New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easy to find Mail Forward Option.

I have friends that use another Email provider, that had their Email hacked. The hacker changed options to have the victims Emails forwarded to the hackers address. There the hacker would alter the bank details to their own on any invoices received. Then re-sent invoice to the victim. I have tried checking my Yahoo option on forwarding, but can not find it. (if one exists) For security reasons, please make such options very easy to find / view/ check. Thanks

1473rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow drag and drop of images directly to attachments. They now end up as in-line images. Thank you

Please allow drag and drop of images directly to attachments. They now end up as in-line images. Thank you

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please get rid of the auto "business card" drop down when viewing an email.

Please get rid of the auto "business card" drop down when viewing an email.

1250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Advertising

Hello,

Using email via the website is an atrocious experience with all the advertising banners and ads masquerading as real inbox emails. I'm in disbelief as how this is even tolerable given the competition of Microsoft and Google. Fix the situation right now before you bleed all your subscribers. Remove the ads!

424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update security and privacy to block email domain

So far I have blocked 400+ spam email ids, all are from same domain. But the domain cannot be blocked. Bring update soon so that no more spammers can enter mailbox.

424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For Opening A Yahoo Mail Account - Make Identity Proof Compulsory

For Opening A Yahoo Mail Account - Make Identity Proof any one, two of Driving License, Passport, Compulsory.
    For Each Country you can use their Identity Proof Documents like for Indian for many other services we use - Driving License, Passport, Electricity Bill, Voter Cards, Aadhar Card, Pan Card
    By this Fake users will be eliminated.

2601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. get rid of the ads that keep popping up, I hate th distraction, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM

get rid of the ads that keep popping up, I hate th distraction, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM

597th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want more color choices.

I want more color choices and lighter choices.

1250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please put the Archive,Move,Delete,and Spam functions back over to the left of the bar.

Please put the Archive,Move,Delete,and Spam functions back over to the left of the bar, as that is where I think people naturally go for these functions because their cursor is mostly over the left two columns. I do not use reply or forward that much, so I wouldn't mind that being to the right of the other functions. Thank you.

1074th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Themes and Backgrounds

Please add more themes and backgrounds. The themes you have are few, and very dark. Please

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Signature not showing up on emails!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous!!! I want my old mail back

My signature is no longer showing up when I generate an email from inside another email, for example if I click on an address. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. ALL OF THIS MAIL IS A BIG PROBLEM. THE ONLY WAY MY SIGNATURE WILL SHOW UP IS IF I CLICK COMPOSE. MY SIGNATURE SHOULD SHOW UP WITH EVERY NEW EMAIL LIKE IT DID BEFORE.
    THE NEW MAIL IS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

1473rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How does mail change all on its own?????!!!!!!

Dislike almost everything about this version-- which I didn't choose. Print is waaaaaayyy too small. How to get back to old version with print I can actually read??????

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. DECLUTTER THE EMAIL PAGE

DECLUTTER PLEASE
    Eliminate the useless eg; dotted lines around the emails, the initials in silly circles, the promise that we can return to basic by clicking "more settings" then "more settings" since this is not true. Very frustrated with the format.

1250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why I can't move folders?

Don't you need to move folders and sub-folders?

For an unexplainable reason, Yahoo Mail doesn't let us do so.

Any plans to fix it?

837th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please make it easier to find informations on how to witelist contacts emailaddresses.

I would prefer if whitelisting would be connected right to the button that is showing all my contacts. By now its very hard to find informations on how to whitelist or even hard to manage the whitelisting.

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. spam

stop storing the spam email addresses in the people tab. I do not know anyone from the spam folder and its annoying to see all these people I do not know

1074th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. STOP WITH ALL THE LEFTIST DEMOCRATIC PROPAGANDA !!

STOP WITH ALL THE LEFTIST DEMOCRATIC PROPAGANDA !!
    I'm sick of all the MSN and CNBC **** and lies. If you can't post or run positive things about our President or Conservatives don't run anything at all. You're running lies doesn't change the actual truth!.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base