Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The 50 and 200 DMA Chg % fields for EURUSD are not correctly computed.

I believe that Yahoo Finance is giving the correct price for the EUR to USD conversion, but reporting the DMA % change of the inverse conversion. If the price has gone up, the change is negative and viceversa.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. decimal places for lot value goes is not consistently two spaces

Under the 'lot value', if I have fractional shares, the decimal places go out to FOUR decimal places. It doesn't line up properly and I don't need to know that the value of the shares is $6,991.0112. $6,991.01 will suffice. Thanks.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please bring back the old views

I really don't want to make this too complicated. The old Yahoo layout was much clearer, the finance stats, the charts, the message boards, the currency exchange rates, the news was related to the company with no adds. The new site is even slow with adds and videos, and as a day trader you don't have time for this. Where are the seeking alpha articles? What happened to the percentage movers page the first 15 minutes of the trading day-- that is now not even showing? Just a complete and total ***** up from Yahoo -- and I have actually…

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Go back to the old Font..this new bold condensed font is difficult to read caused eye fatigue!!!!!

OCT 5 2017 new font. Why????
    Go back to the old Font..this bold condensed font is DIFFICULT to read causing eye fatigue!!!!! I am a graphic designer specializing in typography from RISD so PLEASE take it form me..go back to the original font.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks.

When you revert to the old formats, one change is needed. Allow an option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks. It takes a lot time to create each one individually IF you don't want to use the current date

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Main Finance page should show Day Change % next to portfolio Name

On main finance.yahoo.com page, the right shows our Portfolios. Would love to see the day change in % right next to the name of the portfolio so I don't have to open the port just to see how I'm doing against the market which is already at the top of that page.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HD190118C00110000 does not show up

The above call option is valid but does not show up in Yahoo

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back the old "performance view". The latest view deleted much useful info!

Bring back the old "performance view". The latest view deleted much useful info!

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. my stock and mutual fund charts do not show up when I click on them since the chart change dmbender@ucla.edu

charts of stocks and mutual funds don't show up when clicked on since new charts put in place dmbender@ucla.edu

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. profolio summary % is wrong

$1,390,919.74
    Day Gain
    +1,924.72 (+16.20 %)

that's some funky math

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide correct NYSE stock quotes

Frankly, recently a few Yahoo Finance stock quotes have not been agreeing with NYSE posted last prices - hard to see a reason for that.

170th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide all Desktop Version Functionality to your Mobile Version!!!!

The Mobile Version of Yahoo Finance has been so stripped down that is has been rendered almost useless. There is no access to Conversations, Profile, Financial, Options, Holders, Historical Data tabs as there is in the full Desktop Version. If you don't want to make a good Mobile Version, fine. But at least take away the automatic redirect to the Mobile Version. Please allow users the ability to use the Desktop Version on their mobile devices. It's up to me whether the image is too small or not, I can decide for myself. I don't need Yahoo forcing me to…

427th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to successfully compare recently viewed & default stocks in full screen charts

CAN'T COMPARE DATA, totally broken in last day using chrome

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Really sorry about this! I’ve contacted our Engineering Team and they’re investigating now. I appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Finance Support

15. 305th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. portfolio rounding error

Please correct the rounding errors on portfolios over $1,000,000

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On larger portfolios, it often goes back to the top of the page when I use the back arrow.

For example, if I add a lot to stock number 35 in a 50 stock portfolio, when I'm done it takes me back to the top of the portfolio instead of staying on stock 35. This is very annoying when working with stocks in the bottom half of a large portfolio.

532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use adjusted value for reporting the 52-week high for mutual funds

When reporting the 52-week high for mutual funds please use the adjusted value. Otherwise you end up with a false % change whenever there happens to have been dividend payments.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do you plan to adjust the historical data? There is a huge jump after the merger.

Do you plan to adjust the historical data for DD, now DWDP? There is a huge jump after the merger. Thanks. You are doing a good job now on finance.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Robinhood Brokerage Account Option

I noticed that the yahoo finance app allows you to trade from all sort of popular brokerages that cost money. In a mobile-driven world, would it makes sense to not add the most popular and most entry-level trading application, Robinhood, as one of the brokerage account options? You're missing a huge market of individuals who use Robinhood more than they do Yahoo FInance.

153rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base