New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. block email sender

Instructions say to hover over gear box and stationary is presented- I want to block a sender to my Yahoo email account. HELP

1119th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a way that I can add a Note or a Task on each email, like gmail?

For example, I have an email, and I would like to add some notes on why I am holding that email, or why I took certain decision on that email.

I can do that on Gmail emails, but I don't want to delete my Yahoo email, I prefer you to improve it because I love my yahoo email.

Thank you!
    Thank you!!!

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make it possible to forward multiple emails all at once without having to do it one by one.

I need to forward 1300 emails all at once (in one folder) or else I will never ever do it one by one.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exporting email folders to pdf offline

This idea is like many identical and previous posts. Make it easy to export online folder e-mails into offline pdf files in sub folders. I subscribe to an email list of useful DIY projects and would like to have them easy to read and categorized on the move! Thanks in advance!

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. after composing an email, it goes into draft automatically, it does not have SEND

After I Compose my Email, it has no "SEND" icon, it goes into Draft. How rediculous! what has happened to Yahoo Mail???

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. stop showing IOSIS adds and all those which include nude or partially nude photos.

stop showing IOSIS adds and all those which include nude or partially nude photos.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. cell phone app for android freezes

yahoo app on cell phones doesn't work on my phone or my wife's cell phone. fix it please.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 302nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it so I can still email from quickbooks! This super sucks!! I absolutely need you to fix this NOW!

FIX IT!!!!! I HATE HAVING TO SCAN AND UPLOAD MY BILLING!!! I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE ABLE TO EMAIL FROM QUICKBOOKS!!

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pointless arrow to remove ad buttons

Stop forcing users to continuously have advertisements popping up and sliding the selected folder over. What is the point of an arrow button to select in order to remove that advertisement from view if while you are trying to browse your email folder it just keeps sliding the folder over, crunching it down in size with a brand new annoying advertisement showing once again and HARDLY A FEW DOZEN SECONDS LATER

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More default font style required

please give more options on default font styles. now, only 6 options are available.

1996th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The 'List' feature isn't working. When I want to type the start of a list I've created in the 'To:' field, the system doesn't recognize it.

Please fix this issue. If you are going to make 'List' (a specific group of emails) an option, then please fix the issue. It's very inconvenient to have to type each individual in the 'To' field instead of using one of my 'Lists'.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let me set a default mail account

I have two email accounts: one with my generic Yahoo username and one with Yahoo small business. With new mail, both accounts are available under the Compose button. But every time I log in on desktop, my generic Yahoo username account opens first. I never use that account. I want my small business account to open by default. Right now, every time I log in on desktop, it's an extra click. Let me set which one should open by default.

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The new mail won't allow me to send from my Quickbooks app

The new mail won't allow me to send from my QuickBooks program even though I have entered the information in filters. Security and Privacy only allows me to BLOCK emails.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Auto generated card visible only to you - instructions needed. Current help and instructions are inaccurate.

Auto generated card has wrong info showing and in the past I could change it by clicking on the 3 dots on the card. Those dots are gone and instructions for changing the information are inaccurate. Would love current instructions available.

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email Chronology Print Capability

It would be incredibly useful and beneficial to be able to print an email conversation string in chronological order, with the original email on top and most recent email responses in descending order. Yahoo! help assistance said that is not a possibility at this time. Is it something Yahoo! is considering?

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Word wrap

When composing new emails, please have word wrap to more properly show text overflow. It is difficult to compose ideas and thoughts when I can only see the last few words I've typed.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create groups from outgoing email

It would be extremely helpful and efficient to be able to create a group of contacts directly from an outgoing email, without necessarily needing to add the individual contacts to my contact list

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base