Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dropped Passes

Most leagues take points away for fumbles. It would be interesting and fun to have a stat category that allows for points to be taken away if a player drops a pass.

316th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. there should be a way to have Team QB's in yahoo fantasy rather than just individual QB's.

when your quarterback goes down in the first quarter you should be able to get your backup qb's points. this doesnt change the dynamic of drafting a cam newton. its the same thing just gives everyone a fair chance week to week when a qb goes down.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please enter a weekly high score option for cash leagues

Doesn't have to be paid out weekly but would be nice to have more options to win other than season overall points.

274th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing pre-draft rankings is very cumbersome.

#1 Please add a search function for player names.
    #2 Please exclude players already on rosters - for keeper leagues

32nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to commission/manage leagues you don't play in

Background - I have been managing my league using Yahoo for the past 6 years. In that time, the demand to be in my league became so popular amongst friends & coworkers (mainly because there's a trophy) that I eventually expanded into 2 12-man leagues (A & B). Unique Rules: You can only win the trophy in League A. The teams to make the playoffs (top 6 teams) in League B move into League A next season. The teams that don't make the playoffs (bottom 6) in League A drop down into League B next season.
    Main Point - Since…

79th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Draft Team RBs like Team Defenses

Draft Team RBs like Team Defenses. RBBC is so common now it makes sense to draft them that way. Can this option be added for this season?

480th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stat Tracker With Chat 2010 and Stat Tracker Without Chat 2016

Stat Tracker Chat Feature- I know it was around in 2010 and I'm guessing the reason Yahoo! got rid of it was because they couldn't moderate the chats. If anyone remembers it was one of the best features of stat tracker because everyone in the league could participate in a live chat. I've always wondered why Yahoo! got rid of it, Smack Talk was a weak replacement. C'mon Yahoo!, what gives?

40th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lock bench players who have already played

Block any team owner from dropping a player that has played, regardless of whether they are in their active line up or on their bench. The owner in my match up did not set his lineup before the games started. After the Sunday night game when he saw that he had a chance to win if he had set his lineup correctly, he dropped two players from his bench that had already played on Sunday to add two players in the Monday night game. Now he stands a very good chance to get the win. Whereas, before he was going…

79th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Franchise tag

We have a Keeper league, but this year have added a 2 year max Franchise Tag designation.

Is there anyway to add an 'F' along with the 'K' designation to distinguish these two?

Also, since most use pads or phones, and there's no way to hover over the 'K', is there an easy way to determine Keeper value?

Thanks and you guys CONTINUE to do a GREAT job?

589th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A more exciting type of Points League

The Points scoring format could so much better than it is. I have an idea for a truly great alternative to H2H formats.

It's very similar to the Roto format from fantasy basketball. Instead of H2H matchups, everyone is fighting to be the top scorer every week against everyone else, but you get points based on where you ranked that week. For example, in a 10 team league the highest scorer gets 10 points, 2nd highest gets 9, 3rd highest gets 8, etc. Lowest scorer in a given week gets 1 point. These points determine league standings.

Overall fantasy totals…

136th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. extend season through the Superbowl in non-head to head leagues

In non-head to head football leagues, allow the season to run through the superbowl, this would add the challenge of choosing players with playoff potential and create a playoff season waiver rush.

892nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prioritize FAAB Transactions (not completed!)

This issue was already reported and marked as COMPLETED but is still a problem. Thank you user Mike (https://yahoo.uservoice.com/users/38597922-mike) for the excellent description of the issue.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206158-fantasy-football/suggestions/9002020-prioritize-faab-transactions

"Yahoo, you need to enable owners to prioritize their FAAB transactions. Your current setup of processing an owner's highest bid over their lowest bid is an egregious mistake.

Take the following example:
    Owner A wants to drop Adrian Peterson for Matt Asiata with a bid of $8.
    Owner A also wants to drop Adrian Peterson for Jerick McKinnon with a bid of $2.

Let's say Owner A would actually prefer the…

117th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please allow more than 25 players listed per page !!!!

Maybe you can expand to 50 or 100 players, so we don't have to click next so often.

24th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I do what's called Manager Efficiency Rating -- a percentage of points scored versus the points you could have scored with the right players

I do what's called Manager Efficiency Rating -- a percentage of points scored versus the points you could have scored if you had the "right" players in your lineup (the optimal). I also do what's called Strength of Team, which is simply a sum of a team's optimal points. With these two measures, you can analyze who has been good at inserting the right players into their lineups and whose team has had potential, but the manager can't get it right in terms of their lineup. It can identify who has been doing well despite not having the pieces on…

127th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Additional Roster Positions

In order to keep Special Teams relevant, I propose adding two positions:

KR = Kick Returner
    PR = Punt Returner

Each NFL team designate a player, usually a wide receiver, slotted on its special team roster. Adding the above two roster positions will allow leagues to utilize the return yards and the return touchdowns into their grand scheme of their football strategy.

The above will provide a valuable option for league owners, whereas, some wide receivers and runnings backs may be on the low end of their respective depth chart, but may be on the top end of the special…

368th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Roster minimums by position

PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS!!!!!!!!

In very deep leagues (16 teams like mine), quality players are hard to come by on waivers. Would like a rule requiring a configurable minimum of each position on the roster at once. This will prevent people from picking up a couple extra players and waiting until saturday to drop them for a Kicker, Defense, etc; the players dropped are now on waivers and unable to be picked up by anyone else.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the Team Log Sortable

The team log could be a valuable tool if it was sortable and showed fantasy points rather than just raw stats. This seems odd considering every other table of players in yahoo fantasy is sortable in some way except for the team log. There is also an issue with columns being aligned on that page which could be easily fixed.

209th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I really like the passing and rushing yards standings. how about showing Defense standings

I really like the passing and rushing yards standings. how about showing Defense standings

171st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Power Rankings

I think our current power rankings stink. I have no idea what it means. I think it has something to do with projected future points, but your guess is as good as mine. And what does this ranking really tell us about being a manager? We should be ranking teams on the decisions that were made at the draft, on game day and all throughout the season? The standings and points scored only go so far, we can go deeper. We can see exactly how great teams were built and where other teams blew it. How lucky a team got,…

192nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For your defaul league create a flex position and drop the number of Wr's to 2 from 3.

Yahoo really needs to drop the 3rd WR position and make it a flex. Players would be free to utilize a WR, RB or TE for this role. This would bring the Yahoo experience close to the ESPN format which has been so popular over the years.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base