Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SYNNEX information incorrect

Your sector information for SYNNEX (SNX) is listed as Industrial which is incorrect. SYNNEX industry is Business Services and there sector is computer and technology

263rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ticker symbol 5519.TWO is missing all of its data and info.

This stock: 5519.TWO (Taiwan OTC Exchange) is missing everything except for its ticker symbol, which is pretty strange. Can you guys fix it? Thank you in advance.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You are missing yesterday's closing Historical Data figure for August 13th 2019!!!!!!!

You are missing yesterday's closing Historical Data figure for August 13th 2019!!!!!!!

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. missing data in historics

Good Evening,
    It's great that Yahoo tries to provide useful information for it's users but:
    It is hard to follow price action at the best of times so it's not very helpful when lines of data just disappear from your Yahoo pages. eg: The FTSE historics page had the data for 13/08/2019 in view yesterday but it has gone today and skips from Mon 12th to Wed 14th. Your software needs to find errors like this and fix and prevent further occurences. Also, I find there are hundreds of instances where, say, a stocks open or close price is higher…

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation!

Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation every time!
    It would show if the close was UP or DOWN from the day before.
    Thanks,
    Phil.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My Portfolios

Hi, under My Portfolios in Yahoo Finance, the Watch List under tab Summary has the list of stocks with the stock code at the left. When I hover the mouse over the stock code it gives the name of the stock. Great.
    But if I then click My Holdings, if I hover the mouse over the stock code, it just shows the code, not the stock name. It would be helpful if this showed the name of the stock rather than just the stock code, same as under the Summary tab.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. on the Finance home page header area, the gold price does not match the chart or actual cost

Gold futures prices incorrect- does not match chart or actual

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why can I not add Warrants to my portfolio?

Warrants? I own alot of Warrants in my portfolio that aren't available to add. Do not necessarily need Strike price but it would be nice to add to my portfolio ( share count, purchase price, current price etc.)

Eg: TGIF.WT 1933 Industries

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. earnings date data is wrong in portfolio view

This was already posted (see below) you can not vote for the problem yet it is not fixed yet. Im having the same problem as of 7/30/2019

"(I want to see the upcoming earnings dates of the stocks in my watchlist so I added a new view, checks symbol and earning date items. However the earnings dates shown in the portfolio view are wrong even though Yahoo Finance lists the correct data when you view the actual stock.

For example, if you view the yahoo stock page for CRM, it says: Earnings Date May 29, 2018

That date is correct.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. delete portfolio under settings missing, unable to delete portfolio

delete portfolio under settings missing, unable to delete portfolio

I will send a screen shot if you need it

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: GOLD)

Dear Yahoo Finance, I would like to refer to the NYSE counter: Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD). The counter GOLD belongs to Barrick Gold Corporation, not Randgold Resources Limited. Please fix the naming error as soon as possible. Thank you. https://www.barrick.com/English/investors/shares-dividends/default.aspx

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio silencing is not respected by commercials.

It is extremely annoying that commercials overrule audio silencing for a few seconds. - Please fix that as soon as possible.
    Thank you

591st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Portfolio news not displaying The Portfolio News section on my Portfolio pages is not loading. Please fix.

Your response to P Bergman shared this idea · Feb 19, 2018 was insufficient. Clicking on the link does not address the problem. It only explains how to clear the browser cache, enable JavaScript, etc.
    "Fix problems when a Yahoo website isn't working"

The real problem is your buggy software. Hire a software architect and some systems engineers and redo your code.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to 'save' chosen "reaction" in the Conversations drop down menu

In Finance 'conversations', you should be able to "SAVE" the reaction
    you pick from the drop down menu that you offer. Instead of defaulting to the "top" reaction over and over.

591st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. You might want to double check the Earnings Calendar before it get's posted

PLEASE double check your Earnings Calendar before posting!!!!!
    Cannot rely on your Finance site at all anymore!

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wrong closing prices

Some "closing" prices are from the second preceding business day, not the immediate preceding business day. It is IMPERATIVE that ALL prices on your service be accurate.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Earnings

Financials - Earnings -Graphing

When looking at Quarterly data, it would be nice to see 1 more additional Quarter shown. Right now you have the last 4 Quarters and an estimate for the next Quarter. I would like to see the last 5 Quarters (and an estimate for the next) as this would include the most recent quarterly data in comparison to its value from the previous year.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review. Should you have any additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out again and tell us all about it.

19. A full block tool

Hopefully Yahoo developers and staff are reading these suggestions. A tool to full block someone from viewing your posts and following you around is sorely needed in the Yahoo Conversations. This tool will allow users to essentially self-moderate which means less work for Yahoo's Abuse Team and most significantly, a guaranteed decrease in the overall toxicity within the Yahoo forums.

Just muting doesn't do enough because abusive individuals will still follow you around to smear you and make you look awful. There is just so much of this going on right now and it is making the Yahoo forums very…

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Roche Holding on German XETRA stock exchange

Roche Holding stock price on XETRA German stock exchange hasn't been updated in Yahoo Finance since Friday June 28.

I see that for instance Bloomberg correctly quotes the current stock prices but with the suffix GR, so for instance RHO5.GR instead of RHO5.DE

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base