Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

30th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Restrict number of decimals to .00 or .000 so values align properly.

Restrict number of decimals to .00 or .000 in Portfolio so values align properly.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. cannot enter commission costs in portfolio, edit data used to be easier

Originally to edit portfolios all I needed to do was select my portfolio and add date, shares, cost, commissions. Very easy. The current format includes unnecessary information and organization by lots. Not user friendly and no place to include commissions. Useless. I am a finance professor and obviously the programmers have no sense of efficient design in this new format. The old format was sleek, intuitive and easy, which I have been using for over a decade. New=Horrible.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. missing quotes

Since April 29 mid-day, multiple quotes are missing, that is, the symbol appears in the list but the quote field is blank, for example AC.TO, ACAD and AIMC. The list is long and includes the DJIA. Despite multiple screen refreshes (the quote might appear, but then disappears again) the problem remains. The missing quotes on the display screen are, of course, missing from the file downloads. Many quotes are there, but the list of missing quotes is long. EDIT: The Dow Jones (DJIA) continues to appear and disappear. I tried creating a new portfolio with both missing and appearing quotes,…

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Robinhood Brokerage Account Option

I noticed that the yahoo finance app allows you to trade from all sort of popular brokerages that cost money. In a mobile-driven world, would it makes sense to not add the most popular and most entry-level trading application, Robinhood, as one of the brokerage account options? You're missing a huge market of individuals who use Robinhood more than they do Yahoo FInance.

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please change mini-chart color back to white

Why this pointless change to black? You can't even see important parts of the chart now. Do you not have a Q/A process?

Instead of playing around with colors how about fixing the following long-outstanding issues:

AJAX search often retrieves the wrong stock (it used to work perfectly).
    Auto-refresh stalls out.
    Option chain price info often has no correlation to reality.
    Make everything real-time.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Trade Date Display

1. Make trade date display. 2. Stop trade date changes when adding a symbol

Trade Date does not display despite 'checking the box.' 2. After entering Trade Date, the date changes when clicking on another field.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. What happened to the Advance/Decline page??

What happened to the Advance/Decline page?! Many of us use that data for our market indicators. Also, who thought it was a good idea to use an M to denote millions? This makes the data harder to use in a spreadsheet. Please go back to the old format.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove Yahoo Finance Premium advertising from my Yahoo finance screen.

Please allow the removal of the Yahoo Finance Premium options from the personal finance portfolio pages.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop political editorials

Stop with the political editorializing especially by millennials.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Re new charts: color/size schemes are backwards. Price bars should have the weight & bright colors of the volume bars and vice versa.

The price bars are much too narrow and too dull. There is too little contrast to the mildly shaded background which is equally dull as the bars themselves. Hence no contrast either in color or in width which are about the same width as the vertical and horizontal background lines. As a college art instructor, I can tell you that the narrow tertiary color of the bars is unreadable against a tertiary and secondary tinted backdrop. But the volume bars are bold enough to easily see because of its width and use of primary colors. (Since Green is being seen…

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Limit the digits after the period for dollar amounts and percentages to 2 digit. I'm getting things like "17.4837% gain, which is ridiculou

Limit the digits after the period for dollar amounts and percentages to 2 digit. I'm getting things like "17.4837% gain, which is ridiculous. It takes up too much space and is very hard to read and compare with other numbers that don't have so many digits.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feature to select which portfolios to include in My Portfolio totals

Just migrated from AOL. really miss the feature allowing users to select which portfolios to include in totals of main view page. There was a button to click to include in totals. This allowed you to select as many or as few of your portfolios to include in master page total. Please add this feature. Thank you.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My Portfolio isn't displayed in Firefox

My Portfolio isn't displayed (blank pane) in Firefox (64-bit v.57.0.1).

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you’re having this trouble. Do you have an ad blocker enabled? Also, has refreshing the page fixed this?

Let us know if you’re having further trouble.

Best,
    -Finance Support

18. 49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Portfolio Summary

I have 5 portfolios with different brokers. Yahoo Finance allows me to create and maintain 5 separate portfolios. But it does not have any provision to view consolidated position of all the portfolios. It would be nice if you can create this feature.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base