Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

307 results found

  1. 304th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. external image suppression

    Hi.
    Under "Show images in messages," I click "Ask before showing external images," but it repeatedly reverts to "Show images in messages, Always, except in spam folder."

    It should keep my setting.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Folders

    I had quite a few folders in my email, and now I only have FOUR, ansd1/2 of THEM are empty! Where did they go. I need them! Not Happy

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Email List button - fix

    I was switched over to the new yahoo mail and am finding that when I
    am sending email using an "email list" the button stating "email this list" is not loading
    the email address in the address line...
    The chatbot told me to type in the name of the list - which worked but why is this not working?
    This "new yahoo" has been out for a long time - I went back to the old system because I did not like
    many things about it and now I am finding this bug... besides the fact that the color selections…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search returns no results. Fix this NOW!

    Yahoo Mail search returns zero results for messages that are visibly present in my Inbox. The issue began this week and occurs across multiple devices and access methods, including web mail. Exact sender-address searches also return no results.

    304th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show to which email box the email was sent right away

    For several email boxes, it would be nice if after opening an email, it shows explicitly to which of my email boxes it was sent, not requiring me to click on "to me" to see that.

    My email boxes have different functions and I need to know to which email box the email was sent right away. That's how it worked in the old version of Yahoo.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop linking unrelated emails together

    I am querying and all emails with the same subject: Query: *** get linked together. Now I have a massive email chain of potential literary agents and if they get the chain I look like an idiot! this is a huge no no in the industry. please help!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Reply/Forward  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. checking e-mail option

    The application really needs a "check mail" link for linked mail accounts. Sometimes it takes ages for messages to show up in my incoming mail when they have already been received by my linked account in the native application. I can't find any option to set how often the app checks for new mail either. Cheers.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. what is talking voice thing

    somehow I guess I signed up on the voice thing how do I get out, I'm 85 and I don't know how to do this new email or how to get out of the voice thing, I hate this Hate this Hate this

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix crash loop on new interface when hovering over order confirmations

    My account was updated to the new Yahoo Mail interface. There is a critical rendering crash on the main inbox page. Every time my mouse cursor hovers over an online order confirmation email in my list, the entire inbox crashes instantly and redirects to the purple error screen stating "Yahoo Mail has encountered a problem."

    This happens even in Incognito mode, but the same email opens perfectly fine on the Yahoo Mail mobile app. The issue is tied to how the new desktop web interface pre-fetches the automated code layout of order receipts on mouse hover. Please implement error handling…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Snooze Capacity in Yahoo New Mail

    Dear Reader,

    I hope you are doing well.

    I am a fairly new Yahoo New Mail user. Generally, I enjoy and appreciate it, especially since 1. it is free and 2. doesn't sell users' information whether we consent or not, as Google/Gmail does.

    I export most Gmail messages to my Yahoo New Mail account with Thunderbird. Unfortunately, neither Thunderbird nor Yahoo allow users to Snooze messages.

    This means I need to use Mailbird, yet another email manager, in order to snooze certain emails. This wastes space on my laptop, which has a total of less than 60 GB.

    Please allow…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR EMAIL?

    I hate what youve done to email. I use to have my folders on display and now they are not. I have to click on the folders icon which then opens into a popup. THIS SUCKS. LEAVE WHAT WORKS ALONE FOR **** SAKE! Yahoo email has been a pain in my butt since i started using it and im about ready to give up. You open my emails into PRIMARY which it took a good while to remember I needed to open ALL to get my emails when that should be the emails to open first but NOOOOO! And i…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove / option to toggle right hand panel

    Give it a back to basic view by allowing user to toggle off the panel with the starred items etc in so inbox/reading pane can span whole page again for those who dont want to read postage stamp sized previews with continuous scrolling by line - ie just want folder list on left and emails within on the right nothing else but a task bar at the top,
    thank you in advance for considering this possibility

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get rid of achievements

    Get rid of the achievements. I am not playing a game. Im checking my mail for relevant emails.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CHANGE THE FILTER OPTION BACK!

    I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPS ON PURPOSE. I have sent this feedback multiple times, every time Yahoo tried to make me switch to the new layout I switched back. **PLEASE RESTORE THE OPTION TO RIGHT CLICK ON A MESSAGE AND CHOOSE "FILTER MESSAGES LIKE THESE". ** Making us go into settings, and clicking "add a new filter" Is like 3 clicks deeper and LESS convenient than before. User interface redesign is supposed to make things more streamlined, not more clunky. I get a LOT of email that needs to NOT land in my inbox. Don't make new designs…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mail.... be able to collapse the folder. I get you want us to buy ad free. The ads on the right are so big it's 1/3 of the screen.

    I'm not paying to get rid of the ads. I have a gmail account also. If Yahoo wants to keep making this worse I'll just transition to gmail.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Way to delete all mail!!!!!

    I can't find a way to delete my mail box???????

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve on your spam and junk email process

    I will be going with another email service as I am tired of getting constant spam and **** emails from the UK from addresses acting like mine and or just very random email address all from the same place. Yet you all cant keep them from my inbox or spam and only allow 1k blocks and 3 web emails to block. This is a complete joke and for someone who has had this email for 20+ years I cant wait to move on to a better platfrom that protects from sicking **** emails.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get the new stuff working smoothly

    Idea: Get New Yahoo Mail working smoothly very soon or I, and no doubt others, will be leaving. This NYM seems potentially good (better than the last attempt, which was complex and dysfunctional, but at least optional, so I rejected it). This NYM looks easy to use on the surface, but it isn't working well yet - log-on is indirect and slow, old messages seem to have lost their texts, and writing new messages to send is unstable (I checked on my other email services, and it's definitely NYM instability, not my computer or web link).

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 … 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?