New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have poor eyesite which is agravated by the new cramped email layout, please return to full width

My eyesight is poor and i need to have a full screen to be able to read and find all my emails/bills/hospital appointments easily and without extra eyestrain. How can i adjust the settings to regain the full width of my very necessary emails permanently as cramming them into the left/centre with a huge amount of empty space on the right side of the screen is simply causing me distress and will force me to change email providers away from Yahoo if nothing can be done about it?
    I would appreciate a reply, thank you.
    Best regards,
    KH

967th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 967th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hard to read text in inbox, white is too bright!

Hard to read text in inbox, white is too bright!

720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. stationery

Your stationery is pitiful!!! Is this the best you can do? I want to send out a Thanksgiving email, and there is NO stationery!!!!

585th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NEW* Create your own visual "Theme" for your email!

I would like to create my own "graphic theme" for my email. Is that possible?

845th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I prefer a light background with BLACK ink.

My 62 year old eyes don't want to deal with white font. Please have at least 1 choice with a black font.

205th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1166th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 967th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. small space for email

Space for actual emails is reduced enormously. Why yahoo ribbon takes up so much more space. The email list is squeezed from the top and from the side into 30% of the area.

655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. White lettering on dark background is murder on the eyes

Classic Mail inboxes had black lettering on dark backgrounds. Please add an option for black lettering again. White type on dark is hard to read - any designer will tell you that.

1166th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Letting users change the background to a picture that they want from their computer

I would like users to change the background to what users want and use any picture from their computer for the theme and the background.

688th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hard to read

Why did you close all "the hard to read" issues.

1) Content in left rail, hard to read
    2) List of email in main area, hard to read
    3) Navigation once in an incoming email, replies and the like, hard to read
    Really, are you trying to drive people to GMail?

577th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. YOU SHOULD HAVE COLOR PINK FOR THE THEME :(

YOU SHOULD HAVE COLOR PINK

720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Iwant my inbox to go back the way it was please and I want to be able to viev all my emails in one long scroll not different pages that suck

This sucks give me back the good inbox with full scrolling not different pages and the nice appearence the classic I had this is just an inbox we don't need the rubbish or is this a thing bought in by the new partner well hands off our inboxes leave them as they were and dump this new rubbish.

537th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unify user interfaces!!!

I've been using computers for four decades and I'm still flabbergasted seeing the miserable mix match of user interfaces and features spread out across various access points... mostly different from one service to another. It's amazing we can make so much money on so little and still not figure out how to let people arrange their own own content instead of dictating where engineers and those who decide how things should be. I guess they never got the memo we're all different?

409th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update mail stationary! Xmas/N.Year in April? Flower selections gone! Add "To Cheer & Sympathy"

Mail stationary used to have selections of beautiful flowers! You also got rid of the rose/flower emoticon I always used with my signature on emails. Add "To Cheer You and Sympathy and Thinking Of You" selections. Bring back those flowers! You still have Christmas and New Years selections/many...with SNOW/winter selections when it's nearly May!

967th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

845th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You need more themes for Yahoo. You changed it to nothing

You screwed up my yahoo and the themes are stupid now . Lost the themes I used to have.

265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base