Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Weekly waiver wire glitch.

The waiver period ends each Tuesday nite at precisely 11.59pm - but the waivers are not filled for another hour or two - and we have some owners who have figured out that the free agent players are all available to pick up in that time dead space. Please fix that by keeping all the players on waivers until the computer actually fills the waiver requests.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Copy and pasting photos into a message no longer works

I post weekly "Player of the Week" messages. I would normally copy and paste photos of GIFs into the message to make it more entertaining but now all that pops up is "Image result" or the URL for the image.

Half the time when I post messages they don't show up on the message board either. Other players get an email notification of my message but it doesn't show up on the board.

Please straighten this out ASAP.

105th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Tyreek Hill WR/RB

Tyreek Hill should be heavily considered to have his position be WR/RB based on the amount of time he lines up in the backfield in addition to his actual touches.

91st ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Total Points needs more value

As the commissioner of my league for the last five years I am constantly looking to improve our league to make it more competitive and more fun. I believe that win loss record should not be the only way to determine playoff seedings, and league standings. Points For is the best indicator to show how well the team is done not Just win loss. I would like to see Yahoo To allow customized playoff seeding by allowing the commissioner to rank teams according to their total points for. It a 10 man league I would propose that three playoff seeding…

86th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Every Team Plays Every Team Every Week

In Yahoo's review of each week's game, Yahoo reports "If this team had played every team each week, its record would be ..."
            That's interesting to read.
            It would also be fun to play.
            Just move it from the weekly review to the league's standings.
            Then sit back and think about how much CPU and data storage is saved by not having to generate and store a league schedule for every league.

67th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Dear anyone who is responsible /or should be/ for this issue,

Dear anyone who is responsible /or should be/ for this issue,

First of all, I write here because this topic is the closest to my question. Unbelievable that there isn't a place to ask your questions about a specified topic...

I am very surprised about the new look and design of the yahoo premier league sport site. Simply: I don't understand what happened!?!?!?!?!!! The new design is... terrible, I'm sorry to say this but it is true! Everybody shares this opinion around me and probably I am the most surprised! The previous version/design was much much more better, that was…

105th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Suggestions

Dear Customer Service,

My suggestion is creating a system that detects inactive participants. It is unfair when someone quits and they have great players on their team and no one has access to them. Can they be automatically dropped in the waiver wire so they can be picked up? It would also be great to be able to have the QB and his backup automatically added to a roster so when you lose yours at the last minute you get the back up to step in. Lastly during the playoffs a new draft inclusive of the players non-playoff participants have…

105th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • PPR Pro Leagues and Higher Stakes

I know that football is still far away but I would recommend the PRO500 and maybe PRO1000 leagues. Also PPR option would be great.

91st ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Bring Back Polls

I don't know why polls were disabled, but when I am setting up a new league it would really be helpful to have polls so we can all agree on scoring settings.

91st ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Positional Specific Scoring Options

As several other posts here have stated, Yahoo does have some great custom scoring options.

However, In the interest of creating better Equivalent Positional Value, I'd like to see the ability to add position specific scoring options. For instance: the ability to score QB/RB/WR/TE rushing, receiving, and passing yards separately or, more importantly, independent of each other. With such scoring a QB's rushing yards (or any other relevant stat) could be adjusted to be more/less than say the points earned by a RB.

The thought with having these options would be to create a more balanced scoring system, which would…

22nd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 6 team playoff (includes a consolation bracket)

To be consistent with the default playoff scheme, which Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey uses, Football should use the following, instead of the 4 team playoff (includes a consolation bracket):

The top 6 teams in the league standings after the last week of the Fantasy regular season qualify for a 3-week postseason tournament to determine a league champion.

The next 6 teams in the standings qualify for a consolation bracket to determine 7th through 12th place. The season is over for everyone else.

Teams - 6 championship, 6 consolation
                        Playoff Weeks - 2 options:
                        Weeks 14, 15, and 16
                        Weeks 15,…

62nd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Additional Roster Positions

In order to keep Special Teams relevant, I propose adding two positions:

KR = Kick Returner
                          PR = Punt Returner

Each NFL team designate a player, usually a wide receiver, slotted on its special team roster. Adding the above two roster positions will allow leagues to utilize the return yards and the return touchdowns into their grand scheme of their football strategy.

The above will provide a valuable option for league owners, whereas, some wide receivers and runnings backs may be on the low end of their respective depth chart, but may be on the top end of the special…

62nd ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Make the team picture bigger

Team names and pictures are an important part of fantasy football if you are in a league with people who are the least bit creative. The little circular team picture is so small that nobody can see what it is. You also have to spend too much time editing your picture to get what you want to fit into it. It should be a much larger square or rectangle.

65th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Kickers - part of defense/special teams.

As a custom scoring option, I think making kickers a part of defense/special teams makes perfect sense since in real life kickers are actually a part of the special teams. They would collect points for field goals made and extra points, but lose points for missed field goals/extra points. An argument against losing points for missed FGs/PATs has been if the kick was blocked it wasn't really the kickers fault, but this contends that argument because in that case, it's the entire special team's fault for letting the blocker through. I'd really like to see this available in custom scoring…

81st ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Offer a fully customizable post season league for weeks 18 through 21

Offer a fully customizable post season league for weeks 18 through 21. The league I've been hosting on a different site is a points only league consisting of 8 roster spots and no salary cap. Any participant can choose any player they prefer multiple times through weeks 18 through 21. The participant with the most points at the end wins.

73rd ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Inside/Outside Linebacker option

In IDP leagues, MLB's are the heavy hitter and are therefore stacked on benches.

Please add a provision to draft Inside OR Outside, similar to being able to draft DT,DE, Safeties, etc

91st ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Scoring formats

Please add the option for adjusting reception value independent of position and adding the ability to adjust reception scoring by decimal values. For example... my league would like to use a 0.5 PPR scoring setting for all players and a 1.5 PPR scoring value for TE. As of now you can only set it to 0 or 1 PPR.

105th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Additional Win/Loss Based On Weekly Points

In addition to one's head to head matchup, there should be a win or loss based on your points for the week. If a team scores in the top half of the league, they should get a win (bottom half- loss). Therefore every week a team would have two results (2-0, 1-1, or 0-2). It seems like every week I hear someone complain that he or she had the 2nd highest score in a league but lost because they played against the highest scorer. This system would take the luck out of the regular season, and more accurately determine the…

81st ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Cost per Transaction on the Waiver Wire

Cost Per Transactions: My current league is a cash league, however we also collect at the end of the year for roster pickups on the waiver wire. $2.50 per pickup, $2.50 per drop. A move cost $5.00 total.

In 2017, can Yahoo collect the transaction fee when the transaction is made?

Action: Have the paypal account link to Yahoo Wallet, everytime a transaction is made, the withdrawal is collected in the league pot.

2016 was even better as the Commissioner end of the year responsibilities are automated with payments with the collection of funds at the start of the season.

91st ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Practice squad

Please add a practice / taxi squad designation for dynasty leaguers!! Allowing some bench spots tagged for rookies / practice squad allows us to hold rookie drafts for prospects without using bench spots that cost us viability / waiver claim space. Essentially we'd need to add another designation (like IR or Bench) that once a player is removed from they can not be allowed to be put back (without commissioner modification).

103rd ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base