Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Options quotes

I’ve found a lot of inconsistencies in the availability of option data. One day, an expiration date is in the drop down to select, the next day it’s gone and not available. Is there any way to be more consistent in ensuring all of the option expiration date data is available?

64th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post!

We’d like to look into this inquiry further, but need to see what your screen looks like when this occurs.

Can you please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web and send us screenshots of the inaccuracy?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

2. Add percentage of portfolio in edit view

It would be great and much appreciated that in our customized portfolios that you add a column that gives us the percentage that ticker is of our portfolio.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix porfolio and stock news

your finance news under portfolios is mostly useless as it is on individual stocks. Real company news is missing for hype instead

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. freeze stock value

I would like the ability to freeze the value of a stock in my portfolio, in case if i sell a stock yet want it listed so it will continue in calculations of the portfolio value. If I don't delete the stock when i sell it, the percent increase/decrease in value is not correct. If i delete it the portfolio percent gain/loss is incorrect.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. earnings YCBD needs update

Please update YCBD's earnings for 3Q.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding Notes

When I monitor my stocks or option under my wathchlist and/or portfolio I would like to be able to add some notes on the page I guess this function can be added below part of the page.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on

links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on so i can track which stories i've already reviewed

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Check on open tickets

We used to be able to see the status of any ticket we entered. Also, we used to be able to scan open tickets and search for a Ticker that has been reported as having a problem so we don't have to keep bugging tech support.

Can those features be added?

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The math is not right with Portfolio total value

the Portfolio total doesn't work any more. The sum is faulty (some stocks showing the correct share price but no value). Very frustrating

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SYNNEX information incorrect

Your sector information for SYNNEX (SNX) is listed as Industrial which is incorrect. SYNNEX industry is Business Services and there sector is computer and technology

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ticker symbol 5519.TWO is missing all of its data and info.

This stock: 5519.TWO (Taiwan OTC Exchange) is missing everything except for its ticker symbol, which is pretty strange. Can you guys fix it? Thank you in advance.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You are missing yesterday's closing Historical Data figure for August 13th 2019!!!!!!!

You are missing yesterday's closing Historical Data figure for August 13th 2019!!!!!!!

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. missing data in historics

Good Evening,
    It's great that Yahoo tries to provide useful information for it's users but:
    It is hard to follow price action at the best of times so it's not very helpful when lines of data just disappear from your Yahoo pages. eg: The FTSE historics page had the data for 13/08/2019 in view yesterday but it has gone today and skips from Mon 12th to Wed 14th. Your software needs to find errors like this and fix and prevent further occurences. Also, I find there are hundreds of instances where, say, a stocks open or close price is higher…

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

16. streaming quotes

I turn streaming quotes OFF in settings, then when I reload the page streaming quotes reverts to ON.
    This is new today, did not function this way yesterday.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation!

Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation every time!
    It would show if the close was UP or DOWN from the day before.
    Thanks,
    Phil.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My Portfolios

Hi, under My Portfolios in Yahoo Finance, the Watch List under tab Summary has the list of stocks with the stock code at the left. When I hover the mouse over the stock code it gives the name of the stock. Great.
    But if I then click My Holdings, if I hover the mouse over the stock code, it just shows the code, not the stock name. It would be helpful if this showed the name of the stock rather than just the stock code, same as under the Summary tab.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Interviews with Market Makers and Movers

Your Yahoo Finance live market day video QUALITY and RELIABILITY are LEGENDARY and 1000% better than CNBCPro, but you NEED to get interviews with more market makers movers and shakers like Jeff Gundlach, FOMC members, etc. because your content has too much "millenial blah blah blah" filler.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Class Action Lawsuits for Individual Stocks

Class Action Lawsuits for Individual Stocks
    When researching a stock it seems like when there's a lawsuit the law firms spam the news so they are always on top. To me this is not news - more like spam or advertising. Any chance you can remove them or limit them. thank you!

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base