Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow multiple holdings of the same security to be displayed separtely in all views in Portfolios

I have separate taxable, retirement, and HSA holdings in the same security (same ticker symbol). These need to be, and should be tracked and displayed separately-- and not jammed all together as different lots of the same investment (which they are not). Your present Portfolios offering doesn't allow this -- although your previous Portfolios version did. Saying look under MY HOLDINGS is also not an acceptable or realistic alternative. Adding this flexibility when needed should be dirt simply for any competent programmer. Present Portolios is useless to me because of this flaw.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see the earnings table listed alphbetically, it's not easy to find a stock your looking for on your earnings pages.

alphabetize the earnings daily instead of random, make it easy to find the stock your looking for, not difficult.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. bring back industry browser

Bring back the industry browser in Yahoo Finance

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cash entries should be allowed to count towards overall Gain

I know you can enter $$CASH lots to track your cash, but there are 2 kinds of cash:

1. If I sold a stock and want the gain/loss to be included in my portfolio TOTAL GAIN (and %).
    2. Cash that is just sitting in my account and has no impact on gain.

There used to be a way to specify the Gain so that it is included in the Total Gain calculation. Please bring that back!

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I'd like to see more discussion around the Russell Two Thousand in your original programming.

Include the Russell Two Thousand more frequently in your original programming (Market Movers, Midday Movers, Final Round) when discussing indexes. There are a lot of people that trade the Russell.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Balance Sheet

Change Net Tangible Assets to Net Intangible Assets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    On the balance sheet under equity where "Net Tangible Assets" is listed to subtract intangible assets from equity.

I believe it should say "Net Intangible Assets".

Thanks, I Yahoo finance is incredibly helpful!

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lost portfolio sort order

I have spent hours setting the order of stocks in my portfolio. Then I was adding a new sock and the entire portfolio became alphabetized. How can I recover the order I set? I hate the drag and drop and would suggest that you use a number as the sort key.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Actual Investment

In the “My Holdings” column on the left side of the home screen, I’d also love to see the actual cost of the investments I’ve made. If I can only see my overall balance, it could be quite misleading.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have draw lines to be synced to Yahoo account so they can sync across the app and other computers.

I draw support/resistance/trend lines on my computer, but it sucks that all that is stored on my 1 laptop. It would be great that if I log onto Yahoo with another computer or my android/iOS phone, I can view it. That will definitely help when I'm trading on the go.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. earnings calendar

Add the ability to sort the day's earnings announcements by market capitalization. NASDAQ has this and its very very useful.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. my yahoo - Totals

Allow totals to show up in My Yahoo for each portfolio and for all portfolios on the My Yahoo screen like it used to.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to delete a portfolio

Responding to Product Support Admin to my previous post:
    http://email.feedback-poweredby.uservoice.com/c/eJyFUElqxDAQfI1986BWa7EOPgyE-YZpbbaIRxpkOZDfRySnOQX6UNQG1X7hDCSNaZEWJfOA5C3EFTiRQ-YYuCDAADo9CHadoX6V5MLNlee49wwoFolZy1CDNxCxl0jpjWRggY3Hsrf2Oge8D_zR75v2Um5vNZ2NpV7PswOcudF6iilTdqET57Vt4Wyp5F9ZKG24mKcrkz3C1MrkwxFamGh6ldpiOVIZ8NEquc-Ut9UVHwb8cJ6U0miFmDEGJWdjFAUQWjCHPLLxLbD8a69LXRtlX3L_yd-kPuQHcbRmxQ

... as comments were closed.

The article cited to use the latest browser version, disabling add-ons, ensuring javascript is enabled etc.; these efforts have not worked.

I made another significant observation. The "delete portfolio" item in Settings is missing only in the most recent portfolio I created. The name of this portfolio is "Newest". The "delete portfolio" item is present, however, in all of my old portfolios. It's just that I had not noticed it, as I had no reason to delete the old portfolios.

The same observation has been…

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Split or filter the lawsuit announcements out from the regular press releases.

Split or filter the lawsuit announcements out from the regular press releases. The ambulance chasers make it difficult to see/use the real press releases since they are flooding the feed.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow from Portfolio screen selection of one or multiple symbols for graphing purposes. Default graph (period, etc) could be set/modified.

Allow from Portfolio screen selection of one or multiple symbols for graphing purposes. Default graph (period, etc) could be set/modified by user.

68th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Conversations' dialog box resizing issue

After expanding a dialog box within conversations in order to better see what's been typed, the dialog box should maintain its new size, if the "BACK SPACE" key is used to delete text that's no longer desired or to edit for any other reason.

Currently, if the "BACK SPACE" key is used, the dialog box begins to resize back to its original size, as soon as the "BACK SPACE" key is applied. That is very impractical and **VERY ANNOYING**, when one wants to continue viewing prior text for referencing, while continuing to write.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Good Evening, on the stream where you show the DOW, NAS, S&P etc you show currencies of EU, Great Britain, Japan

Good Evening, on the Yahoo front page you stream the current numbers for the DOW, NAS, S&P, and the currencies of Great Britain, Japan, Euro, yet you don't show the current rate for the Canadian Dollar, WHY? Canada after all is USA's either first or second largest trading partner with over a BILLION Dollars a day in trade between the two countries.
    Cheers Bob 7/16/18

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. change the msg boards

Change the finance msg boards so hat the "Top reactions" show the ones with the most replies and the "Newest reactions" show the newest "message" whether or not it's a "reaction'.

Better yet, take the message board back to the format that existed 3 years ago!!!!!!!

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base