Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

382 results found

  1. Yahoo Mail Inbox keep getting less and less useful

    The current email inbox format is full of icons and whitespace that get in the way of me seeing what is important to me.

    I want to be able to easily skim the subject and the name together with the current design I have to skim side to side before moving to the next row.

    I very much dislike having no control over adjust this display in a way that works for me. Now that you have removed the ability for me to see the Classic mode, I am most likely moving my email to another product and leave this…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello my number is loss, how i cant join?

    Am pierdut numărul de telefon, *** pot sa intru pe emailul meu ??

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. old keyboard shortcuts for moving messages to folders not working

    In yahoo mail, while viewing a message, I used to be able to hit "D" and then a number on the keyboard and it would send me current message to a folder of my choice that corresponded to at least the numbers 1-9 I think. Why can't we have that functionality in this new layout of mail? I complained about this same thing months ago before I was forced out of being able to use the old design, and it still has not been addressed.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. less garbage white space between emails in the same thread and more delineation

    there's so much white space, and no lines for me to be able to discern what is a clickable segment of the email thread to expand or contract. Why did we have to make it all worse?

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please get AI out of my mail

    Awhile back, my emails had summaries at the top which were obnoxious and useless. I don't remember now if I got rid of them by turning AI features off or if they just disappeared, but they're baaaack. GET RID OF THEM, PLEASE. The only AI thing in my settings is off, but the summaries are showing again. I do not want my emails used to train AI nor do I want AI to read and summarize them for me. It's obnoxious. I am capable of reading them myself.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dark Day

    Today is a dark day in American history. We lost the Classic Yahoo Mail and now we move into the dark ages with this limited/useless new mail.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. folders

    provide option to always show folders

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Delete button doesn't work

    Your new mail is just useless!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add [CTRL+mouseclick] on an email to open it in a new tab

    I just want to be able to open an email in a new tab again. Like I could in the old version.

    We should be able to [Ctrl+click] an email (from the inbox) and have it open in a new tab.

    [Right-click -> Open in a new tab] would be nice too, but I recognize it's likely not possible with this UI.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase SPAM folder

    I have been getting absolutely slammed with spam. In just 2 or 3 weeks I'm already up to 485 in my spam folder that I have already blocked. This is the SECOND batch filling up my spam folder. How can I stop getting so much spam?

    Thank you, Yahoo user

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Themes

    I really miss themes because it gave a lighter but not brighter option to the background. Please reconsider bringing back themes. The white background is way too light and bright. The dark background is way too dark.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. archive file

    why does my emails go to my archives instead of my in box?

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Moving e-mails from Inbox to Spam.

    For many years, there was an option to move e-mails from Inbox to Spam. Why would you remove this option all of a sudden?

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search results - can't read the emails

    While the cards are a "unique" idea, I NEED to be able to remove them from the search results because I cannot see the actual email I need to see. I then have no way to open in a new window to read the email.
    Please fix this. I took a screenshot but I guess I cannot add it?

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why is 'Primary' being default?

    When e-mail is opened, why is 'Primary' is chosen as default? Why not to have 'All' as the default?

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move Unread to under the Inbox

    I need the Unread group to be under the Inbox. Otherwise emails will be auto routed to their respective email boxes and I will never know what came in today.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show all email parties in groups under 10

    I have run into great difficulty as the full group of sent and cc:ed parties does not show upon opening an email. I understand the minimization to "+2 more" etc. if there is a particularly large email, but this should at minimum be a feature I can toggle in the "viewing emails" portion of settings.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twenty plus year user

    20 plus year user and I prefer to have the classic view you shouldn't be able to take that away from somebody without giving them the option to choose more modern or stay at the classic layout I would appreciate it if you can GIVE IT BACK into my account and allow me to go back to classic view as that's what I've been using for the past 20 years

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable Unsubscribe button

    Make the "Unsubscribe" button optional in the summary line. It interferes with trying to read the summary and causes inadvertant unsubscribes to email senders I want to retain.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fixed location of action icons above the e-mail

    When working on a PC, depending on the email, it will add the reply-all icon, which shifts the other icons to the right. If you don't notice this and are deleting many emails, the cursor will no longer be over the trash can, and the action becomes to file the email when the intention was to delete it. It would be better to just have a blank placeholder for where the reply-all icon would go.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?