Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arrgggh!!! I cannot add $$cash holdings to portfolio.

I cannot add cash holdings. The new format layout UX is dreadful. When I enter the $$ Cash symbol in the add Symbol drop down it does not recognize it making it impossible to add cash holdings.

The new format layout UX and UI is dreadful.

251st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It doesn't work!!!!!!

This system hasn't worked since you changed it. So agravating

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear that. So that we can investigate this, can you please provide more detail on what you’re experiencing?

If you’re coming across any error messages or only encountering issues in a certain web browser, please let us know!

Thank you!
    Finance Support

3. Qatar Riyal

Whya Qatar Riyal doesn't exist in currencies list in the Currency Converter page?
    https://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multiple Charts stacked up at once, just like the good ole days!

Years ago, before you guys "updated" the Yahoo Finance site... You used to be able to type in a bunch of tickers, and get stacked up charts (e.g. 3 months, or 6 months, or 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr) charts of all the stocks entered. Now you have to look at one f-ing chart at a time?! Is that progress?! No. Please give us the ability to get multiple charts on multiple stocks, over the same time frame, all at once, stacked up, just like the older generations of Yahoo-Finance used to be able to produce pronto. Why was that feature…

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Go back to the old format, at least give the option for a weekly view for econ. Also, before there was a rating of importance, not anymore.

Go back to the old format, it was much better. at least give the option for a weekly view for economic data. Also, before there was a rating of importance of the event, not anymore.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow "Beta" for stocks to be selectable in "Customized View"

For the more conservative investor,
    the "Beta" for a stock is very useful
    when deciding on whelter to establish a new position in a stock.

although this parameter is shown in the view views for individual stocks,
    it is not available in portfolio views.

Having it available for customized views
    would be breatly appreciated.

BTW,
    it is very difficult to search for this kind of "Beta"
    as almost all searches find the YahooFinance program version of Beta

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is no Option Price for September 6, 2017 Call Option VOLATILITY S&P 500 (^VIX). Can you please include this?

There is no Option Price for September 6, 2017 Call Option VOLATILITY S&P 500 (^VIX).

Can you please include this?

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. stochastic indicator needs inputs for smoothing periods

The Stochastic Indicator needs to allow inputs for the smoothing periods as it did on the previous charts. Stochastic Momentum Indicator does allow the inputs, but the simple Stochastic Indicator does not.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How about you guys fix the math on our portfolios?

Do what you have to do to fix the math on the portfolios

40th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It is now 11:45PM, Monday, Aug 7, 2017 and Yahoo! is still reporting last Friday's prices for all of my mutual funds.

It is now 11:45PM, Monday, Aug 7, 2017 and Yahoo! is still reporting last Friday's prices for all of my mutual funds. This site is no longer very useful. I had to go to MarketWatch.com to get the correct prices and then do all the Lot Value calculations by hand. This has been a frequent problem recently. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

493rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inconsistency Between Yahoo & Google Data

Recently, I had reason to look up prices from years ago. I have found a discrepancy between the Yahoo and Google Finance sites. For example, the stock Merck (MRK) has the following outputs for 07/12/1995 from each site:
    Yahoo: High= 24.94, Low=24.25, Close=49.50, Volume= 5,798,000
    Google: High=23.62, Low=22.96, Close=23.44, Volume= 5,861,000

The differences are not great (the Yahoo "Close" must be divided by 2 because of a stock split), but they are disturbing. If some data are known to be wrong, how can we have confidence in other data presented? Which site is correct? More importantly, how are the data…

493rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No economic Events

There are no economic events shown for the week of 8/6/17.

395th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 94th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Holdings info (Number of Shares and Price Paid) changes to incorrect values

When using the Yahoo finance for our stock portfolio monitoring, the data in the portfolio has changed and it shows invalid data now. I would correct it then save it again then a few minutes later it shoe incorrect data. Example, if I have bought 100 yahoo shares at $50 and I enter this data in my portfolio then later I the day I check it shows I have 300 shares of yahoo at $8.
    Not sure what is going on can someone please help. Thank you.

493rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. option chains are no longer complete

the option chains are no longer complete and the portfolio app is completely worthless on mobile platform. This is one pair of eyeballs you lost

493rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your Yahoo Finance Summary chart and Full Screen chart is missing and not showing

Facing this Yahoo Finance Summary chart and full screen chart is missing and not showing at all. Just white blank page. It has been like this for several days. July 17, 2017 Monday

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you display quotes for equities and ETFs on the Aequitas Neo market?

One of the ETFs in my portfolio (CLU.C) has moved from the TSX to the Aequitas Neo market, and now the price is not being updated in Yahoo Finance. Would it be possible to get this fixed so that equities on the Aequitas Neo market are updated along with all others?

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The portfolio lot 'cash' value changes sometimes. Very frustrating.

The portfolio lot 'cash' value changes sometimes. Very frustrating.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. at the very least how about correcting the problem where by the $ amt shows however not the individual holdings. very poor.

why haven't you been able to fix the problem whereby the $ amt of the portfolio shows however none of the entries appear. this was a much better site before, which apparently is the complaint of many users, someone decided to make the changes? Please correct this ongoing problem.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base