New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add another yahoo mailbox

So I am trying to add another yahoo mailbox. It says I can add another google, outlook, aol email or another yahoo email but when I press to add another mailbox it only let me choose from google, outlook or aol and if I press other it says "Your email provider is not supported yet. We will email you when it becomes available." But I am trying to add yahoo account. Please fix !

288th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Colors

Please put in some light, soft colors. What you have now is too intense and dark. Can't you put in a variety and please everyone? At one time, you had more choices. Please give us more options.

1035th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stationery

It's EASTER and there's no change in your stationery reflecting this time of the Season.

Your staff should be more attuned to such seasonal changes inclusive of a nice selection.

Thanks for the past selections with hopes that the future will resonate with up-to-date selections!

1392nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Printing

Add the print icon on the navigation bar. I don't like to have to return to the top of the email in order to print it -- some are too long to see the icon without returning to the top.

86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  58 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. selection boxes next to emails are too faint

the selection boxes next to emails in the inbox are so faint that they're difficult to see, so the cursor ends up outside of the box when selecting emails to delete; then you're taken to the email you were trying to delete, and when you go back to inbox, you have to re-select all of those emails. There is no way to increase this box contrast.

1171st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically populate BCC or bcc field with my mail address so I always get a copy

I want the Yahoo email program to automatically populate the BCC: or bcc: field with my email address so that I always get a copy of what is sent out.

950th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filters

Would it be possible to create a filter system that can look for multiple pieces of the same type of criteria? For example, more than one email address, or more than one word in the subject?

544th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Trash" folder

Do not automatically delete emails in the "Trash" folder!

950th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Artsy Fartsy Icons you put in front of my contacts list for cc,bcc or forward: How do I get rid of those. Totally annoying and distracting

Artsy Fartsy Icons you put in front of my contacts list for cc,bcc or forward: How do I get rid of those. Totally annoying and distracting.
    Slows me down. Totally useless ****.

1035th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bubbles are still in the way when replying. Are you going to fix this, please?

Bubbles are still in the way when replying. Are you going to fix this, please?

2357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Put the trash icon back where it was. It's harder to use now.

Put the trash icon back where it was. It's harder to use now.

2357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto generated card visible only to you - instructions needed. Current help and instructions are inaccurate.

Auto generated card has wrong info showing and in the past I could change it by clicking on the 3 dots on the card. Those dots are gone and instructions for changing the information are inaccurate. Would love current instructions available.

1171st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Personalizating options for visually challenged.

Background options for the visually challenged, which include BLACK/darker text for folders, inbox, etc., with light toned, not bright white backgrounds. The eyes struggle with white ones. To bright! Right now the options do not offer this in settings, for personalizing. The old inbox did. I could have a non-white background and still have dark text. This is exactly why I refused to click the change to new option. I knew I'd lose what worked so well. Judging by other posts, I'm far from alone on this issue. The question is, will Yahoo care and accommodate these needs? I'm sure…

2357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I just want attach from cloud

I just want 1 changes from yahoo, switch on attach from cloud option

2357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unread

Unread messages sent to other folders than Inbox are not counted. I have quite a number of folders, and I need them. It's a real pain to have to check the whole list each time.
    Seriously, this is NOT an UPgrade, but a DOWNgrade.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically delete spam

I would like to see spam deleted automatically once every 7 days,. The volume that would accumulate over 30 days would be in the hundreds of emails.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. attachments

When forwarding emails with multiple attachments, I get an error saying that "we encountered a problem and cannot send," or something to that effect. Saved as a draft and then resent and it goes out immediately.

Also, composing emails with multiple .zip files never finishing uploading. You just continue to see the spinning widget over the file. Prior version with progress bar was much better.

Finally, when receiving an email with multiple attachments you could click the "download all attachments as zip file" link. Now when i click it, nothing happens.

Lots of little bugs in this new version. After…

193rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "TAG" email?

Can you make it possible to "TAG" email? not just folder it.- But have word/topic tags for search ? On FB they made an option for post saves to be tagged by topic type...I REALLY helps tracking those posts in folders

1392nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spam button is next to Mark as unread. 'WAY too easy if one is in a hurry to hit Spam instead of sub-menu for Mark as unread

Spam button is next to Mark as Unread sub-menu. 'WAY too easy if one is in a hurry to hit Spam instead of sub-menu for Mark as Unread. This has caused untold angst and anguish for me. Make Spam button harder to accidentally hit (different size; different color; requires right click or double click; asks you if you're SURE you want to Mark as Spam) and MOVE IT ELSEWHERE so it's not so easy to mistakenly choose AND it's not so close to a much-more-frequently-used sub-menu. Spam is a nuclear option. You should have to REALLY MEAN IT to use…

3955th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base