New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. #New Mail Format-reinstate the feature of "highlight and drag".

New Mail Format-reinstate the feature of "highlight and drag". WHY would you remove this feature? I thought NEW should mean improved. I do not like this new format please let me go back to the old.

2466th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when addressing emails contact list displays only 2 or 3 contacts while old version displayed 5 or 6. Can't expand window to display more.

Previous version displayed 5-6 contacts at a time to choose from while addressing emails. This displays only 2-3 at a time. Unable to expand window to display more. Very slow, time consuming, cumbersome and frustrating!

1437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The "search" feature returns "nothing to see here" although on the right side it shows clearly that you have exchanged emails

Fix the "search" function for finding emails from a certain contact. It returns "nothing to see here" although it shows on the right side of the screen that we clearly have exchanged multiple emails. And I'm not referring to deleted emails. It won't even find emails that are currently sitting in my inbox!

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 730th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. contacts

I send out mass emails. I am always taken back to the old Yahoo. Why is this? Please set it all up so that we can go to our contacts on the new Yahoo.

61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  40 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back alias second email address for same Yahoo ID

In Yahoo ID mail settings, there is no longer an option to set up an extra (alias) email address for my existing Yahoo ID.

Therefore, can you please setup an extra (alias) email address for my Yahoo ID or advise me how I can do it myself.

I have contact Support and all they say, that the current version of product does not support this feature.

The current does support this feature as before.

So enable this feature again or prepare to loose the long-term customer to another better mail service provider.

964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What happened to the search email choices for "subject" and "sender"? Is less robust the new thing?

What happened to the search email choices for "subject" and "sender"? Is less robust the new thing?

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I prefer a light background with BLACK ink.

My 62 year old eyes don't want to deal with white font. Please have at least 1 choice with a black font.

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR NEW YAHOO, IT DELETES MESSAGES BEFORE I HAVE A CHANCE TO READ THEM

DELETES MESSAGES BEFORE I CAN READ THEM. I GO TO MOVE SOMETHING TO A FOLDER AND INSTEAD YAHOO DELETES THEM
    IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT. REALLY GETS MY BLOOD PRESSURE UP WHEN I'AM ON YAHOO.

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offer a setting to disable the search link in mailbox view

I hate the dynamically appearing search shortcut between the subject and the preview in mailbox view. It's not there when I move the pointer to click on a message to read it, then it appears just as I click and I don't get to the message.

Make the link permanent, get rid of it, or offer a setting so I don't have to see it, please. It's a terrible user experience to click on a message in the mailbox and not have the message open.

4331st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Inline images don't work in new mail

Classic mail allowed me to insert inline images into emails, putting them exactly where I wanted between blocks of text.

Why does this function not work in new mail? Please bring back classic.

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. calendar icon

calendar icon on right side should show the correct date like the old Yahoo Mail did

1437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. printing

It's handy having a print icon on the e-mail but it puts a box around the text and won't print everything on the right hand side unless I reduce the scale to 75%. This always used to work before the update.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dialogue boxes for *everything*

Please remove the pop up dialogue box that shows up for every tiny thing that is clickable. I can't read my emails because it keeps flickering on every time my mouse passes over something. Ie: I pass over a check box and I get a little yellow dialogue tag that says "Checkbox, unchecked".

Browser is opera. None of the other websites I'm on do this, and my old yahoo email didn't do this.

964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Number of unread emails in a folder says "999+". Useless!

I rely on knowing the number of unread emails in a folder. Now it says "999+". This is useless to me. Please reset it the way it was -- an a

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. replyto

Please allow replyto field to be set when sending emails fromThunderbird on PC and also web client. I would like to be able to set replyto per email and not have to have reply to address set in yahoo mail settings. I used to be able to do this when using yahoo email, but now seems to be blocked.

2466th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GIVE US BACK THE OLD MAIL. I HATE THE RED ALARM NOTICE!!!

DO NOT LIKE THE "RED ALERT SIGN" WHEN I AM DELETING A MESSAGE. MAKES ME FEEL THERE'S A VIRUS!
    WHY DO YOU WANT TO SCARE US????
    ALSO, THERE IS NO OLD MAIL ANYMORE.. IT IS NOT THE SAME AT ALL. BOTH ARE HORRID!!!

2466th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. give me the option to turn off travel details

It takes up 1/3 of my screen with information that I don't need

2466th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base