Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to know if idea submitted

Graph scale not autoscaling, starts at 0 so graph is almost flat, No resolution. On TYX 30 yr treasury 1 day is OK but 5 day and longer is not usable. Needs to have same scale as 1 day.

379th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Export of "Trade Date" from Portfolio is NOT Excel Compatible for DATE Format

The format of "Trade Date" when exported is "YYYYMMDD"

when put into an Excel cell and a DATE value is selected,
    there are NO matching formats for a value formatted as "YYYYMMDD"

As a result, "########" appears in the cell(s).

My main portfolio is very large
    and manual changing of format would not have been "pretty"

I wasted about an hour (using WORD)
    to put the exported values into an Excel format.

Obviously,
    I would greatly appreciate it if the exported format
    would be changed to an Excel format
    for my next export effort.

Why not use a format something…

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. volume weighted moving average

Within the charting tool, could you please either add a volume weighted moving average indicator or allow the user to weight the simple moving average by volume. This would be very helpful in comparing against the simple weighted moving average. (I assume that the current weighted option within the moving average indicator is based on days, providing the largest weighting to the most recent day.)

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. articles in order by time

Your articles follow no order, neither by topic, or time or video vs text. Please put articles in order by time with the newest at the top. When reading news I am not interested in 2 day old news above current now news unless I want to go back that far. How is it useful to readers to see such old news - particularly when we are dealing with the subject of stocks and markets.

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. problem with ETHUSD and LTCUSD 52 week prices

I'm glad these are available for portfolios, but the 52 week prices don't display correctly, the display the day range instead. Please fix this!

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alliance One Data incorrect

Alliance One (AOI) Data incorrect.
    Quarterly graphs are incorrectly labelled since AOI is on a FY ending March 31st 2018
    Estimates price target at $6 is ludicrous since the stock is presently at over $13

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ery,

Thanks for the feedback. Where specifically are you noticing this issue?

Can you please provide a link or more details.

Thanks you

-Finance Support

8. ADBE contract not available in the search list.

Dear developers, is there a reason for which I cannot find all contracts listed? I am looking for ADBE200117P00250000 (Put contract on Jan 2020 for Adobe @ 250). I actually own such a contract on my broker platform, but I cannot find it in Y!Finance so I can add it in my portfolio.

Many thanks,
    Andrei

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Warrant information is missing

WFC-WT and JPM-WT tickers are missing from the database. In my portfolio, I get them only on occasions and not constantly.
    Please fix this issue.

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nuuvera Inc. (NUU) Missing data

Hello,
    Nuuvera Inc. (NUU) is missing data like market cap. Other sites have this already.

Thank you

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Incorrect change listed on the crude oil quote.

YAHOO says the January contract for Crude Oil is at $56.20, down $2.16. Your data feed is wrong. The Tuesday settlement for the contract was $57.62. You can see it here.

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get rid of the banner stating 'Try our new charting experience and share your thoughts': it's covers up the dates!!!!!!!

The banner is covering up the calendar dates at the bottom of the chart, so makes it practically useless. Do you guys ever beta these 'improvements'?

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. disable "blue box help" after viewed once

A pain to have to see a blue box of help every time you look at the fundamentals for a portfolio .. give an option to disable this after it has been viewed once.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. What happened to the Advance/Decline page??

What happened to the Advance/Decline page?! Many of us use that data for our market indicators. Also, who thought it was a good idea to use an M to denote millions? This makes the data harder to use in a spreadsheet. Please go back to the old format.

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. bring back portfolio purchase dates

I have an idea-------tell me how to get my purchase dates back on my portfolios

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Notes sortable again!

I put very specific into the Notes field. Maybe an Account Number or a Trade Date or something. If you are strict about the format of this field it is very nice to be able to sort on it if you can foresee the need and conform to a format; but, it is no longer sortable.

Will You give this back to us? Just make it sortable. If users don't want, just don't click on the link. Very easy decision from where I sit.

Thanks!! It is getting better. Pretty rough there for awhile; but, it is getting better.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Page down in a large portfolio goes more than a full page, skipping several stocks.

If there are 20 stocks on the first page of a large portfolio, page down goes down about 23 stocks, skipping three stocks. It should only go down 19 stocks so that the bottom of page 1 becomes the top of page 2. That way you know no stocks were skipped.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base