Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

80th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No longer able to change number of shares and cost basis of mutual funds in my portfolio.

No longer able to change number of shares and cost basis of mutual funds in my portfolio.

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please stop posting the "main" news on the right side. It's really irritatin that I want to lok at something, but Yahoo wants me to look at.

Please stop forcing the main finance news on the right side as I scroll down. It's really irritating that Yahoo wants to force me to look at the main page news. I wouldn't be scrolling down if I wanted to look at the main news.

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. chart of 5284.KL can not view more than one month

I am not sure, this stock only can view one month price data. The stocks is listed long enough to view a 6 months chart. Please correct it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/5284.KL?p=5284.KL

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ftse 100 historical data missing

I can't find"Historical Data" in FTSE100.
    There is no problem with other index. at least nov-25/2017.

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's been a month and I cannot edit my holdings

It's been a month and I cannot edit my holdings

137th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. volume weighted moving average

Within the charting tool, could you please either add a volume weighted moving average indicator or allow the user to weight the simple moving average by volume. This would be very helpful in comparing against the simple weighted moving average. (I assume that the current weighted option within the moving average indicator is based on days, providing the largest weighting to the most recent day.)

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 540th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chart: MACD Histograms are wrong!

Your MACD Histograms are WRONG!
    Example: Look at ticker NWL: Latest histogram, and you would know what i mean!

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. missing financials for Alcoa

You are missing all Financial data both annual and quarterly for Alcoa (AA) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow are all blank. Data available at other webpages, why not Yahoo?

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. close vs adjusted close on IPO's

I wonder why the close price is often different from the adjusted close price often for IPO's say like in the first month. Usually theres not yet been any stocksplit or dividend in those first days, yet these prices are different. Sometimes the adjusted close price is lower than the low of the day, which makes me wonder how adjusted close price works (some sort of forward bias?). My question: which one should I use for IPO's?

540th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Issue an "Save-Alert-Prompt" if view is changed W/O Saving after a Re-Oder Operation

"Inconsistency" will almost always create "issues" if done often enough.

Maybe I'm just plain "stupid",
    but most portfolio changes are almost instantaneously incorporated and saved (i.e. a good feature)

However,
    a re-order of a stock position is only temporarly incororporated,
    but not "permanent" until a save is performed.

I can appreciate this philosophy with the re-order operation(s).

But, I am often forgetting to save the re-order,
    which doesn't take much of a recovery action,
    unless multiple re-orders were performed.

Although I usually "hate" most "are You Sure" prompts,
    once a re-order has been made,
    I would strongly appreciate such an…

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zeus Virus Detected scamware

I have received half a dozen pop ups this month (Nov 2017) alerting me that ZEUS VIRUS DETECTED and it happens exclusively while visiting Yahoo Finance. It appears your website is infected with this scam ware. The scammers are trying to get users to call them so they can trick the user into paying for removal of a fake virus. One of the pop ups it creates is actually a new browser tab (IE) that looks convincingly like an official Microsoft webpage. However, real articles on MS support site identify this as scam ware that comes from infected websites, like…

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add Tokyo Exchange Stocks

I want to monitor Japanese stocks as well

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 119th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Date Range does not have the 3M option any more

Date Range does not have the 3M option anymore

150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Intermittently missing Portfolio entries & doesn't save changes

Sometimes the entries in a Portfolio are missing then after numerous attempts they reappear! Sometimes it will nor save enties in My Holdings. Sometimes it will not save a reordering of the rows even after pressing "Save Order"

306th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MMLP Market Cap

Please update the Market Cap information for MMLP. I submitted the correct information a week ago and it has yet to be updated. This is causing problems. Comments like the one from DSR from 5 days ago stating MMLP has lost $500 million of its value is a problem for the company and are untrue. This only appears true because Yahoo has yet to update the information. Please update the information ASAP.

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notes

It would be incredibility helpful if individual "Notes" added to a symbol would transfer to other portfolios with the same symbol.

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

glad i tested before sending to client. POS.

721st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base