How can we improve New Mail?

Very poor font choice

Very poor font choice.
1. Does not support latin extended. Those characters are shown with a substitute font
2. Difficult to read - the thin font
3. The new messages are shown with thin characters and read ones with bold characters. I find this strange
4. No control over fonts in themes and background.

35th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

dragos dordea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the new inbox very difficult to see messages. The font and organization of messages is not suitable for an old **** like me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dev worker and manager who approved New Mail font size should be executed by anti-aircraft gun Kim Jong-un style. Please increase font size so I can return my magnifying glass to its right place in the ant-burning kit.

• Michele Carroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am 62 and a thicker clearer (larger font) or the ability to change font and font size to own preference would be very helpful.

• Gerard OBrien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and what idiot decided that the default font size should be 'tiny', and that no matter how many times you change it, it reverts back to that size whenever you make a new paragraph? Do us all a favour and give us an option to revert back to the previous version - this one is an ill-thought through mess.

• Ron McG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Default font is sort of ok, but too narrow and not much contrast. Display font colors, not just in Compose, need to be changeable to allow for better contrast control. Add the fixed font Consolas for better letter number differentiation (includes slash zero).

• Susan Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to change the color of my font when sending e-mails. All I see is how to bold and increase the size. I also would like to be able to underline words in my e-mails.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base