Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making the "Export" feature to download the contents of your "New View"

I like being able to download some of the featured statistics of the stocks in my portfolio. Unfortunately, the current "Export" feature downloads the preset contents only, regardless how many New Views you might have.

I would like to request that the Export download the contents of your "New View." The current preset contents is way too basic and limited.

Thank you.

67th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Several tips - things that don't function properly

1. Make the value of my holdings two decimal places in the portfolio view. If I have fractional shares, the total value should be $4,567.89, not $4,567.8901. They stocks don't line up properly in portfolio view.

2. What happened to my trade/transaction date? That does not show anymore in portfolio view. I see it is there and the column is checked, but it doesn't show any more.

3. Let me go to MY defaul view, not your Summary View. And get rid of that freaking 4-step box every time I go to the view.

4. I can't reorder my stocks to show properly on…
    67th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo finance app and site comments don't work

20 hours ago all comments on every stock stopped showing any comments on the yahoo finance app and site on mobile.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Dark Mode option to yahoo finance pages

Please add Dark Mode option to yahoo finance pages

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. yahoo finance portfolios do not show dollar total or percent gain

yahoo finance portfolios do not show dollar total or percent gain

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Portfolios won't update!! I've tried 4 different browsers.

Portfolios won't update!! I've tried 4 different browsers.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. international Customers

Allow International customers to buy/purchase Yahoo Premium, as of today if your address is not in the US there is no way to enter the "State" part of the address requirement. Perhaps an option to enter first the Country and then the State would fix this limitation.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premium acc purchase

Give an opportunity for non-US customers to purchase premium access

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stock price alerts

I'd like to have a watchlist of specific stocks and designate a specific price for each one. When the market price reaches a specific target price, I'd like the option of 1) a pop-up message telling me that stock has reached that specific price, and 2) an e-mail alert with the same information. This feature should be available on both desktop and mobile versions of Y-F. Currently I have an Excel spreadsheet with each selected stock and a target price for each one, but I have to manually review my watchlist prices and compare against my spreadsheet targets. Having an…

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback . We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

10. yahoo finance web showing 'portfolio currency' problem started on Feb 8 2019, abruptly total sum switched from CAD to USD

"no" , problem still exists , saga continues. BTW, You don't even need to ask me if problem persist. just try and see for yourself.

1-create a dummy yahoo email id
    2-then login to canada ca.finance.yahoo.com
    3-create a portfolio with single entry ie. even cash ie 100 $
    4-once you save, you ll see all reported in usd you cant change it.

When you fix this it means it is fixed. also click and try to edit currency it will not be possible.

Thanks for the reply.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Negative lot amounts

When I sell a part of a position, I used to account for it by entering a new lot with a negative amount of shares. Apparently this option was recently
    prohibited, it asks to enter a positive number. Please return the possibility to enter a negative amount.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Percent of portfolio for each holding

PLEASE just put a % or portfolio option so I can see the weighting of each stock. It's not that hard. You know the portfolio TMV, so it's just a super easy calculation. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I'm constantly asking myself, what percent is that of the total MV of this portfolio.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. my yahoo - Totals

Allow totals to show up in My Yahoo for each portfolio and for all portfolios on the My Yahoo screen like it used to.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. COntent is the king

Provide more content to finance site than losing it competition. Yahoo was the pioneer of the online financial data. With new management you should improve with more market data and stock related content and take it back to old glory. With Google finance is gone, Yahoo can re position itself as a leader in this segment. My two cents.

426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Interactive Charts

Redesign of Interactive Charts there are settings that cause the display to only display a single bar esp when using the +/- feature at bottom of chart//All it does is show a single bar at any timeframe an you cannot seem to undo it//once in a while it unlocks but mostly useless because it returns to the bad mode in some sort of memory mode

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get rid of the banner stating 'Try our new charting experience and share your thoughts': it's covers up the dates!!!!!!!

The banner is covering up the calendar dates at the bottom of the chart, so makes it practically useless. Do you guys ever beta these 'improvements'?

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base