New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eliminate the automatic tick in the 'stay signed in box' - major security risk

Have suffered unauthorised access due to this feature

1254th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can't receive email from instagram. I have to recover my account by getting code.

I can't receive email from instagram. I have to recover my account by getting confirmation code.

822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "folder share no" Was Closed A a Yahoo Small Biz issue but ts not

"folder share no" Was Closed A a Yahoo Small Biz issue but ts not

Why, The Old email Portal will work fine,

https://mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.src=ym&reason=myc#5150

Mail is Fowarwded to the Acount is only the new Yahoo email Porta that makes it a sepaate email box https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1

Lets not be so quick Yahoo Admins to toss it over to the other side of the fence, Yahoo Small Business does not control Yahoo email !!

← New Mail
    folder share no
    Folder Share from Yahoo Biz Account not longer available, My Email and name.domain.com from small biz is forward to ***********@yahoo.com now the folders…

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please stop the "news notfications" that are now popping up in lower right corner while I am looking at emails.. VERY annoying..

Need to be able to opt out of receiving the news notifications that are seen in the little bell in upper right corner of home page. They are popping up in lower right corner of my email page when viewing emails and must be deleted as each one pops up./ VERY ANNOYING!!!!

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There's too much space at the bottom of the screen.

When i have the preview pane set to bottom and i drag the middle divider up, the preview pane itself doesn't change size and i get a blank panel at the bottom. wasted space that should be used by the preview pane.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Downloading attachments

Zip file name should include the mail's subject and date instead of being "archive" only.
    e.g.
    e-mail's subject_20190214

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. why is Yahoo mail count same as inbox mail count

When several folders have unopened messages, it would help to have the total included in the Yahoo count. Currently the Yahoo mail count is equal the Input folder count.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make an option to empty/ delete a folder instead of batch deleting within the folder

Please make it so I can empty/ delete all unread emails. I don't have time to delete 8000 unread emails in groups of 50 or by endlessly scrolling.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ad free new Yahoo for those who want it and paying a small fee to get what we want

If you allow those of us who find ads abhorrent to continue using adblocker in the New Yahoo I am willing to continue to visit the new Yahoo and with each visit I will give you my thoughtful and respectful feed back.

I am a 71 year old grandmother and not only do I abhor ads in my private communication space I sincerely wish cyber space would stop changing because I only use it for study and correspondence. I do not own a TV because of the ads. I have not owned or watched a TV for over twenty years…

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ppear on my email sign in page!!!!! Most people don't read these ads, you geniuses!!!!

Get rid of all of the ads that appear on my email sign in page!!!!! Most people don't read these ads, you geniuses!!!! Yes, I know you will tell me that I can Pay to have an upgraded service but why should I??? I pay enough for my internet service.. If I am in the market to purchase something, I will purchase it; I do not depend on ads to tell me what I should buy. ALSO, what is the deal with all of the yahoo sports ads on my sign in page?? I am not one of the people…

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. as I type my email,the text gets placed above the first line, such that the reader would have to read from the bottom up.

fix mail so that the reader does not have to read my emails from the bottom up!

350th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Y'all need to bring back Yahoo chat. It's been long enough.

Y'all need to bring back Yahoo chat. It's been long enough. *** the ***.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to see a Quick Contact Yahoo Support Button in the Mail area, something that post directly to the Support area.

I would like to see a Quick Contact Yahoo Support Button in the Mail area, something that post directly to the Support area without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Large contact list maintenance support function

I have a fairly large personal contact file (700+) that is a pain to maintain and for which there are no good tools. There are two issues.
    (1) I've been a YAHOO mail user since dinosaurs roamed the earth and although I occasionally purge contacts, I still end up with >1 address for many people as they change email addresses.
    (2) There are also a few addresses that no longer work for contacts that I may not have another address for, so undeliverable. Not as big a problem as (1), but still an issue.

A solution.

A single solution via…

1254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I can't block whole domains anymore. I also can't copy an email address in my inbox. Blocking spam just got a lot harder.

I want to be able to block entire domains again. I can't even block an email now without clicking reply or forward and then copying the email address, then opening up the settings and pasting it. Then the spam email gets saved to my drafts!

167th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Yahoo mail

Crazy. My emails now print in tiny font, with the first page now a huge picture of a printer, and I can't read anything without it skipping back to the top after a few seconds.

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide the option for printing emails and email attachments in black so I don't have to use up my color ink.

Provide the option for printing emails and email attachments in black so I don't have to use my color ink.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. there is an option at the bottom of emails to allow changing the FONT and SIZE-- but it doesn't work

the font and size setting in the SETTINGS works. but the font/size option IN the EMAIL doesn't work anymore- why not? OBTW- instructions to change FONT and SIZE don't match actual screens.

1652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base