New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo mail box

I have been thinking bout the Mail Box, I wish there was a way just to group e-mails. For instance if I get emails from At&t, it would be nice to set something up to where all emails from At&t would be group together.

1743rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Larger recipient limit

Yahoo mail should allow more recipients for one email. This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Why limit it to 100? I am involved in regularly communicating with large groups of people (not spam), but the 100 recipient limit is an annoyance.

1103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'AM SO ******* MAD AT YOU, YOU JUST DELETED A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT I NEEDED TO ANSWER DAMM YOU GIVE ME MY OLD FORMAT BACK

MY IDEA IS THAT YOU NEED TO GIVE ME BACK MY OLD FORMAT YOU JUST DELETED A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT I NEED TO ANSWER AND YOU JUST UP AND DELETE IT BEFORE I COULD EVEN FINISH READING IT.

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot create sub-folders in my mailbox.

I cannot create sub-folders in my mailbox as I could before. So I created a new folder & could not move it to create a sub-folder. Please fix this

203rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accountability

Provide users with real contact information for actual Yahoo team members. Community support or answer on a help site does not provide users with someone who can be held accountable at Yahoo. Yahoo would like members to download applications and use various Yahoo products but is not wiling to provide users with real support for issues, questions or problems with those products.

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Indication in Folder to be reviewed.

When we move a mail from Inbox, Sent to the folder , it should display with the indication of Inbox and Sent with the Sender and Receiver address, whereas it displays the sender address only irrespective of Inbox or Sent moved. This is highly confusing.

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. l

more secure

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When you move a file to a folder you get an error message

When you move a file from the In Box to a folder, you get the message "Unable to move message to the selected folder" rather than "message moved to .... folder." The link must be broken because it used to respond correctly.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recent activity ip address & location and also code generator app

hi..under "recent activity" section, i would appreciate if you could also provide the ip address from which the account was accessed and also the location from which the account was accessed, also would appriciate if you have a two step verification app like gmail and outlook has (code generator app), sms password doesn't always reach on time.

1103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR NEW YAHOO, IT DELETES MESSAGES BEFORE I HAVE A CHANCE TO READ THEM

DELETES MESSAGES BEFORE I CAN READ THEM. I GO TO MOVE SOMETHING TO A FOLDER AND INSTEAD YAHOO DELETES THEM
    IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT. REALLY GETS MY BLOOD PRESSURE UP WHEN I'AM ON YAHOO.

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It will be really helpful if Yahoo comes out with a folder that can provide a list of distinct sender and count of emails from those sende

It will be really helpful if Yahoo comes out with a list specific each email users that can support with list of distinct sender and count of emails from those sender and an option to move to Spam or reinstate back to the original folders if accidently selected. This would enable for an user to make sure the email boxes are clean all time.
    Should you see that such list will impact performance you could given an option for user to trigger such request, however I would not have the patter on how many user will be trigger such request…

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. come into yahoo on one page then ask to see contact list and it takes me to another page and when I change a contact on this second page it

come into yahoo on one page then ask to see contact list and it takes me to another page and when I change a contact on this second page it is not reflected in the email names for an email I am just composing on the original page - why?

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unsubscribe

If I wish to unsubscribe to a contact's email, I will do so. It is not helpful for you to list and offer to unsubscribe a contact's email for me.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ctrl-\ to close a message

I used to heavily use ctrl-\ to close a message. Please bring it back!

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. folder

I would like to create folders as a subset of the INBOX (as I can do in Outlook). They should, at the very least, be immediately below the INBOX (rather than near the bottom of the page) because when using filters, mail goes directly into them.

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Help with unsubscribe

Add a "Do Not Show Again" selection box to that repeating 'Help with Unsubscribe' msg that continues to POP UP in Yahoo Mail.

341st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I use goodsearch as my default search engine - shouldn't I be able to get the expanded view of my email?

goodsearch is a yahoo based search engine that raises money for non profits so I should be able to use the expanded view so I can see more of my email messages

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Supply a fix for restoring side (vertical) scroll bar.

Communicate a fix to restoring the side scroll bar. I'm ready to get rid of yahoo if I cannot find an answer!

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put close all tabs link at the top of the tabs list

Please put the Close All Tabs link at the TOP of the tabs list. When I want to close all tabs, that means I have many tabs open, so it's ridiculous to make me scroll to the bottom. Yes, I can "Up Arrow" my way to the bottom, but that's counterintuitive and an extra step.

1103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base