New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The New Yahoo email is not efficient in attach/share large file compare to classic yahoo mail.

Classic yahoo mail is the best. Do not keep asking change to new yahoo mail since there is no option for attach large files. Please update the new yahoo mail ASAP to have an option for attach/share large files from cloud providers.

514th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link email to calender

There should be a way to link emails to the calender, with a right click. Suppose you receive an email with a task to be complete at a certain time, you should be able to right-click on that email, open the calendar add the email/task should be inserted to the calendar with a notification. As it stands now you need to manually copy and paste the task, which troublesome.

763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ME

In our business email, we have 3 email addresses all going into one box. WE CANNOT HAVE ALL OF THEM CALLED ME !!!! They need to show the sender's name! Everybody knows their name, they don't need to see ME to know it is their email. This has been done before, corrected, and now here it is again. DO NOT TRY TO MIMIC THE PHONES! Email should work efficiently also on computers.

641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SORT DEFECT

SORT IT. No possibility of deleting or amending contacts

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Conversations Options - Single & Threaded

If we can have the option - while composing a fresh email - Threaded - Single (Non Threaded).
    emailers would not heavy mails unnecessary!
    Reduces space !

1465th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DisposableEmailAddresses

Hi, I have been using 'Disposable Email Addresses' feature within my Yahoo mail account for many years. In fact, that is the #1 reason why I continue to make Yahoo my primary email account. For the past 10+ hours, mails sent to any of my Disposable Addresses are bouncing back to sender with error message [554: delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found - mta4461.mail.ne1.yahoo.com]. My main email account itself is working OK so I'm sure that my Yahoo user account has NOT been suspended. Please fix the Disposable Email Addresses issues quickly because…

1246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DISAPPEARING EMAILS!!

For five days now new emails are disappearing within minutes of arriving. I changed my password, no difference. The only ones that remain are the ones from Yahoo. Please fix this!

1820th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please make it possible to send old-fashioned plain text email without fighting for it every step of the way!

(This forum tells me to vote for an old idea instead of posting my own, but all of the ones I want to vote for are closed for comments and therefore unvoteable. Therefore, here goes another duplicate.)

Since copy and paste is disabled in plain text mode for some supremely asinine reason, composing a plain text email in Yahoo is an exercise in frustration. The only thing worse is composing a non-plain-text email, where it constantly re-interprets what you're trying to do, moving the cursor willy-nilly to the end of the line, inserting graphics that it refuses to then remove,…

433rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. scroll position

Recently, when using the web version, I'm seeing the scroll position preserved when I click from one message to the next. Please restore the old, correct behavior of loading each message at the top. If I scroll to the bottom of one message, that certainly doesn't mean that I want to begin the next message scrolled to the bottom. I always want to start at the top.

1465th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. how can I make the pictures in my email visible?>

Yahoo sucks !
    how can I make the pictures in my email visible?>

795th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mobile app does not have calender or contact list

Hello All,
    The mobile app for Yahoo mail does not have or at least I could not find the calendar or contact list. As such I cannot synchronize the data from Yahoo on my laptop to my phone. All available workarounds are tedious to use leading to errors.
    Is there is fix for this issue.

Regards

1246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No mail count on folders, and empty folder videos .... UGGG!

PLEASE.. If you are going to stuff this new format down our throats, as LEAST put the number of Emails in each folder NEXT to the folder. I'm tired of guessing., Also, DUMP the videos for the empty folders. If I want to watch something, I go to You-tube. Please quit shoving stuff at us.. Its ONLY serves to **** us off more, and go elsewhere.

LESS IS REALLY MORE~!

1074th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GIVE US THE CHOICE TO USE THIS "NEW' VERSION...STOP FORCING US!!!

NO ONE WANTS THIS NEW VERSION....it was fine before you FORCED us to change...with this new , its not "BETTER" as MOST USERS AGREE. With this new ****, I cant even see the entire name for my folders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

837th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO MY CONTACTS? STOP ******* WITH THINGS...WORKED GOOD THE WAY IT WAS SET UP..

WHAT THE HAPPENED TO MY CONTACTS? STOP *** WITH THINGS...WORKED GOOD THE WAY IT WAS SET UP.

1074th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. You've caused me to waste a ton of my time and have gotten me VERY ANGRY!!!!!

I was going to send an email to multiple contacts, but I can't see my list of Contacts when I click the "To" line. I'm so ANGRY now, I don't feel like
    sending it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1074th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Classic Mail ISN'T BROKEN!!!!!! Stop trying to "FIX" it!!!!! STOP FORCING ME TO USE A FORMAT I HATE!!!!!!

When sending an email to multiple contacts, I click on the "To" line, and a list of my contacts used to come up. It doesn't any more!!! WHERE IS IT???!!!!!

972nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. (homepage)STOP CHANGING THINGS >>you BROKE THE HOMEPAGE! "my location" and "My horoscope" WILL NOT STICK & STAY AFTER I REFRESH THE PAGE! X(

STOP CHANGING THINGS >>you BROKE THE HOMEPAGE! "my location" and "My horoscope (Virgo)" WILL NOT STICK-&-STAY AFTER I REFRESH THE PAGE! X(

2593rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT. [AND IF NOT, YOU SHOULD REMOVE THOSE SETTINGS (WHEN IN LIST MODE) TO THE TOP OR TO THE RIGHT, LIKE IN OLD FORMAT

BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT. [AND IF NOT, YOU SHOULD REMOVE THOSE "SETTINGS" (THAT ARE TAKING UP SPACE UNNECESSARILY, WHEN IN "LIST MODE") AND PUT THEM AT THE TOP OR TO THE RIGHT, LIKE IN THE OLD FORMAT.]

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. print a calendar list

print a calendar list
    This was submitted and reviewed before, and no longer accepts votes, but there is still no way to print, or display a complete list of calendar events beyond what fits on a single short page.

2593rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base