Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exportable draft/team rosters

I realize that Yahoo cannot anticipate/account for all possible league setups. However, giving us a one-click setting to export (as csv and/or Excel format)
    1) the previous year's draft
    2) end-of-year rosters
    Would cut down on a good bit of manual work that I (and surely other commissioners) have to undertake every season.

For example, many keeper leagues have a cost associated with each keeper. While there some variations that are automated within the Yahoo management system, there are several that are not:
    1) keepers are kept in the round they were originally drafted
    2) keepers are kept in the…

89th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional Win/Loss Based On Weekly Points

In addition to one's head to head matchup, there should be a win or loss based on your points for the week. If a team scores in the top half of the league, they should get a win (bottom half- loss). Therefore every week a team would have two results (2-0, 1-1, or 0-2). It seems like every week I hear someone complain that he or she had the 2nd highest score in a league but lost because they played against the highest scorer. This system would take the luck out of the regular season, and more accurately determine the…

82nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fantasy Football Playoff FORMAT CUSTOMIZATION

Need the ability to be able to customize the playoff FORMAT beyond the number of teams and reseeding. I.E. The ability to have multi-week playoff matchups (semis head-to-head matchup for both week 13 and 14 then championship is weeks 15 and 16) or even the ability in a 6 team playoff structure for the top 4 high scores for the first week advance to the semis then the top 2 scores in the semis advance to the championship. Really any additional customization ability in the playoffs would be GREAT. Thanks.

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drop the can't cut list

Stop this stupid rule. Why am I forced to keep player that is not playing due to hold out, etc. I should decide what players to keep and get rid of. No player should be so important that you are force to keep. Only rule that has really bothered me over the years..

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improved free agency process

Currently the waiver wire process requires a choice, we can either run the FAAB process every night and not allow pickups on Sundays before the games, or we can run FAAB once a week but have pickups in a free-for-all format throuhgout the entire week.

My league (and assume most others) would like an option to run FAAB every night and have add/drops on Sunday morning in case of injury announcements. CBS and many other websites have already implemented this. Yahoo has the best overall interface out there but my league may have to switch if the waiver rules remain…

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Every Team Plays Every Team Every Week

n Yahoo's review of each week's game, Yahoo reports "If this team had played every team each week, its record would be ..."
    That's interesting to read.
    It would also be fun to play.
    Just move it from the weekly review to the league's standings.
    Then sit back and think about how much CPU and data storage is saved by not having to generate and store a league schedule for every league.

83rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. POSITION LIMITS PLEASE

PLEASE CREATE POSITION LIMITS FOR ROSTERS

89th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fractional scoring for field goals, awarding points for the precise yardage of each FG.

Each field goal kicked would yield the precise number points for the yardage. Example: a 36 yard field goal would be worth 3.6 points; a 66 yard field goal would be worth 6.6.

This would be very, very easy to implement. And all commissioners could be given the option to utilize fractional scoring or the old system.

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to commission/manage leagues you don't play in

Background - I have been managing my league using Yahoo for the past 6 years. In that time, the demand to be in my league became so popular amongst friends & coworkers (mainly because there's a trophy) that I eventually expanded into 2 12-man leagues (A & B). Unique Rules: You can only win the trophy in League A. The teams to make the playoffs (top 6 teams) in League B move into League A next season. The teams that don't make the playoffs (bottom 6) in League A drop down into League B next season.
    Main Point - Since…

86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Convert To Cash League Option Fields

"The new Convert to a Cash League option is awesome and will now save me the hassle of collecting the cash myself. However, the fields are not able to be customized. Will this option be added or can you add a few fields from the below list. This is what our leagues pays out on and i find it to be a lot more interesting as teams tend to play till the end to collect the cash.

100 - ENTRY FEE
    750 - 1st place
    100 - 2nd place (entry fee returned)
    50 - division winner
    50 - division winner …

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Trading Auction Budget Money

Can there be a feature added to trade auction budget money for future seasons in auction keeper leagues. If you can trade picks in standard league I don't see why you can't trade draft budget money also.

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the "if you played everyone each week" stat in the weekly recaps

Bring back the "if you played everyone each week" stat in the weekly recaps. They were a good way to judge how well your team is doing and better than most stats in the "StatSmack"

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Playoff Setting of 7 Teams/1 Bye

Can you guys please add a playoff setting of 7 teams, 1 bye.
    where the top overall seed of the regular season were to earns a bye for the first round of the playoffs instead of playing the 8th seed. after the first round bye the #1 seed would play the winner of the #4 and #5 seed matchup in the 2nd round. while the rest of the playoffs continues the same as if it were on an 8 team playoff setting.

It would be nice to add an incentive to be the top overall seed but I feel like…

92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Head to head vs. each team in league

Provide an additional head-to-head option where you play against each time in the league, if you have lowest score you would be 0-9 that week, best score 9-0, etc.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. LIFETIME STATS

I would like yahoo to add in our profile our lifetime records win/loss vs teams we have in our leagues especially the same teams we play with every season...would be cool to look back and see my overall record vs a team and it would be cool to have that in the weekly matchup...just another stat i think yahoo players would love to see.

89th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a "draft board" view for offline draft entry

For offline drafts, can you create a "draft board" view to enter draft picks. Our league would prefer to project the draft board during our draft and manually enter the picks. Currently the format is not very user-friendly and does not appear as a draft board, forcing us to purchase a paper board and then go back and enter draft results at a later time. This would save a lot of time and be an awesome feature for offline drafts!!

97th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fractional Points for Field Goals

Clearly, there needs to be fractional points for kicking. It's criminal that kickers can bang through 5 FG's, but not get the fractional points they deserve. A field goal should be at minimum 3 points. starting from 31 yards, they should then go up in value, i.e. 3.1 pts for a 31 yarder, 5.2 for a 52 yarder. and there should be an option for 60+ yarders, considering that while they don't happen that often, should be recognized. could help steal a game for someone that would have otherwise lost. kickers are often over-looked, and thought of as not a…

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you please create a couple options for CFL football?

Possibly create a pickem CFL Pool involving a spread in some way and or a league head to head Pool involving drafting players the same as the current NFL league pool runs.

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please allow commissioners to link leagues (in same season)

I run the OklahomIraqis League (okiraqi.org), which Yahoo highlighted previously (http://www.okiraqi.org/uploads/3/4/9/2/3492896/yahoo-svg.png). We have three 14-team "conferences" that have their champions compete in Week 17 for an overall championship. There has been a lot of talk recently of moving to MyFantasyLeague.com due to the ability to have all three of our conferences (with separate player pools) under one league banner, with a Week 17 overall championship. Yahoo has been great to us since 2006 though, and I'm very loyal. I at least want the ability to "link" the three leagues under one league link so that everyone could easily…

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Justin, thanks very much for your feedback. We’re here to provide the best fantasy sports experience possible for you and your leaguemates. Linking leagues is not currently on our product roadmap, but I will pass the request to our product team.

Thanks for playing Yahoo Fantasy
    Yahoo Product Support

20. Make Kickers more exciting by adding scoring elements

1. Each Touchback. Give them a point. Not a huge play, but it's nice not to worry about the return, as always for any team.

2. Game-Winning field goal (doubler?) (if is last score resulting in win).

3. Kicker makes tackle. That could be tough on Yahoo's data collection system, but boy is that a critical play. Kicker probably just saved the team the TD. Worth at least 3-4 points.

4. Onside Kick Successful. Worth at least as much as a fumble recovery, 3-4 points.

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base