New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. common sense

Improve mail by returning to old setup: when you could see entire mail at a glance!! Who wants this nonsense???
    YAHOO I and billions more say return to old format. but you do not listen😫🤣😢

595th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Santa's list

You guys should make a new forwarding email for Santa that parents can sign up for that can get transferred to there account. It would be a new form of a Santa list

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The boxes to select msg are TOO SMALL

Make the pick boxes bigger in the app. I keep selecting the email when I’m trying to pick the box to select emails. Super annoying because when you go “back” all the other boxes you had picked are unselected.

834th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. all the backgrounds are too dark and the white background is too bright

provide some pastel coloured backgrounds which are more restful on the eyes, particularly for more elderly users!

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 898th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sort contacts by date added

Add the ability to manage contacts by date added. This will allow for easy way to delete old ones. I, for example, added thousands of contacts years ago when importing some business related contacts. I have no need for these contacts now. With this feature, people will be able to clean up their contacts easier and make it better in creating lists.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Mail is terrible. Perfect reason ro quit yahoo.

New Mail is terrible. Perfect reason to quit yahoo.

654th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. E-mail Filters

E-mail Filters:
    I must strongly recommend adding a filter system that allows the user to search and filter e-mails by key words. This feature should allow the user to select whether to search specific fields like "From", "To", "Subject", "Forward", and "Body". By typing in the key words they are looking for into a filter search bar, the user would be able to hide all messages except the ones found with that search. Then the user would be able to "select all" and perform actions with all selected messages at once instead of searching for hours to collect all e-mails…

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. E-mail contacts - no longer complete - Why the change !

Go back to the contact list as it was - I lost most of them .

898th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why do you promote such business,definitely not good business

let your promoters have there own page .If you wish to look go look .Stay away from my e-mails this is a business,not your personal SWAG page

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The selection box for mail is too frigging small. 90% of the time you select mail to delete it and the **** thing opens anyway.

The selection boxes for emails is too small. 90% of the time when selecting emails to delete or move the dang thing opens the email, losing the selections you just made. I use several email programs and only YAHOO has this quality problem. STOP OPENING EMAILS when selected. This email is a POC.

898th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. domain

Allow us to make accounts under other yahoo domains other than just the basic Yahoo.com. I lost an account with a yahoo.com.sg domain which is greatly inconveniencing me right now.

1123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. maybe you could optimize the frigging site.

not everybody has blazing fast internet to counter your bloated server generated html. i live in a VERY rural area, the only internet available is VERY slow AND expensive. it takes SEVERAL minutes for me to load any page in yahoo mail and the basic version doesn't have enough settings for me to use it.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. UNBLOCK. YOU NEED TO PUT AN UNBLOCK BUTTON NEAR EACH MAIL. I WAS GOING TO BLOCK AM FIFTY MAIL AND IT BLOCKED ALL MY IMPORTANT MAIL. BANKS, C

ALL MY MAIL IS BLOCKED. YOU NEED TO PUT AN UNBLOCK BUTTON IN THE MAIL. PLEASE I DO MY BANKING, CREDIT CARDS, & ORDERING THING. THANK YOU MARTHA BURNS MGGB_53@YAHOO.COM

1123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Turn the ******* notification OFF

Turn off notification OFF

571st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. very bad

very bad

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ******** yahoo

@Yahoo.com You literally . I hope all of you who thought the new yahoo layout was a good idea get hit by a * by and die slowly and painfully, maybe then you will realize that not every single "new idea" should be put out there. Why exactly do you have to people with things they don't want?

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spellcheck for the app.

Spellcheck for the Yshoo mail app please! It does not use a web browser so there is no spell check.

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base