New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scrolling

Having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to send and email is kind of annoying. Making a static bar would be amazing! The colors are pretty though! The flashing documents button is weird. Not a fan, but helpful feature! Do you guys have anything like Google Drive?

128th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple messages deleted, only one selected.

When I delete an email on my laptop....it doesn't just delete the one that I selected it deletes more messages. This has been going on since the change in message format.

946th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Security login.

I find the security log in to see my emails a HUGE inconvenience. I sign in to use my at home computer and need to sign in to see my emails!!??
    Most times when I sit down at the computer I do not have my phone. I need to get up, go find my phone so I can retrieve the sign in "code". I am so annoyed by this. I didn't need to do this few years ago. It should be a choice, an option.

946th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 946th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Groups

THE GROUPS should carry over NOT just the contacts! I have 1200 contacts in 50+ groups. I don't have time to make new groups! I took me over a decade to make the groups! I'm an international touring musician -- groups by countries and regions and who is in management, hospitality, press, recording, education, etc... WTF???

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. plain text on mobile app

I subscribe to some plain text listservs. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to send plain text emails from my mobile device. I know that the desktop version allows me to switch to plain text instead of HTML; it would be nice if the mobile app did too.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. not showing download option .DAV extension files

i was revived email that email contain (.DAV) extension file. before 1 week (.DAV) file are download. but now this extension file could not downloaded . please solve this problem

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. IPAD COMPETIBILITY AND USER EXTREME UNFRIENDLINESS

USER UNFRIENDLY IN IPADS... GET STAND THEM CAN YA!

946th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Santa's list

You guys should make a new forwarding email for Santa that parents can sign up for that can get transferred to there account. It would be a new form of a Santa list

799th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integration of Contacts into Email Interface

As you work on updating Contacts to be more modern, as you have with Mail, please consider the following functions.
    - copy an email address from within a received email To, CC, BC without having to highlight and hover
    - page to enter more info on a new contact so that when you receive an email from a new contact you can generate a contact reference to include address and phone number
    - ability to add a new contact to a group from within the mail interface, allowing the ability to manage lists and groups without having to navigate away…

630th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. email

Hi - Is it possible to have than one email open at a time now? This platform ***** now.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep filter up/down arrows from scrolling

In New Mail the filter up/down arrows are at the top and move off the screen as you scroll down the filter list. If you are working with anything lower than, say, the 15th filter, this makes it difficult and unwieldy to try to move filters up and down -- as you're working with a filter that is many pages below the buttons. The simple solution is to return to NO-SCROLL for the up-down button, and preferably move them to *aside* the filter list rather than atop it. Thanks.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. email preview

On right side of the E-Mail page there is setting, contacts, calender and notepad is present. Below that there is vacant space which is used only after one click on the extension (> button) of E-mail preview. For every E-Mail one has to extend the preview for better view. Use that space and make preview window larger.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put icon for news feed back (on the left), I don't want to go to your main News Page

Want the Icon for the news feed back, I don't want to go to your main News Page, the feed is much easier to skim quickly for something interesting. The news page is messy, not easy to read quickly.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move icons for Contacts/Calendar/Notepad to left side.

These icons are over on the right by themselves, extreamly annoying, especially if not in full screen or in small laptop & tablets. I almost never have my browser window at full screen even when I am on a big monitor. I don't want to have to scroll left/right, this is bad web design.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spam filter seems to be working well! Only a couple a day insted of dozens.

However, you need to start filtering names! Every spam I get has a girls name in the title (Alyssa, Maya, Angela etc). If you fix this, I'll love you forever!

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allowed email setting

As well as having a blocked setting for email addresses there needs to be an allowed list for emails to be added to as I always have emails in junk with are not.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base