How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Dynasty/Keeper support: rookie draft, open year round, etc.

Implement the features that myfantasyleague.com has that prevent us from running a legit dynasty league: open year round, ability to have a rookie draft after the NFL draft, ability to trade draft picks and players during the draft. If there's an increased cost associated with keeping leagues open all year, maybe offer a premium feature that you pay for.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

218 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Earl Duplassie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has already been suggested but I want to state it too. Keeper leagues need the ability to trade players and draft picks in the offseason. That's the point of a keeper league.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep it open so teams can trade in the offseason.. ascommisioner I have to write down every offseason trade and everybody has to wait until our offline draft before sending the trades out individually.., my league is pretty active and we usually have 15-20 offseason trades

• Dcat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After begging Yahoo to keep the site open for post season trades and the like, we've decided to move our three keeper/dynasty leagues to another host. I mean this thread has been around in various forms for over 5 years now. Face it people: Yahoo isn't going to change anything to acommodate keeper/dynasty leagues. They just don't care. Either that or they are totally inept at making simple changes. Regardless, we've waited long enough. We are gone. When it comes to providing quality customer service, Yahoo really is inferior to almost all the other fantasy sites.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As commish of my league, I NEED this feature as well. Once Yahoo closes down their site, we are no longer able to make trades for draft picks amongst other off season moves we perform. I do not enjoy keeping track of this by hand, and need to have the site open all year round to implement many of the offseason moves.
    There must be a way to keep these leagues active year round, and shut down for regular maintenance at opportune times only.

• Daniel sellers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are considering switching my big money league that I am commish of to a dynasty league, and I have been on Yahoo playing fantasy for at least 15 years. It is apparent by the comments that for us to go dynasty with the least amount of headache we will have to switch to another site.

Please make this happen as I am a loyal Yahoo fan!

• Justin Oldfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also a keeper calculator feature would be great especially for Auction draft leagues. Allowing in the commissioner tools to have "keeper settings" where it has a "keeper Premium" section that allows you to input the year to year costs associated with keeping a player (allowing you to put in different costs if player is kept for multiple seasons i.e (year 1+$5, year 2 + $3, year 3-9999 +$2 (all relative to previous years keeper cost)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could give this all my votes:

1. Year round access
    2. Trading picks *before* the initial draft and during all drafts
    3. Taxi roster spots
    4. Multi-Team trades
    5. Larger rosters
    6. No lock on transactions except by commissioner action

• Matthew Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Supplemental Draft for rookies is super important for dynasty. Have the option to remove all rookies from the regular draft and have a separate rookie draft with customization on rounds.

Rookie Bench spots is also something that is needed. Come on yahoo!! make it happen!!

• John Lanier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - this is VERY much needed. We've been tracking trades offline all year, it is becoming quite cumbersome

to continue from the post below... in a keeper league, a trade was just made (May 26th) Of course, the trade could not be offered and accepted on Yahoo, so it was done by private email between the parties. Commish tries to use Commish's adjust teams/roster function and get this result:

The league has not drafted. You cannot make this action. (Error #156)
    The league has not drafted. You cannot make this action. (Error #156)

Frankly, this is beyond stupid. Of course the commish should be allowed to move the players. In fact, the ordianry trade functionality should remain open to allow the teams to make the trade upon commissioner approval just like after the draft and during the season. I fail to understand why Yahoo doesn't get this. It's not that complicated. Yahoo is so behind the times. Well, I guess you get what you pay for. Which in Yahoo's case is nothing. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hey Yahoo Administrators... how about it? Or do you want to keep Yahoo in the dark ages? And just why is Yahoo so damned stupid? It's like a bunch of children are runnig the show.

it is so damned frustrating that our keeper leagues and dynasty leagues can't make trades or do anything until after our draft in late August. It's ridiculous and pathetic. Commish has to track everything on a spread sheet, and even he has no power to move players from one team to another until after the draft. Yahoo is so behind the times and utterly incompetent when it comes to keeper and dynasty format. Geez... how many years does it take for Yahoo to wake up and see what people want.

• joe anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo is great, except for dynasty leagues.

Needs: year round support, larger benches, better draft pick trading, in-draft trading

• Rodney Cressionnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoping that this happens VERY SOON... I have been playing on yahoo since 2001 and just started a dynasty league this year. We did it through Yahoo hoping that I could manipulate the setup to accommodate the necessities, but it's quickly becoming apparent that we will not be able to. If this is not setup soon, I will have to move the league to another site, but I really like having all of my leagues in one place.

• Ed Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've commented on this before, it what is the reason, Yahoo does not begin tracking transactions as soon as we register the league?

When I reregister, and I have a full complement of owners, we should be able to begin league business. Not where I have to keep track of deals and guys forgetting who traded whom.

• Joshua Herman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need taxi squad/development bench!! A separate bench where we can draft rookies and keep them safe, without counting against bench, for development.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1000% agree I'm in dynasty leagues threw yahoo and practice taxi spots are an awesome idea

• Samuel Haworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After the season ends, the Record book for becomes unavailable. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me since the league standings and other information about league history remains available for review all year. Records for various things done over the length of the season are only actually set at the end of the year, so you only have a short window to gloat. A record setting performance should be something you can enjoy for the whole off-season.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base