Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

382 results found

  1. Speed it up

    The new email is unacceptably slow. Especially deleting emails. There are so many errors. When in an email, and selecting to delete it, it takes about 1 minute to delete the email and return me to the inbox. It's been this way since the new Email launched a month ago or so. Unbearable. It's also super slow to exit an email. If I've double clicked into an email to open it, and want to go back to my inbox, that takes at least 30 seconds. Adding fancy features, and Yahoo made the most basic functionality almost unusable.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If I select ALL emails, I want to see ALL emails. You change it back to PRIMARY every time I read an email... If I want to miss important

    If I select ALL emails, I want to see ALL emails. You change it back to PRIMARY every time I read an email... If I want to miss important emails I will select PRIMARY myself. YOU don't decide who and what is important to me. I am missing important things because YOU don't think they are important. Switch me back to Classic and I will stop ********!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Put the account list at the top left to be visible at all times!!!!

    The list of email accounts needs to be put on the top left so that all are visible all the time. Like the old yahoo mail had. I have multiple accounts and need to be able to glance to see if I have unread email. Putting them on the bottom, I either forget entirely, or have to take several extra steps to access each one.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. make the viewing screen larger

    make the viewing screen larger I absolutely hate the new look. Gonna go back to google email. THX yahoo

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Starred view  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make the inbox/reading pane bigger and add a NORMAL CONTRAST mode

    this is ridiculous, the AD BANNER on the right takes up over half the entire screen, leaving only a tiny column for the first few letters of the folders and just a couple inches of visible area for the inbox and reading pane, and NOW you've added a "SPECIAL OFFERS banner across the entire top half of the screen so the actual inbox pane only shows about 4 emails in the inbox at a time and a few lines of text in an open email - this is completely unacceptable, it is less than 10% of the screen area devoted…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expand the # of spam emails that may be blocked.

    1,000 is too limited considering the amount of spam emails that are sent. At least this should be expanded for folks paying a premium for Yahoo Plus. Thank you.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delete box at top.

    The delete box doesn't stay at the top of my inbox when I start to click all the messages I want to delete, with the result I have to delete each email separately. This never used to be a problem in the past. I use Mac Golden Gate 27.0

    Thanks!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow to search the In Box alone

    I have tried to search the in box only and I have have not being able to do it. The old version allowed me to do it. The new version allow me to search individual folders but not the inbox itself. So when I make a search w/o specifying a folder it give all files found in all the folders. As a result of this I have deleted files that I have saved in individual folders. Too bad!!!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. more than one mail address

    I miss having 2 mail boxes available on the same page. How do I continue this again?
    Cal

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Return 'picture size' small or large to E-mail.

    Why did you take away a working-well feature and DID NOT replace it or improve upon it??? How STUPID!!!!!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No more add mailto I do not need it

    no more add mailto for my mail box I do not need it nor want it

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make the inbox/reading pane area BIGGER and add a normal contrast option

    this is ridiculous - the AD banner on the right takes up almost two thirds of the entire screen, leaving only a narrow column for the inbox/reading pane - so it won't display more than 4 or 5 words at a time, and now you've added and EXTRA add banner across the top half of the inbox so it now only shows a few lines at a time - this is beyond unusable. The light grey text on the off-white background makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE to read - why can't you provide a NORMAL CONTRAST mode like black text on…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar Text Color Coding

    What happed to the ability to color code RED / YELLOW / GREEN on the type pull down tab when you are creating or editing a calendar event???

    The function is still in the "type" pull down tab but does not work. This function used to color code the text whichever color you pick.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please stop deleting my emails.

    Please stop deleting my emails. If you delete my emails I can't use the account for anything other than junk / spam.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My Yahoo Mail account can send and receive emails internally, but it is not receiving external emails from Gmai

    My Yahoo Mail account can send and receive emails internally, but it is not receiving external emails from Gmail, Outlook, or Supercell. I checked Spam, blocked addresses, filters, and storage, and there is no issue there. Please check whether incoming external mail is being blocked or delayed for my account.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop the banner to add yahoo mail as an application

    Stop the banner to add yahoo mail as an application. That application is useless, does not bring anything except taking space on the taskbar. Beside, even installing that app does not remove the popup.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Yahoo mail web browser

    I have had my email with yahoo for 10+ years. Because Yahoo has made the email experience less user friendly. I will be abandoning this account and moving to Gmail. I should be able to drag my emails into my folders within my inbox.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. restore deleted folders

    I had folders for every important event in my life such as information on large purchases such as a house and every communication about selling my house. I also had communications with the IRS about my taxes and donations. I would like all my folders restored.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make the stars yellow again

    That weird awful brown star color is ridiculous, and it does not easily catch the eye.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?