Advertisement issues - Virus
advertisements that can result in a virus like encounter should not be allowed on yahoo mail. the ad prompted me to a page which resulted in a screen and audio claiming my computer was corrupted and i should not shut or close the computer and asked me to call Microsoft at the telephone number on the screen. because i was afraid to do that i had to shut the computer down manually and reboot.
Thanks for letting us know! Can you please send us a screenshot of these ads? These should not be on our platforms and we'd love to get a screenshot so we can share with the right team. Please send to oasis.mail.feedback@yahooinc.com. Thanks!
-
Anonymous
commented
Don't allow advertising that when cllcked on redirects to a fake virus warning. You should be ashamed for allowing that kind of advertising
-
Adam Simon
commented
Some of the ads that appear between messages in the Inbox are purposefully trying to appear as a message in your inbox to get you to click on it. Some of these ads open up a page that appears to have infected your computer and sometimes causes the web browser to crash. How are you allowing these ads to be clickable in users inboxes? That has to be fixed, please!
-
KATHRYN DIAMOND
commented
You have Ads that are spam. They flip to Warning, Dont use your computer. Why do you allow this
-
Aaron Parker
commented
My inbox has an ad at the top of the messages made to look like a message and when I clicked it I got a malware screen screaming at me. How about vetting your ads?
-
Betty Schrandt
commented
I have also reported this problem to Taboola, but there have been multiple times now where the ad at the top of her inbox has taken her to a fraudulent/scam website. This is unacceptable. Yahoo, you must know who your advertisers are. They create ad messages that look like Yahoo message update notifications and when you click on them they take you to an API website before sending you to another site that locks up your screen and demands your personal data. I'm not complaining about the fact that there are ads in my grandma's email, I'm complaining that those ads take you to scam websites like its 2005. You hired Taboola to handle your Native ads, and this is your responsibility to fix. This is the account in question, but I am typing on her behalf. Thank you.
-
Hameeda Farooqui
commented
-
Hazel Hubbard
commented
There is a virus button SAYING it is an ad with more emails on top of your regular emails. I love yahoo and only use it for every day contacts, but try harder to weed those scams out.
-
jon melzer
commented
I accidentally clicked on the Ad button while trying to delete an email, and was redirected to a malicious site
-
Juan Y Swantilli
commented
Ad banner at top of inbox (which looks like a new message) sends me to virus material. Why are you allowing this to happen?
-
larry chisler
commented
It's nice for the ad buyers that it looks like a regular email you can click on the check box to delete, but instead opens the ad. And the "ad" we accidentally click automatically sends you to a warning page and if you click on it, it opens up a virus and shuts your computer down.
I'm sure all users would love that option to not be available. Does this deceptive "advertising" option mean that yahoo is responsible for computer damage?
-
Avinash Kachhy
commented
Hello
I saw an ad in my inbox that reads like "(3) New Mails Your profile is blowing up.
On clicking on that ad my desktop computer was highjacked and I was prompted to call some spurious "tech support" number.
If this is from a Yahoo ad, yahoo fails to provide a safe computing environment by not checking the honesty of their advertisers. -
Cynthia Begin
commented
-
Tony Crisera
commented
Do a better job of screening ads -
Shows as "3(new) Mails Your profile just went viral in your area"
-
Chad Showalter
commented
The ads that pop-up in the Inbox inline with other e-mails are sometimes deceiving and very spam-like. "Your profile is going viral in your area" for example. I don't like it, and I wish I could block those. This should be an option. Advertisers should not be using spam on your platform.
-
KH Leong
commented
Please remove fake news Ad from my account, it is a scam
-
Sean A Miro
commented
Hello, I wanted to report a concerning experience I had while using Yahoo Mail." A sponsored advertisement appeared in my inbox area and redirected me to what appeared to be a fake virus page. The page attempted to make it seem like my computer was shutting down, which was clearly a scare tactic. I understand that ads may be served through third-party networks, but I was pretty surprised and concerned that this type of deceptive ad was able to appear as sponsored content within Yahoo Mail. It creates a significant security concern for users who may believe that it's legitimate. I didn't engage with it beyond closing it, but I wanted to bring it to your attention so it can be reviewed and blocked from appearing for other users.
-
Darlin Sur
commented
I clicked the Ad at the top of Inbox as it had this: "a profile view linked to your account" etc. It then took me to a Yahoo Terms screen about collecting and sharing data, which i Accepted. Then it took me to a site identified as a Threat by NORTON SECURITY.
NORTON stopped thios as a THREAT: https://best393.traveltipsmedia.com/landers/yahoo_main_mp_test/index.php?bcid=d87ipao1p96s73at4qv0&lpkey={lpkey}
-
Paul
commented
I clicked on an ad by mistake and it sent me to a scam site! You got a virus on your PC. BS!!!! That site took control of my browser and I had to task manager to close it. WHAT THE ****!!!!!!
-
Chris Burns
commented
You are passing along a malware ad which takes over the entire screen with audible alarms and claims that the user's pc is infected. The subjest of the ad says "an unread connection attempt was made today." You should provide the ability to report ads such as this to help mitigate. This makes Yahoo look complicit and irresponsible.
-
Anonymous
commented
I get an error from malwarebytes whenever I open the mail app. Says it is trying to opening nearlyfooeyminus.com.