New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us more interesting 'theme' options that aren't so dark, when they're on the full or what are currently referred to as dark setting.

The the themes are sparse and unimaginative. On the 'dark' setting they're too dark and on the medium and light settings the page is too all white. Otherwise, I have no real objection to the change in format.

534th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Since videos automatically play when my inbox is empty, I exit Yahoo mail. With old mail I gladly kept it active all the time.

Please provide an easy way to disable automtic video play when the inbox is empty. Thanks.

569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. yahoo mail new layout: when folder is empty, background stay's white, not dark...

yahoo mail new layout: when a folder (like inbox) is empty, background stay's white, not dark (or theme setting) please try to fix....

569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Iwant my inbox to go back the way it was please and I want to be able to viev all my emails in one long scroll not different pages that suck

This sucks give me back the good inbox with full scrolling not different pages and the nice appearence the classic I had this is just an inbox we don't need the rubbish or is this a thing bought in by the new partner well hands off our inboxes leave them as they were and dump this new rubbish.

578th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to have black text

In order for me to use the new Mail format, I would need to have the option of having black text with a colored background. Right now, the only option is white text on a colored background. Until that is changed, I won't be using the latest version. I am going to go back to using the Classic Mail.

583rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hard to read

Why did you close all "the hard to read" issues.

1) Content in left rail, hard to read
    2) List of email in main area, hard to read
    3) Navigation once in an incoming email, replies and the like, hard to read
    Really, are you trying to drive people to GMail?

622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stationery

Your stationery is pitiful!!! Is this the best you can do? I want to send out a Thanksgiving email, and there is NO stationery!!!!

636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give me the option to have a PLAIN white and/or black background, your silly cartoonish colors is like WoW, it irritates my soul!

Give me the option to have a PLAIN white and/or black background, your silly cartoonish colors is like WoW, it irritates my soul!

651st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. custom wallpapers for the background

Would be so much better if we could custom our own backgrounds! I mean even Gmail did that!

651st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow changes to letter color for low contrast - vision impaired. I prefer dark letters on semi dark background.

Allow changes to letter color for low contrast - vision impaired. I prefer dark letters on semi dark background.

699th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 699th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Animated backgrounds.

Most people I know would rather have real photo's than clip art guys. Now if you want to really sell this "new format", you could try animated backgrounds! Yeah, that's the ticket! Animation. Try being innovative for a change.

699th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Letting users change the background to a picture that they want from their computer

I would like users to change the background to what users want and use any picture from their computer for the theme and the background.

730th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. small space for email

Space for actual emails is reduced enormously. Why yahoo ribbon takes up so much more space. The email list is squeezed from the top and from the side into 30% of the area.

730th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 730th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. emoticons *****

First off, I DESPISE that you FORCED me to change. That is just so BIG BROTHER of you. Second, I have read dozens of complaints regarding everything on the NEW Yahoo and THOUSANDS of people hate it, including me. Its not original in any way, and as my topic header says, the emoticons *****. They are boring, lifeless, and exactly like all of the others out there. Yahoo used to be my favourite email service above ALL OTHERS and now, you are just as lame as the rest of them. Bring back the old Yahoo for those of us who…

765th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hard to read text in inbox, white is too bright!

Hard to read text in inbox, white is too bright!

765th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I liked my old theme background with the snow covered trees - where is it?

I liked my old theme background with the snow covered trees - where is it?

817th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 817th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base