New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set a non yahoo email as a default email.

I would like to set a different email as my default email. So when I go back to the yahoo mail website it is on a different email.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Editing the Title line

Being able to add an edit note on the title line. Ex: If i order 15 items from Amazon . All the title lines say "Amazon " with no explanation to what the item is , Now I have open each line and click a link that takes me to amazon just to see what the item is and when it will arrive. If I could just edit part of the title line where it says Amazon for example . I could state on each line what that particular email is referencing and even add the date of when it…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Favorite folder

I am missing a Folder favorite function in Yahoo, like what Hotmail has. Much used folders can there be dragged up to just above the Folders. I can not understand why Yahoo is not doing this improvement! Please explain.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. be able to sort: view most recent emails first!!!!!

be able to sort in a string of grouped emails & replies: view most recent emails first!!!!!

since this system won't accept my button pushing that this is a CRITICAL FEATURE. WTF? really

this continues to be the worst email ever. unfortunately some people at my work are too lazy to change....for right now.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. enough political attack's

Enough with the personal attacks on Trump while ignoring the pitiful elephant in the room (Biden). Biden is destroying our country!!! Not at all unbiased on YAHOO

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. font/type style choices and font/typestyle size choices

Make it as easy and as many options to the change of the font/type style and size on the newest Yahoo Mail + version, as it is on the basic Mail. On the newest version of Yahoo Mail, [which one pays for], there are very few options for fonts or type styles [like courier, aerial, etc] and not specific font size [i.e. 10 or 12 or 14, etc] just terms like "large". It is far more cumbersome to use with far fewer options in comparison to the basic Mail version [which is free]], and all other email platforms that I…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. star colour change

i wish Yahoo had a feature on the stars as far as different colors. Like of how importance those messages are. Red for urgency, Blue i can hold off for a while, Yellow let me think about it for a few or something.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pin mail at the top. Idea for a new choice

We could have a choice like: pin our mail at the top, for significant mails except the star and the mark as unread

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need to have additional filter option in inbox

There is multiple options under the "Tick box" that can be used to select the All, None, Read, Unread etc. Kindly include include an option to filter by date. Kindly include an option to choose "from date" and "To date".

Need to have a tick box besides to select "Today", "Yesterday" similar to mobile app

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable trash folder settings to be changed in Yahoo Mail Plus

I was looking at the features for Yahoo Mail Plus and do not see that anything changes with the (extremely inconvenient) 7-day auto-clean setting for the Trash folder. Having ad-free email would be great. Not having to leave messages in the in-folder because they will be permanently deleted too quickly makes for a very cluttered inbox. Having deleted messages continue to disappear after 7 days doesn't make Mail Plus worth the expense for me.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make yahoo mail less annoying

I absolutely hate then when Im reading an email and then it suddenly dissapears and moves to the next one. I used to think it was when I received a new email (which is annoying enough) but today it happened and no new email had been received, its infuriating!!! I want to read my emails without them dissapearing when I'm half way through!!!

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The inbox has a dark theme option, but then when I open a message, it has a light theme

The inbox has a dark theme option, but then when I open a message, it has a light theme, which hurts my eyes.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include Login History

Please include Login history, giving IP address, device and service name. so I can see if my account is being logged into by an outsider and so I change my password if necessary

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. .fr domain should be made available again.

Domains such as yahoo.fr should be made available again.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mail card

The mail card feature in the mail app needs to be permanently deleted. It not only annoying, but completely pointless. It is absolutely absurd that it can not be disabled like any other notification

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base