New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. star/flag function

I use the star/flag function a lot and would love to have different colors!

1004th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 787th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. left justify the Archive, Move, ... banner

Left justify the 'Archive, Move...' buttons. You centered them and that requires more mouse movement, bad for carpal tunnel!

2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hate the background

HATE THE BACKGROUND, HATE THE SO SLOW SCROLLING, HATE THE TON OF SPAM, HATE THAT THE SCROLLING DOESN"T KEEP YOU AT THE MOST CURRENT MESSAGE

620th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unwanted Folders

I want the ability to do my own filing. Please remove that Coupons folder. I want all coupon emails in my inbox. If I want it, I use it otherwise I just delete it. Please remove the coupons, photos, documents and travel folders..Let us handle our own filing, please.

286th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove "search" from the email subject line in inbox

Why is the search function still right next to every email subject line in the inbox when multiple people have asked that it be removed? And why can I not vote or comment on those suggestions? I am making a new post to reiterate that it is still annoying to try to open an email and get a search instead. Please fix.

1139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please bring back the old shortcuts like k for read message

Please bring back the old shortcuts like k for read message

1004th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "MOVE" Button & Cursor Location

When I click "Move", the cursor should default to the "find a folder" position, so I can start typing immediately, not have to click a second time. It's VERY ODD that you somehow missed this????

2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tabbed message disappears if alone

If I open a message and leave it open and then visit another folder, Yahoo! Mail closes that message tab. This is very frustrating; I left that message tab open for a reason. This problem seems to go away if I have two message tabs open at the same time.

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please reduce the line spacing in the leftmost pane

In the old Yahoo Mail, I could see whether there was anything new in all my folders and in my inbox at a glance. Now I have to keep scrolling back and forth.

2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep boxes checked on selected emails even if I accidentally open an email so I don't have to start over.

It happens very regularly where I'll have over 40 messages selected for deletion and I accidentally miss the select box and open an email instead. While that's mildly annoying, it's very frustrating to start all over and have to select all of the messages again. I've read other submissions where people would like the check box bigger, but I would love if the boxes remained checked/selected after you back out of the email you accidentally opened.

655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sub-folders can't be named because another folder has the same name OUTSIDE of it??? You are either ****** or just lazy.

This wasn't an issue IN THE OLD EMAIL. You know, the one that worked. So I can no longer organize my folders for a magazine I do where I have subfolders for each year under "Magazine"; 2017, 2018, etc. In each year's subfolder I have additional subfolders such as "Ads, Photos, Articles", etc. BUT NOW! for 2019, I can't name a folder "ads" because it exists outside of my new subfolder. As I said, ****** or LAZY!!

1139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New format does not return to the top of the inbox to display the latest emails after viewing earlier ones (same day). An "improvement"?

Well, let's see: when returning to "inbox", shouldn't emails display beginning with the latest? Not several emails down from the top? You know, just a thought. Pls stop w/the "improved looks", bells/whistles and stick with the basics.

2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to turn off left column

I dont need the left-most column to be available all the time. It could be made like Microsoft OneNote. It can open out with the click some icon but 99% it can remain closed. This helps to increase the screen real-estate space.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why is the top ad scrolling in my email messages?

Since the update (that must have taken place sometime yesterday) I now have the Ad at the top of my email messages scrolling down the page instead of staying at the top. It's getting in my way to clean out my inbox, and quite frankly ANNOYING me! I dislike Hotmail/MS, and GMAIL and now you guys are monkeying around with the only email set up I actually can stand to use. Knock it off! Please and thank you! :-)

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Return option to sign out from email app.

Removing the option to sign out from the email app is ridiculous and underhanded as it forces users to navigate to a page with poor quality news content to sign out. Even worse, this may pose a risk to security to those who may forget to sign out on account of not having a readily available sign out option, especially if their browsers do not sign them out upon exit.

713th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 839th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me click on a link to make a booking or pay an account

Please let me click on a link instead of directing me to the Yahoo app which I have installed twice but which won't let me do anything!! Plus you keep asking for verification which I do and still nothing works. I just want things to simple and easy as they previously were.

2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Tab Opens

I don't like that when I want to go back to the homepage from my email inbox it opens a new tab!! SWITCH ME BACK!

2268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base