Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. player rankings should reflect custom stats

I'm fine with Yahoo doing and O-rank and providing the ranks for 5x5 standard leagues, but why is there no option to show the rankings of players using a league's custom stats? I play in a 6x7 league and it would be very valuable information if we knew the exact ranks of players under the umbrella of our own custom stats.

39th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow limits on pitching in "Head-to-Head - Points" leagues

Limits on pitching (as well as hitting) exist in "Points" leagues. Why ON EARTH do they they not exist in "Head-to-Head - Points" leagues? I'm talking specifically about the "Max Innings" option. Without such a limit, everyone in my league would use a 10-man rotation- the incentives would be there to use as many starting pitchers as possible.

Further, the ideal formats for pitching limits would be "Max Games Started" and "Max Pitching Appearances." I'd imagine most leagues would set the Max Games Started limit at 162 and tailor the Max Pitching Appearances to the number of SP and RP…

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Anthony Rizzo should NOT be 2B eligible.

It is absolute failure that Rizzo is 2B eligible. He Never started a game there and while you might see he made 10 appearances at 2B, it was because of a shift in alignment and a scoring technicality. PLEASE change this to 1B only. This is the type of thing the will ruin the entire season of fantasy baseball and it's commonsense really. I love yahoo fantasy sports, but you guys need to do the right thing here.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. LH/RH splits and PRE/POST All Star Break Splits Filter

Would you please consider adding a filter under 'stats' on the PLAYERS page for a hitter's stats vs LHP as well as vs RHP? This would help users filter through potential free agents pickups on a day when the player is supposed to face either a LH or RH starter.

Additionally, in the same area, would you consider adding a pre-all star break split and a post-all star break split in the 'stats' option on the PLAYERS page?

Thanks so much!

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wins + Quality Starts (W+QS)

This needs to be done. It is a simple concept.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Two-Way Player Statistics

Hello - With three players currently in MiLB (Hunter Greene & Brendan McKay) or heading to MLB shortly (Shohei Otani) who both play the field and pitch regularly, does Yahoo have a solution for how these player's statistics will be handled? As far as I can tell, Yahoo has never had a player eligible for both a pitching spot and a position player spot, and hitting stats have never counted for pitchers, nor have pitching stats ever counted for hitters.

If that remains the case, how will it be determined which "side" of the ball these players will be eligible…

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the reg season tiebreaker rules or allow private leagues more customization

The regular season, h2h wild card tiebreakers are horribly arbitrary and have been for years. It affects h2h one win leagues more, since there's higher chance of ties. Who in their right mind would choose week 22 win% as the first tiebreaker for a wild card spot? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense. And no, for the record, I am not being hurt by that system this year, I'm just finally choosing to post about it, since I just listed the playoff scenarios for my league.

In nearly every sport on the planet, head to head win %…

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about give leagues a choice on Ohtani

How about give leagues a choice on Ohtani
    Why not have 3 Ohtani's in the Yahoo Universe and allow individual leagues decide how they wish to deal with him?

Ohtani (Util & SP)
    Ohtani (Util)
    Ohtani (SP)

Individual leagues can decide whether there are two or one in their league. If leagues what one unified player then they can set their own rules that the other two can't be rostered. If for some reason leagues like having two separate Ohtani's they can make the unified one off limits on rosters.

This seems something Yahoo can do now without disrupting leagues…

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. End fantasy baseball playoffs earlier

Everyone in my league checks out as soon as football starts. Give the commish the option to end the playoffs some time in August. I'm guessing a lot of fantasy baseball people feel this way.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There should be an option to make all playoff rounds two weeks long. That way, you get a real test of who the better team is in a long match

Two week playoff rounds would truly separate the men from the boys. Better managers and well balanced teams would be less likely to lose because of a key injury/rest day or an outburst from one opposing player.

48th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Minimum Innings Pitched for Rotisserie

Although there is a "minimum innings pitched" option available for head to head leagues, I believe there needs to be one instituted for Rotisserie as well. ESPN has already adopted this feature and I believe the season long minimum should be set at 1000 innings.

The reason this is necessary is because someone in my league employed a strategy of only drafting batters early then going after all the elite relief pitchers without having a single starting pitcher on his team. He also has many relief pitchers on his bench that he can activate during off days and some relief…

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase DL slots

Love Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and hope you stay in business - best fantasy game for us.

Suggestion - we are having problems with the huge increase in DL players since PED testing and now the 10 day DL. Yahoo has the maximum DL at 5 spots. Can you pass on a request that Yahoo increase the number to at least 7 available DL slots.

Sure would appreciate it. Cheers!

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let traded NA or DL players go straight to open NA or DL slots

Just as you now can add a player directly to an open NA or DL slot in private leagues, you should alos be able to designate a player being traded to an open NA or DL slot without having to drop players. A simple "the player you are receiving is eligible for NA/DL slot, do you want to put him in your open slot?" yes/no question would do it. This makes the process less cumbersome.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Free Agent NA's to be directly added to NA spots

Just like you've done with the DL spots, NAs should be able to be added directly from FA pool to NA spots. This has been an issues for years and very frustrating to have to drop a player first to do this. Also, NAs should be able to be traded directly from NA spot to NA spot. This is a nightmare for keeper and dynasty leagues who use NAs for minor league players.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. DL Max increase

Especially with the new 10-Day DL....Yahoo needs to move the 5 DL spot max to at least 8. At least half the teams have had to drop great players because the 5 person max allowed on the DL. I am the commissioner and I think you all should allow us to move it up to at least 8 but 10 would be perfect.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trading of NA players directly

It would be VERY helpful if we could trade NA players directly w/o having to move onto active & then back to NA...In real life baseball teams can trade prospects in trades w/o putting onto active roster...it complicates prospect moves when we have to put onto active to move them

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 Week Playoff Matchups with Adjustable Schedule

I would love to see Yahoo allow for 2 week playoff matchups and an adjustable schedule that allows you to end regular season whenever you want. These options are currently available on ESPN. After doing our fantasy baseball on Yahoo since 2006, we switched over to ESPN this season because our managers simply prefer 2 week playoff matchups and how it rewards a "true" winner.

Especially in a sport like baseball that entails so much randomness, a 1 week matchup at any given time is almost a "crapshoot". Also, allowing for an adjustable schedule would also be a great feature…

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keeper Leagues: Allow players starting the season in the minors to be kept without counting as a bench spot.

Currently, my league has 28 roster spots + 2 NA spots. If we want to stash a prospect, we have to keep them on the 28 man roster through the draft, then move them into NA. This robs us of those last 2 bench spots in the draft. Please fix!!

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a new hitting category - Doubles & Triples.

Hello!

Hoping for this upcoming season, you can create an additional hitting category: Doubles & Triples. My league does not want two separate categories, but we also do not want to use the “XBH” category. Creating a “2B & 3B” would be phenomenal. Thank you!

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the DL spot to the IL to align with MLB

Since MLB has officially changed the disabled list to the injured list, will Yahoo be changing the designation to "IL"?

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base