New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bring back the hug emoji

bring back the hug emoji

1438th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Run Now" button for one or all filters to test them.

When adding a new filter, it is very important to TEST the filter. The fact that you cannot immediately run a filter means that all the effort to add a filter can be for no good when you have to wait for couple weeks to see if it worked or not. I am a programmer and would be shot if I did not have a "Run Now" button. Cheers, Ron ********* , LC CLS.

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why is the heading so wide? it's taking up too much space! how do I make it smaller?

why is the heading so wide? it's taking up too much space! how do I make it smaller?

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upgrade spam filters (Allow custom filters to send to spam folder)

More spam is getting through than usual. Spammers have upgraded, now it's the filters' turn. And in the mean time, while were waiting for Yahoo to upgrade their own filters, I don't want to have to create a second spam folder when I specify a custom filter (the only folder I can't send custom filtered mail to is spam; not convenient when spam filters are slacking off).

1016th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add the Sender Column back

You removed the column that shows who is sending the email. This was a very useful feature for me. Now I don't know who is sending me an email until I click on it which is unacceptable. Please add the sender column back!

707th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please add Option to Turn Off hover-bubble descriptions, they get in the way.

I understand the inbuilt hover-bubble description boxes can be useful, like when it says how many unread emails there are in a folder --but they can also be annoying. Especially the "checkbox, not checked" description that pops up every time my mouse hovers for a nanosecond near a checkbox. When I'm checking multiple emails it gets obnoxious and I would really like the option to make them stop, please.

832nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The New Yahoo email is not efficient in attaching files. I personally tried attaching PDF file but it took a lot of time

Yahoo should work on solving the file attachment.
    The previous version was much more efficient than the current one.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Choosing Recipients

When sending a message, I can choose recipients from my contacts. There the names are alphabetical by last name, but it takes a long time to scroll down the list.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. would like to be able to change width of all inbox columns

Would like to be able to change width of all inbox columns.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Return to In Box"

When selecting ONE message to be deleted, others go to trash also. I'm tired of searching Trash and Spam to find messages that I want to keep in my inbox. I've resorted to starring those, so that they're easier to find. Please fix this...I never had this problem on the old platform.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. repl

get rid of the new mail can not view face book with the new mail it is trash bring back the old one

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Browser window sizing and spacing.

Window sizing must allow more viewing space, especially for smaller screens. The top toolbar is currently too thick, advertisement section also takes up space when preview pane is added.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Deleting Emails from one sender

Provide a way to delete all emails from a particular sender with the click of a button

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Inbox look is frustrating. Subject line should contain only subject, not the message text

Inbox look is a mess. There is email contents within subject line in the inbox view. Please remove message contents and leave only message subject.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please return the calendar icon to the way it was before!

As above - the date is displayed far too faintly to be read at a glance...makes this new Yahoo mail format very irritating

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow resizing of Folder panel

The new format has a worse user experience than the classic format.. My folder names cannot be more than 15 characters if I want the full name to display. The new format should allow the folder panel to be resized so that the user can see the full folder names.

When I noticed this a while ago, I switched back to the classic format which allowed me to see my full folder names. My email was apparently forced to the new format recently, and I wanted to switch back to the classic mode, but that option is gone now. Is…

832nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 911th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. disable the autoplay video

Disable the autoplaying video. It's rude, intrusive, and completely uncalled for.

738th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Under old Yahoo, I could see a history of documents & photos shared with a contact when I opened a single email. Where is this option now?

Under the old version of Yahoo when I opened an email, I could see a history of the number of emails, documents (attachments) and photos shared with a single contact to the right of message opened. It made it easy to search for an attachment or document without having to open up individual emails searching for the right one.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base