Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo ********! Dump Stormy! We don't care!

Ad nauseum Stormy, Kardashians. etc@@@! Give me the ability to totally dumb this **** that you think is important! Give it to someone that cares! Me, allow that big X in the sky to never hear about them again!

35th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of "Your Deals from the INBOX." I want weather, sports----

Get rid of YOUR DEALS FROM THE INBOX. I want weather sports. You always say that Yahoo is making this personal--How about me designing my Home Page?

126th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give us a choice on what language for commercials

Suddenly I am getting all my commercials in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish so can only guess as to what they are trying to sell me. Everything else is in English.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please stop using Boredom Therapy as a news/advertising partner. It's just excessive advertising with minimal content.

Please stop using Boredom Therapy as a news/advertising partner. It's just excessive advertising with minimal content.
    Trying to read one of their stories is a nightmare.
    Click scroll after click and scroll and just getting nowhere. I have never finished a story.
    And as Im sure they have designed it the page shifts so I accidentally click on some random ad.

I've used Yahoo for many years and I find the advertising only increases and the quality of news stories generally goes down. I'm seriously considering making a switch.

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. External cites have glitchy, scam-filled, and trash website ads.

Compared to Google News, Yahoo is regressive and on a fast track to bankruptcy due to it's juvenile ad choices and external cites. I used to read the news on Yahoo and do not anymore because it feels like I'm trying to torrent videos illegally on some website I've never heard of. In other words, my videos I want to watch don't load because there's too much ad clutter, and videos I have NO INTEREST in watching play automatically which is arguably one of the most obnoxious things about any website. All in all, you have lost another user to…

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Police the racist stereotypes on comments.

Yahoo has become a dating site for gay white supremacists who send out their mating calls on your comment sections. You can clean this up by cleaning up the racist stereotype language such as the use of animal descriptions for African Americans, or well known slurs for other persons of color. Just takes some courage, Yahoo.

147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pop up adds, winning Amazon prize. I hate the pop up adds that do not go away. After 20+ years am quitting Yahoo..

I hate the Amazon winning pop up ads. After over 20 years using Yahoo, I am moving on.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STOP with the spam maleware links and the ******* click baite

I getting sick and tired of these malware filled clickbaite links, and the constant popups to make your shittty site my homepage.

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Does Yahoo! even read these "suggestions"?

For years I have read complaints about the lack of good News sources/articles and the constant click bait advertisements. Yahoo! used to be the go to source for legitimate news. Now what Yahoo! lists as news is mostly gossip and bias opinions. The constant celebrity "news", mostly the same non-celebrity celebrities, is a constant annoyance. As is the continuous push of articles reporting Twitter feedback. Twitter is NOT an accurate source for feedback or a way to prove popularity amongst Americans. If your users want to follow people on Twitter, they will do so on Twitter. I can honestly state…

92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Didn't there used to be a way to eliminate specific topics from clogging up my homepage? I am seriously offended by the presumption that I g

Let us pick topics ( such as celebrities, IE reality stars) or people (like ANY of the Kardasians) to completely eliminate from our homepages. If you don't get rid of some of that garbage I'm going to change mine!

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop making the stories to where you have to click "NEXT" 30 times before you find out anything about the story !!

Most people don't have an hour an a half to keep clicking "Next" to read a story. After like 5-6 pages I close it and never read it. WHY print it that way?? There are a lot of articles posted that I would like to read but cannot sit there half the day clicking "NEXT".

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. About Home Page

Can you take Celebrity, Lifestyle, Style, Entertainment off my Yahoo home page and put news articles from Fox, Chicago Tribune, Associated Press, Huffpost, NBC, ABC, CBS The independent, The daily Beast and all News Related channels on my Yahoo Home page.

108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. get rid of sponsered articles

You have a lot of good articles but because they are "sponsored" articles they are nothing more that time consuming click bait and switch which by the second click I have lost all interest.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to have the sports stories that constantly show up on my pages to go away. I used to be able to click on a yes/no option

I want to have the sports stories that constantly show up on my pages to go away. I used to be able to click on a yes/no option, but that option has disappeared. I do not care about sports stories. I want to remove them from my news pages.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I can no longer comment. The comment button seems to be disabled. Am I being hushed up?

I can no longer comment. The comment button seems to be disabled. Am I being hushed up (censored)?

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New layout really ugly, huge part of ads and lists and small part to read my mails. not able to expand in full screen. Really useless!!

remove ads space because is really huge and useless, pops up every second. I don't need half of monitor with my lists and a little space to read my mail , which will be extable to full screen!

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Entertainment

How about a yahoo comedy page? Or something that helps search for local events like theater, comedy, flea markets, festivals, concerts. Currently your idea of entertainment page is kardashian and swift and magnolia and duggar material. I want to see things that I can attend. High school plays, basketball games, ice hockey, something that helps me find events that are coming up or even today. Everyone knows how to tell what is on tv or at the theater, but when is the next psychic medium, aura reader, wine and paint night, cooking class, photography class, zumba class, comedy night, musical,…

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 120th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Comments section

I don't seem to be getting alerts when someone has replied on my comments on a story. I also can click on show replies and nothing shows up just a comment box and I don't need to comment on my own comment. Yahoo used to be really good and great working. But so many problems exist now, I don't get this on any other homepage of any kind.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base