Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on

links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on so i can track which stories i've already reviewed

160th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. day's gain

The previous day's gain on a particular stock should be cleared once the next day's trading session has begun. Without doing this, mutual funds make this number meaningless.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where's the black X button to close a full story and return me to previous place in the list of articles?

The black circle with an X that used to appear in the top right hand corner of a full story is now absent....hitting the "back" arrow on safari browser returns me the the top of the preceding summary page rather than where I left off in the list of articles.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the dollar daily change for a portfolio.

In the app, it would be helpful to show the dollar daily change for a portfolio, not just the percentage change. This was available in the old version of the app.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. how do I get rid of the Motley Fool ??

Please get rid of the Motley Fool...it is just another form of advertising.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. alert

I would like to be able to set alerts, to add notes to a holding, and to set low limits and high limits.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. dividend reported wrong-MMLP

The annual dividend for MMLP is being reported incorrectly.
    It should be $1.00 per year as per their latest payments of $0.25 per quarter.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Do the people at YAHOO FINANCE stay up nights wondering how to make the experience even worse?

1) Quotes are difficult or impossible to get using the search feature. For example I typed in "MCD" and it wants to give me details on "M" or "MC"

2) Difficult to make changes to the portfolio, too many steps involved (ie: leave whatever screen you are in, go to "my holdings", click "add symbol", click "expand/collapse all" …..

3) Too many fake or distracting ads

4) It would be nice to be able to print out a chart

5) The "export" feature is glitchy at best

6) How can I turn off the "TRADE" feature? I DO NOT WANT…

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Interviews with Market Makers and Movers

Your Yahoo Finance live market day video QUALITY and RELIABILITY are LEGENDARY and 1000% better than CNBCPro, but you NEED to get interviews with more market makers movers and shakers like Jeff Gundlach, FOMC members, etc. because your content has too much "millenial blah blah blah" filler.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Night Mode

Please provide a night mode black background screen for both desktop and mobile Yahoo Finance.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OK to trust your "Day's Range"?

"Day's Range", today 0610 you show PINS hi as 27.74, but per your own chart & other online resources today's hi was 28.95 -- ok to trust your "Day's Range"?

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Class Action Lawsuits for Individual Stocks

Class Action Lawsuits for Individual Stocks
    When researching a stock it seems like when there's a lawsuit the law firms spam the news so they are always on top. To me this is not news - more like spam or advertising. Any chance you can remove them or limit them. thank you!

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Where are the date of 02/05/2019 and 03/05/2019?

Where are the date of 02/05/2019 and 03/05/2019?

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yahoo Finance

Today at 12.00 noon on 10 June I can only get access to prices at the close of business on 7 June. This sort of unreliability is unacceptable.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. price animation effect (rolling digits)

I dislike this new rolling digits price animations in the mobile app. They are distracting too much. Why is it there? Why can't it be configurable? I am trading, not refueling my car....

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. INDEX mutual fund (Ticker is INDEX) is showing 5 and 10 yr returns when inception date is 04/30/15

INDEX mutual fund (Ticker is INDEX) is showing 5 and 10 yr returns when inception date is 04/30/15

589th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. hi, please: stop the drop down from the top - over the dang charts

if not mind me saying, i originally posted to google having a drop down so do not have to scroll back up to the search box. 10 years? later google starts using that (?), what happened was everyone else started putting drop downs in your face. Please get rid of the dumb drop downs in yahoo finance, else everywhere.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base