How can we improve New Mail?

Dump unnecessary views

Get rid of Deals, Travel, Purchases, Groceries, etc and definitely get rid of all the **** pop ups

331st ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bronwen Diffner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Giedrius Daujotas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't agree more. Views is major oversight in terms of design. On most standard screen resolutions such as 1920*1024, having Views auto-expanded means you don't see Folders unless you scroll down. Which renders Folders much less usefull, as you frequently miss whatever mail comes there.

The whole idea with folders for me is about setting up filters so I can quickly spot new e-mails from certain senders, which otherwise get lost in the inbox flow of junk mail, newsletters, all sorts of Amazon shipping and dispatch notifications, etc. With Views, however, I don't see folders and I can't see if there is any new e-mail.

Why can't we have some sort of folder rank, so you can rank not just views/folders, but even move some folders just below Inbox.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, who uses that? I have to hide it EVERY TIME to access more customized folders. Either ask users whether they want it or not or hide it or not by default or place it at the bottom at the very least.

• Carrie C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES I hate this. I want to hide it permanently. I dislike not being able to control my own experience - and I hate that Yahoo is serving me up stuff they THINK I want or need and then not letting me say "NO"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to vote for closing VIEWS above MY FOLDERS permanently or at least moving it to the bottom of MY FOLDERS but Yahoo, in it's infinite wisdom, has closed all those requests.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or, at least, give us an option to turn these "features" off or remove them.

• sarah jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I hate the views. I have been using GMail and I think I may need to return, this is just irritating!

Feedback and Knowledge Base