New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contacts hard to find, edit, alter, and delete

Since the new changes it has become much more difficult to search and edit or delete a single contact. It would be very helpful if a dropdown menu were available to search by several choices such as ending email address or last name or company. partial name, with the ability to select the item and go to edit.

76th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  354 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I HATE that you forced me to change my inbox. Please return to my old format

dont force the change, I dont want it and it looks like others dont either

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  171 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. just return me to my old format. thank you..... please

just give me back my old email. don't like this one.

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20401 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your opinion on New Mail with us. We continually strive to improve and upgrade our products to make them even more useful to our members. As we move our products forward, we must unfortunately retire support for older versions. To learn more about the latest version of Yahoo Mail, visit https://upgrade.mail.yahoo.com/

4. As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  325 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. full page contact list

I hate the contact list now being shown on the right side and much prefer the previous full page contact list. Please bring back the full page list or at provide an option to select this version. Also, some of my contacts seem to have "mysteriously" disappeared.

107th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  68 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SWITCH BACK TO CLASSIC

SWITCH BACK TO CLASSIC. FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS BUT WAS UNABLE TO SEE WHAT YAHOO DESCRIBED IN ORDER TO SWITCH BACK.

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  190 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. get rid off white list notification.

I do not want ANY ads on my email, EMAIL should be EMAIL nothing else. Make money with other means

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3737 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  125 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New contact management format - not goodl!

As of 18 July 2019, you changed the way in which users can administer contact details. The new contact management is confusing and the layout does not give a good overview over contacts. Please return to the old format!

Joachim Duester

141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I hate the colors, please bring back my old pretty back ground

my old background was much more pleasing to me, please bring it back

124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. contacts

06/2019 REVISION TO NEW MAIL CONTACTS ELIMINATES SEVERAL FUNCTIONS
    __No way to print contacts
    __No way to highlight multiple contacts as directed in a HELP screen
    __Clicking CONTACTS icon at top of contacts display just closes the window and does nothing
    __Hard to read and scroll the contacts in the extremely narrow window used to display them
    __Please go back to the Classic way or fix the issues with this new format

186th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Classic Mail is better -- please let us keep it

I have continued using Classic Mail for as long as I can because the overall look works so much better for me:

1. I can see more of my folders and emails on the screen. The list of folders on the left is more compact.
    2. "Smart Views" stays hidden -- I don't have to change it each time like I do with "Views" in the new Mail. (Disabling this altogether would be even better.)
    3. The tabs at the top take up less space.
    4. The themes are more pleasing, IMO.

Please consider keeping Classic Mail available for those…

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Too many ads!!!

Ad overload. I don't mind ads, but your interface takes it to new extremes, especially when I try check a folder with no messages in it.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  850 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. S T O P changing the layout of yahoo email !!!! Change for the sake of change is NOT good and serves no purpose!

S T O P changing the layout of yahoo email !!!! Change for the sake of change is NOT good and serves no purpose! Change just to keep someone employed is STUPID!! LEAVE Yahoo ALONE *******!!!

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  103 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop "You may have overpaid" pop-up

Give us a way to 'opt out' of the pop-up that keeps telling us that "you may have overpaid". I have no interest in the service. I pay for Yahoo mail. I'm sick of dismissing that pop-up!

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  224 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am now unable to load my contacts in an e-mail...please fix this as soon as possible!!!

I can no longer access my contacts list for sending e-mails, either in the "TO", "CC" or "BCC" fields...please fix as soon as possible!!

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want the old format back.

I want the old format back. Too much bother with this one.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  527 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop interferring with my 'experience' by asking for feedback whilst I'm looking at my emails!!

Stop interferring with my 'experience' by asking for feedback whilst I'm looking at my emails!

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  170 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I absolute hate your new format. Too few emails are being displayed. Cannot find Contact list.

Show the contact list. I am not able to find it. Also you are displaying too few emails, on my laptop only five, cannot expand window. I have this new format. How do I go back to the old one?

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

561 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Our engineers are working on incorporating Contacts into the new format. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, you can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the Classic Mail look. You can also access your contacts via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

20. the new format of contacts is totally broken

i noticed you have changed contact, instead of pop up window, you have side bar display now. But it is totally broken. There is no details, i have notes in my contacts also missing. Do you guys have quality control before changing anything????!!!

268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 121 122
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base