Update draft interface
Subject: Yahoo Fantasy Draft Interface Caused an Unintended #1 Pick
Hello Yahoo Fantasy Sports Team,
I’m writing to report a frustrating problem with the draft interface in the Yahoo Fantasy Sports iPhone app.
I had the #1 overall pick and, before the draft began, I was reviewing players and tapping the star button on the left side of each player’s row to mark players I wanted to watch.
When the draft began and it became my turn, the star button was replaced by the purple “Draft” button in the same location. I was in the process of tapping the star next to Josh Allen when the screen changed, so the tap I intended to use to star him instead drafted him with my #1 pick.
I have screenshots that clearly show the problem: before my turn, that location contains a star; when my turn begins, it becomes the Draft button.
A harmless “favorite” button should not suddenly become an irreversible “Draft” button underneath a user’s finger. The Draft button should be in a different location or require confirmation before making a selection.
Thankfully, Josh Allen is a great player, but he was not who I intended to select #1 overall.
To add insult to injury, Yahoo then gave my draft an F, projected my team to go 0–14, and criticized my “strategy of picking Josh Allen at the top.”
That wasn’t my strategy — Yahoo’s interface caused the pick.
Please forward this feedback to the team responsible for the Yahoo Fantasy draft interface. This design should be changed so another user doesn’t lose an important draft pick the same way, I have screen shots if you need to see what I experienced, I am not able to add the photos in this forum, so that is something else you could update. .
Thank you,
Hi Debbie,
Thanks for your feedback.
We will pass along your feedback to our product team.
Thanks,
Product Support