? This makes the data harder to use in a spreadsheet. Please go back to the old format.

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Go back to the old Font..this new bold condensed font is difficult to read caused eye fatigue!!!!!

OCT 5 2017 new font. Why????
    Go back to the old Font..this bold condensed font is DIFFICULT to read causing eye fatigue!!!!! I am a graphic designer specializing in typography from RISD so PLEASE take it form me..go back to the original font.

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show watchlist on interactive charts page

You took away the ability to quickly scroll through many charts by clicking on the tickets that you selected by creating a watchlist on the right hand side. I would have to type in every ticker I'd want to see for the interactive charts & I personally will never memorize that many tickers.

Please bring back the watch list to the right of the chart and/or create an option to turn it off/on. Thank you.

72nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Notes sortable again!

I put very specific into the Notes field. Maybe an Account Number or a Trade Date or something. If you are strict about the format of this field it is very nice to be able to sort on it if you can foresee the need and conform to a format; but, it is no longer sortable.

Will You give this back to us? Just make it sortable. If users don't want, just don't click on the link. Very easy decision from where I sit.

Thanks!! It is getting better. Pretty rough there for awhile; but, it is getting better.

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bring back ETF/N expense ratios and fund data (its there for mutual funds) super important to investors! ;-0

bring back ETF/N expense ratios and fund data (its there for mutual funds) super important to investors! ;-0

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. problem with ETHUSD and LTCUSD 52 week prices

I'm glad these are available for portfolios, but the 52 week prices don't display correctly, the display the day range instead. Please fix this!

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Gary,

Thanks for reaching out. We’re not able to replicate this issue. Is there a specific browser that’s causing this for you?

Regards,
    -Finance Support

10. Multiple Charts stacked up at once, just like the good ole days!

Years ago, before you guys "updated" the Yahoo Finance site... You used to be able to type in a bunch of tickers, and get stacked up charts (e.g. 3 months, or 6 months, or 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr) charts of all the stocks entered. Now you have to look at one f-ing chart at a time?! Is that progress?! No. Please give us the ability to get multiple charts on multiple stocks, over the same time frame, all at once, stacked up, just like the older generations of Yahoo-Finance used to be able to produce pronto. Why was that feature…

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filters on the Stock Screener do not work properly!

If I want to edit an existing or creating my own screener I face the following issues:

Screener Settings:
    Percent change greater than 3
    Region US
    Market Cap (Intraday) is Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Mega Cap
    Volume (Intraday) greater than 1500

1) When I select/add Small Cap for the Market Cap (Intraday). I'll get all these stocks with 0 change, 0 percent change, and 0 volume (useless data) even though my settings should show stocks greater than 3 percent, and volume greater than 1500. Then I realized that most of these stocks are OTC, which brings me to…

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SSE (Shanghai Stock Exchange) Chart Incorrect

To whom this may concern:

I have been looking into Chinese Stock Indices: 000001.SS (SSEC) and 399106.SZ (SZCOMP) and have noticed that for some reason data 1 data point for every week is missing (the stock markets are open 5 days a week and there are only 4 days listed every week) in the new Chart mode. Please fix.

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo should enhance Portfolio to include corporate actions automatically

Yahoo should enhance portfolio to include corporate actions like dividends, bonus, share splits, rights issue, etc automatically and include this in the profits where applicable.

180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tech link is directed to the finance page.

Every other link works except "tech". The tech link takes you to the yahoo finance page.

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. screener

Screener needs option to change fields displayed

84th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. year of purshase date wiped?

Yahoo just wiped the year of purchase data It says 20 for all the stocks in my portfolios. Can't enter 12/04/17 or any other year-it comes out 20
    All the lots have the same 20 year. every year from 2001 to 2017 is gone? No one at Yahoo will respond on why they made this change?

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cannot enter commission costs in portfolio, edit data used to be easier

Originally to edit portfolios all I needed to do was select my portfolio and add date, shares, cost, commissions. Very easy. The current format includes unnecessary information and organization by lots. Not user friendly and no place to include commissions. Useless. I am a finance professor and obviously the programmers have no sense of efficient design in this new format. The old format was sleek, intuitive and easy, which I have been using for over a decade. New=Horrible.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. phishing

Prevent phishing of Yahoo Finance page. As I browse my portfolio the page is replaced by a what appears to be a phoney survey. If I hit the back button, a new page show a sort of lottery. I actually have to restart the browser to get rid of it. However, it comes back. My ISP is Bell Canada and I use Safari on OSX 10.11.6

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Y axis needs to span from 0

A chart is a graphical representation of data. To accurately represent the data the Y axis needs to span from 0 (the minimum possible price) to the maximum stock price within the time period presented. Apparently no one in the financial industry understands this simple fact.

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base