Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ticker symbol/name changed - not updated in YFi

Honestly Yahoo, I feel bad for your IT dept. Did anyone do any testing there for portfolios? I have a portfolio with 90 ticker symbols. One company in the middle of it decided to change their name and ticker symbol.
    Did anyone at Yahoo test this situation? I have to rekey the whole portfolio all over? 90 ticker symbols?

262nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get rid of the banner stating 'Try our new charting experience and share your thoughts': it's covers up the dates!!!!!!!

The banner is covering up the calendar dates at the bottom of the chart, so makes it practically useless. Do you guys ever beta these 'improvements'?

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback.

If you click on the “back” button from your browser, you’ll be able to leave the Chart page and return to other stock details.

Best,
    Finance Support

5. 56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trend line

Good Progress on Charting. I still don't see any ways to do Trending. Please add a function for trending

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. dividend payments need to be adjusted for charting

please adjust for dividend payments

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IDEAS --> Volumes colors are not representative

First of all THANK YOU! .. great service.
    I am an ex athlete so team play a must!
    What do you think about the fact that the color of the VOLUME is a little not too informing on the purpose of the data?
    A price is a set record. The volume amount a set record.
    The color a misleading in dependence of factors.
    I think that the VOLUME COLOR should be thought better.
    The split amounts and price direction can be NOT in ratio therefore misleading to a simple RED when pricing is LOWER and Dark when Pricing is HIGHER. …

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. show watchlist on interactive charts page

You took away the ability to quickly scroll through many charts by clicking on the tickets that you selected by creating a watchlist on the right hand side. I would have to type in every ticker I'd want to see for the interactive charts & I personally will never memorize that many tickers.

Please bring back the watch list to the right of the chart and/or create an option to turn it off/on. Thank you.

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Charts stacked up at once, just like the good ole days!

Years ago, before you guys "updated" the Yahoo Finance site... You used to be able to type in a bunch of tickers, and get stacked up charts (e.g. 3 months, or 6 months, or 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr) charts of all the stocks entered. Now you have to look at one f-ing chart at a time?! Is that progress?! No. Please give us the ability to get multiple charts on multiple stocks, over the same time frame, all at once, stacked up, just like the older generations of Yahoo-Finance used to be able to produce pronto. Why was that feature…

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chart cursor should be able to sit on the highest and lowest value of the candle, not just the opening and closing price.

Chart cursor should be able to sit on the highest and lowest value of the candle, not just the opening and closing price. Right now it's impossible to tell the high and low of a candle because the magnet is only on the opening and closing part of the candle. Make it so that you can move your cursor up and down to get the highest and lowest price for that candle too.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow "Beta" for stocks to be selectable in "Customized View"

For the more conservative investor,
    the "Beta" for a stock is very useful
    when deciding on whelter to establish a new position in a stock.

although this parameter is shown in the view views for individual stocks,
    it is not available in portfolio views.

Having it available for customized views
    would be breatly appreciated.

BTW,
    it is very difficult to search for this kind of "Beta"
    as almost all searches find the YahooFinance program version of Beta

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. stochastic indicator needs inputs for smoothing periods

The Stochastic Indicator needs to allow inputs for the smoothing periods as it did on the previous charts. Stochastic Momentum Indicator does allow the inputs, but the simple Stochastic Indicator does not.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Re new charts: color/size schemes are backwards. Price bars should have the weight & bright colors of the volume bars and vice versa.

The price bars are much too narrow and too dull. There is too little contrast to the mildly shaded background which is equally dull as the bars themselves. Hence no contrast either in color or in width which are about the same width as the vertical and horizontal background lines. As a college art instructor, I can tell you that the narrow tertiary color of the bars is unreadable against a tertiary and secondary tinted backdrop. But the volume bars are bold enough to easily see because of its width and use of primary colors. (Since Green is being seen…

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base