New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New look is too busy and the initials for the emails really annoying

I had the new version and yet something happened and now everything is really different. The new one is super busy and hard to read emails. The worst might be how when picking an email from the list of contacts it assigns initials in colors inside a circle. Super distracting and I cannot find anywhere how to stop this.

907th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interface is deleting emails not selected

When I select all, only a portion of the emails show checked/selected. if i don't uncheck any boxes and click delete ALL emails in my box are deleted - even those note selected. This didn't used to happen. Please revert to old functionality. Or actually show that all emails selected some can be unselected.

1335th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please continue to support Chrome 49 for Mac OS

I have an older Mac running an older version of Chrome 49. I cannot upgrade it because I cannot upgrade my Mac OS at this time.

Yahoo Mail works just fine in Chrome 49. Please DO NOT stop support of modern Yahoo Mail.

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. whitelist shouldn't mean unsecured browsing.......!

Emails are important private matter.. Whitelist, or ads shouldn't mean unsecured browsing..! Please make sure that it is a secured window..! Thanks..

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link Notes & Calendar To New Design

I think notes and calendar should work within the new deisgn, not link to new page.

655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. day headers show only resource ID in grid view

Bug report:
    Using Chrome and FireFox browsers, all is good.
    Using Msft Edge, in the grid view of the message threads, the group headers for the day's names and "today", "yesterday", "last week" all show up as 4-digit resource ID numbers instead of the text.

2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve the ability to delete emails

You have not improved the ability to delete a large amount of emails at one time. It is infuriating!! Please fix. And I am talking of being able to delete thousands of emails in one fell swoop.

1000th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. why do i see multiple articles about the same

Yahoo Landing Page, I don't want to see 5 articles about the Kardashian, or 3 different articles about the almost nip slip on SNL by Miley. how can I only see what I want to see and nothing else you force me to see

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. leave my computer setting the h... olone you have now totally screwed my account up i have been at this all **** day

if it aint broke leave it alone and fire the person that thinks i / or millions of us want change if it aint broke leave it alone and get my basic mail back asap what have u dont to my mail and page what a nitemare fire the person that did this now POINT MADE !!!!!!

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. profile thumb photo or avatar

it will be nice if the thumb profile photo is sent with the email, it will be more personalized for the receiver to see the avatar.

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Position of message telling mail has been Moved/Read/Other

The way the message of Yahoo Mail appears telling me messages have been moved/read/deleted appears on top op de options to move, mark as read ec. making it difficult to do things and I have to wait for it to disappear before I can do anything. It takes seconds every time I want to do something. Make sure that the little window with messages about actions taken will not be ON the bar where the actions you can select are.
    Let Reply, Reply to All, Forward, Archive, Move, Delete, Spam and More always be visible and make the message of…

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please provide a type size BETWEEN "medium" and "large" ...

My type size is set to medium, but LARGE would be better for many of my correspondents. However LARGE is so big that it would annoy some of the correspondents in my "lists." PLEASE PROVIDE a "medium-large" type size, useful for older folks whose eyesight is not as acute as it once was. Thanks so much!

588th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I don't want to switch to bare-bones "classic mail", I just want the same new mail format I had until yesterday.

The huge space on the right with unnecessary info about the sender... the choice between a blinding white background or a ridiculously dark one... switching back doesn't take me to the "previous version", it takes me to an unpleasant basic version and doesn't solve the problem. I don't think my eyes can use this new format, sorry and hope you consider the option of keeping it how it was until now.

376th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mark original text in email reply

When replying to an email, there used to be an option to insert a '>' in front of every line of the original text. In a chat, the Yahoo support agent said this is not possible. Please add this capability.

1135th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please make it possible to send old-fashioned plain text email without fighting for it every step of the way!

(This forum tells me to vote for an old idea instead of posting my own, but all of the ones I want to vote for are closed for comments and therefore unvoteable. Therefore, here goes another duplicate.)

Since copy and paste is disabled in plain text mode for some supremely asinine reason, composing a plain text email in Yahoo is an exercise in frustration. The only thing worse is composing a non-plain-text email, where it constantly re-interprets what you're trying to do, moving the cursor willy-nilly to the end of the line, inserting graphics that it refuses to then remove,…

428th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Photo folder - for what use.

Yahoo photos? I want to add a link to a photo in Yahoo forum, to show an ad as "sponsored mail" i never get rid of (incredible bad) though i report it every day.
    I have a very special serious reason to not see that junk, its about a relatives death that is connected to it.
    But it wasnt possible to link to a place outside Yahoo and not possible to insert an image.
    And when I try to make a link to yahoo photo, where i could store it, its not possible.
    What use do yahoo think i have…

1335th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Where are my group contact folders? I like the idea of contact on your right, however bring back the group folder contact.

Please bring back the Group mailing folders. Lost all my email contact group folders, or selected group mailing folders.

636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base