New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. By making the right side advertising section a little more narrow.

Give Feedback is flicking and so I give feedback and it keeps flicking. Turn the flicking give feedback sign on the lowerl eft off please.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return of the 'Move Folder' - waaaahhhhhhaaaat happened?

Today, 7/3, I noticed I can no longer move Subfolders? Waaahhhhaaaaaa, waaaaat happened guys & gals? Maybe y'all are fixing or changing something else and the move folder got forgotten. Please bring it back. Thanx much. JC

383rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text is too dim

The text is too dim no matter the color theme.

228th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot rearrange user folders

User folders are arranged alphabetically and drag-drop to rearrange them is not working. Would also want option to move folders main node above views

358th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Doesn't work with Chromium

Tried it with Linux Chromium. Emails have 200 lines of gibberish code in them when I forward or respond to an email. Going back to basic mail makes no difference, no selection for reverting back. A page popped up and said I had to update my browser, I chose no and to continue with yahoo classic mail, but it looks and acts very differently. It doesn't revert to classic or basic or anything. Now I have to install firefox just to compose emails properly (installing last stable version of Chrome didn't work on my system). So Chromium maybe needs to…

267th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How can I get back to the old one? I don't like how I view photos on my email. Before I could download or just view them in a larger forma

As stated above, I don't like how I can view the photos that are sent to me on my e-mails. Now they can only be downloaded. I liked the old format where I can view them larger first.
    How can I get back to my old email?

263rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow wider width for preview pane permanently

I regularly use a large monitor with the resolution of 2560x1440, it would be great to take advantage of the space and allow for a wider width for the preview pane as it feels a bit cramped at the moment. I know you can expand the pane but then it collapses as soon as you view another email. I'm guessing it's to fit in ads which is fine but for large monitors there is plenty of space to fit everything.

325th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem with right-to-left languages

Persian (Farsi) is a right-to-left language and must be right-justified. But all conversations are left-justified by defaults. This problem was solved in gmail a long time ago.

245th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Folder Favorites and Sorting

In a case where there are many folders, it would be best to favorite a folder and move it to the top. My most frequently used folder is far down alphabetically; thus, not workflow friendly.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "undo" option for accidental email send.

What happens to the "undo" option after hitting the "Send" button accidentally? Bring it back please

284th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 353rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Closing original email after replying or forwarding automatically

I want my original email to close automatically after replying or forwarding any email message.

420th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please ease right to left writing.

In the first use of the new system I was disappointed since many of my composed emails are written in Persian which needs right to left writing. I gmail, the composer nicely detects the language and automatically change to right to left when I write in Persian. Previous version of Yahoo composer was better that the new one for this need.

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. rules and forwarding

Allow forwarding certain emails based on defined rules / filters: nowadays one can only forward ALL emails to 1 address and that's really poor functionality - I'm actually considering switching to GMail for this reason alone.
    Thank you

364th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove 'Me' from all messages and lists

I do not want to see 'me' anywhere in the application but, instead, my true e-mail address. This took 1000s of complaints and months of work when Yahoo! Mail moved to the last version to restore and, somehow, it is back again. 'Me' should never be displayed anywhere within the site - only the true e-mail addresses of the sender and recipient.

417th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Yahoo Calendar should not link to a new page!

Love yahoo calendar, except that it now links out to a new page. Also, please give the calendar NATIVE android calendar sync. Just like when I use an iphone, it just works. On android, I need to download a separate app - SolCalendar - because it supports CalDAV. Most users are not this saavy and the integration is clunky. Please update your protocol to natively integrate with stock android calendar.

341st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a way to not show email in Preview Pane

I use the preview pane, but often times I like to leave it opened up after reading emails without showing any email in the preview pane. Previously I'd click the refresh button to force the currently showing preview email to not show. This helps with having my email open and not showing emails to people walking by.

396th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. pop ups in email page

Pop Up adds ---Again!!!! Please stop with the pop ads. I absolutely HATE it and if it continues, I will find other email options.

2697th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. gooby pls

gooby pls?????

2697th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Anhänge ausdrucken ohne sie herunterzuladen

Ich würde Anhänge gerne ausdrucken ohne sie vorher herunterladen zu müssen. Oftmals benötige ich ausschließlich den Ausdruck und nicht die zugehörige Datei auf meinem PC/Tablet/Smartphone.

2697th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base