Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

360 results found

  1. add a NORMAL CONTRAST option to make the text readable, increase the inbox/message area

    this is ridiculous - this NEW Yahoo mail is HORRIBLE - the AD BANNER on the side takes up almost two-thirds of the entire screen, leaving only a narrow column for the inbox and reading emails - you can't even see more than 40 characters wide to read a complete sentence at a time!!! the AD BANNER across the top makes it even worse, so now there is only a tiny box where you can only see a few lines, it is literally three times the amount of screen dedicated to ads than actual content and majes it aggravatingly unusable.

    …

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. digital help desk

    Please have some kind of digital help available, With the switch to the new format I lost 1 and a half years of emails from my account, and there is no way to get help, how to get them back!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bad for my eyes!

    This layout is very difficult for me to use. After 30 years of Yahoo mail, I guess I'll just have to drop it.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. below

    Why can I no longer import contacts manually from Comcast to Yahoo? I did yesterday but can't today.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reduce inbox spacing

    If the spacing between messages was reduced it would be easier to see more messages on one page.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just leave the thing alone and sack the people who keep playing with it!

    Having the original dark blue border focuses the eye on the e-mails. Now it is all white nothing stands out so it becomes a chore to use.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Help

    I have been through the help section with no luck. it said to send feedback to help me get my email back I am not able to use it due to old laptop and slow connection. i keep clicking on mail that is scams and not doing well . I am old and this isn't working for me. I am so scared now I will be a hacking victim because yahoo isn't giving me my email back I need to be able to switch back to basic mail but I dont' have that option on the settings. please please help…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Return the "Yesterday" and "Last Week" headings in the list of one's emails.

    Previously in one's list of emails there was a heading inserted in the list saying "Yesterday" for ones more than a day old and another one later in the list saying "Last Week" for emails more than a week old. These headings were very helpful when trying to find an older email by quickly being able to go to the section where the email might be. I would also add a "Last Month" heading for the same reason.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. bring the old one again as you did before

    why are you pushing this version that nobody likes?

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. remove the advertisement column at the right hand side!

    remove the advertisement column at the right hand side!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My email, tsrsnyder@frontier.com, seems like it has been hacked.

    As of this morning, 10/2/26 am, my Frontier inbox only receives emails from Access Hunters or Spvalids Checker that state each email is encrypted. All of my emails for the past 6 weeks (Aug 15th to Oct 2nd) have also been deleted !!! How do I get those emails back and how do I access my incoming emails that are getting encrypted. I just sent an email from my Yahoo.com email account to my Frontier email account and it is encrypted !!! Please stop this from continuing. I need this email address to function correctly so I can communicate with…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get rid of the starred messages area

    On my small laptop, the starred view takes up a lot of space that I would like to be able to see the email snippets. You need to make it optional or give me choices about how to layout my mail view that includes not having that starred view on the side.

    I also don't like the hidden way I choose to look at my different email addresses. I liked being able to see how many messages I had in each mailbox at a glance. Now I have to hover over a menu. I hate hovering menus.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Starred view  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow us to have all our folders stay visible!

    allow us to have all our folders stay visible! its the only reason im still using Yahoo, and this update took it away from me!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Put mailboxes back where they were

    Could you put the multiple mailboxes BACK where they were instead of being stuck in the bottom left? Also, the ability to organize and rearrange the order of the mailboxes would be very very very very much appreciated.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want basic yahoo email

    Your new changes are full of fluff and not compatible for quick reviews. The colors are totally distracting. I cannot see as many of my emails as I used to. they take up too much room AND I can't get rid of the right panel of Ads that keep me from reading my complete email. You have added something saying "UNSUBSRIBE" when i am trying to read the header line highlighted. NOT COOL Definitely not happy that you changed something that has worked so well for me for years. Now I have to relearn moves that used to be automatic.…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't force the TERRIBLE "new" version of yahoo mail on me & others. Thanks.

    You forced some new version of yahoo on my sister's account & I saw how HORRIBLE it is so I do NOT want you to force the TERRIBLE NEW version on me Thanks. Again: Don't force the TERRIBLE "new" version of yahoo mail on me & others. Thanks.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. search needs improvement

    I search my email a lot and the search is getting "stuck" in the tabs then duplicating itself, so it fills up the tabs quickly and then drafting new emails becomes difficult. The only way to clear it is to refresh the page, but I shouldn't have to do that constantly. Sometimes I want to go back to a search later and this issue is making it difficult.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the thing match what your popup blurb says about it

    Edit: OK, even better than all that, there wasn't any indication or warning that this was going to be shared publicly (rather than sent only to the Yahoo team) when I clicked on the "feedback" button next to the "settings" one. Make of that what you will.

    Anyhoo:

    So I got a popup when I opened my mail today, inviting me to look at what's new and all that (thought you changed the interface weeks ago now? Bit late to start crowing about it...). It looked like mildly good news, like you'd taken on board criticism of the heinous, enforced…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 … 6 8 10 … 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?