Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

51st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. tezos

XTZ is the Future

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limit the digits after the period for dollar amounts and percentages to 2 digit. I'm getting things like "17.4837% gain, which is ridiculou

Limit the digits after the period for dollar amounts and percentages to 2 digit. I'm getting things like "17.4837% gain, which is ridiculous. It takes up too much space and is very hard to read and compare with other numbers that don't have so many digits.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Feature to select which portfolios to include in My Portfolio totals

Just migrated from AOL. really miss the feature allowing users to select which portfolios to include in totals of main view page. There was a button to click to include in totals. This allowed you to select as many or as few of your portfolios to include in master page total. Please add this feature. Thank you.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My Portfolio isn't displayed in Firefox

My Portfolio isn't displayed (blank pane) in Firefox (64-bit v.57.0.1).

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you’re having this trouble. Do you have an ad blocker enabled? Also, has refreshing the page fixed this?

Let us know if you’re having further trouble.

Best,
    -Finance Support

6. 56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Portfolio Summary

I have 5 portfolios with different brokers. Yahoo Finance allows me to create and maintain 5 separate portfolios. But it does not have any provision to view consolidated position of all the portfolios. It would be nice if you can create this feature.

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On company news feed, please get rid of computer-generated "IHS Markit Score"articles. Useless clutter.

Computer generated articles are abusing Yahoo Finance and your regular users, like myself. Thanks.

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. streaming quotes

streaming quotes

market time column doesnt get updated

all fields should update bid ask size etc etc

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please visit our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) and click ‘Contact Us’ so we can further assist investigating this inquiry by filling out a help form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

11. 273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freeze header rows in portfolio

Cannot find anything on how to freeze the header row when scrolling in Portfolio. With long lists over several pages and numerous columns it would be very useful to retain view of header row at all times. Any backers?

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. decimal places for lot value goes is not consistently two spaces

Under the 'lot value', if I have fractional shares, the decimal places go out to FOUR decimal places. It doesn't line up properly and I don't need to know that the value of the shares is $6,991.0112. $6,991.01 will suffice. Thanks.

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Going off site to read articles

Now I have to click off the site to read a full story? This is so obnoxoius. I click on an article to read it, not to click on another link inside that one to go to a new webpage and read the full story in a different layout.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Yahoo Finance Portfolios export not working on 5/26/20

Export for Finance Portfolios was not working yesterday, 5/26/2020. But it worked perfectly last Friday, 5/22/2020.
    Click export should generate an Excel file, but not anymore.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Incorrect 52wk high/low data

There seems to be a number of symbols with incorrect 52-wk High or Low values. Some are due to incorrect units (£ vs pence) but some are just bad data:

SGLN.L
    RDSB.L
    HOTC.L
    RYA.L
    IAG.L
    CBDP.L
    FLWG.L
    XFVT.L
    VEVE.L
    VFEM.L
    VAPX.L
    VAGP.L

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. dark mode option

Dark mode option is so common

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I have to agree with MANY others that if you want to expend the least effort to restore the most useful

I must agree with most, that you took one of the BEST free portfolio functions on the web and turned it into one of the worst. However, I see the potential to add functionality that, to my knowledge, is only available for a fee or if you have an account with a broker. You may make your way back to the top, again, if you implement these before losing too many users.

For instance, when you open your new portfolio you get a view including multiple lines containing something that looks like dates, prices and quantities of shares traded. This…

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. posting articles that your readers have to have a subscription to read

Please stop posting articles that your readers have to have a subscription to read (e.g., Financial Times). It's very annoying. Thanks

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base