Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data not updated

Please can you update historical prices for the 4th October 2019. It skips from the 3rd to the 7th Oct

277th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Historical data missing for 10/4/2019

Historical data is missing for Friday, 10/4/2019 for every ticker I've tried. For example, the SP 500:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EGSPC/history?p=%5EGSPC

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. yahoo! Finance Historical Quotes is missing last Friday's Data: 10/4/2019

Yahoo Finance is a great utility. Historical Quotes is one of the features I use quite often.

So I was surprised to see data missing for Friday, October 4, 2019 (it is now Oct 7, 2019 and data for that date is provided).

I don't know if someone forgot to do an update on Friday (Oct 4, 2019) or if this is just a glitch so I thought I would offer it up and hope that the problem gets resolved.

Thanks in advance!

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stock price alerts

I'd like to have a watchlist of specific stocks and designate a specific price for each one. When the market price reaches a specific target price, I'd like the option of 1) a pop-up message telling me that stock has reached that specific price, and 2) an e-mail alert with the same information. This feature should be available on both desktop and mobile versions of Y-F. Currently I have an Excel spreadsheet with each selected stock and a target price for each one, but I have to manually review my watchlist prices and compare against my spreadsheet targets. Having an…

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback . We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

5. Negative lot amounts

When I sell a part of a position, I used to account for it by entering a new lot with a negative amount of shares. Apparently this option was recently
    prohibited, it asks to enter a positive number. Please return the possibility to enter a negative amount.

67th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. hi, please: stop the drop down from the top - over the dang charts

if not mind me saying, i originally posted to google having a drop down so do not have to scroll back up to the search box. 10 years? later google starts using that (?), what happened was everyone else started putting drop downs in your face. Please get rid of the dumb drop downs in yahoo finance, else everywhere.

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. historical prices no longer include dates

My idea is to include a column of dates with the prices. Groundbreaking, I know.
    I'd attach a screenshot, but I can't do that until a week from now when you ask me for one. Good job all around!

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reply to a Reply are going to the initial post instead of replying directly under the reply the user is directing the reply to

Someone posts a response to the article.
    Someone replies to that response.

When another person wants to reply to the 2nd person (the 1st reply) & posts it, it goes to the same level of the initial post instead of a sub-reply to the initial reply.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Options prices in Y! Portfolio

Options prices in Y! Portfolio stop updating after around 1130 AM EST. Sometimes these stale prices carry well into the the next trading session. In addition, they are often completely wrong. There is apparently a bug that needs to be fixed.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. settings of initiating trades , Can be adjusted ?

settings of trades proceeding , Can be adjusted ?
    I need to standardize my trades settings to GTC (not day) , Limit price (not market) and fill in and outside RTH (not in RTH only) .
    Please

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. YTD - Year to Date - Shows more than current year?!

Regardless which investment I click on in my portfolio, the YTD under CHART shows random timeframes, but never actual current year data?
    This has been going on most of 2019.

PII is giving me 6 yrs on the YTD tab.
    IRBT is giving me more than 3 yrs.
    SJM is giving me same timeframe as IRBT.
    DIS is giving me diff timeframes. I click a month, then YTD, then 6 months, then YTD... each YTD is a different timeframe?!? It changes within seconds?

Please fix it.

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. yahoo finance web showing 'portfolio currency' problem started on Feb 8 2019, abruptly total sum switched from CAD to USD

"no" , problem still exists , saga continues. BTW, You don't even need to ask me if problem persist. just try and see for yourself.

1-create a dummy yahoo email id
    2-then login to canada ca.finance.yahoo.com
    3-create a portfolio with single entry ie. even cash ie 100 $
    4-once you save, you ll see all reported in usd you cant change it.

When you fix this it means it is fixed. also click and try to edit currency it will not be possible.

Thanks for the reply.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Index quotes not streaming

Hi, I have noticed over the past week that Index quotes no longer stream. Actually S&P500 does, but Dow and Nasdaq don't. I have tried Chrome, IE, Edge, etc. All browsers behave exactly the same. For example, go to https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EIXIC?p=^IXIC ... neither the main quote page streams or the fixed index quotes at the top (except S&P). I have cleared my browser cache. Also experience this on multiple computers.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove the screener head parameters small window when presenting the screen results

Remove the screener head parameters small window when presenting the screen results , it's engaging the screen . KINDLY , substitute it with a very side icon (edit screen) and let results appear at the page top with out scrolling

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A bug in US $ portfolios

You have a bug in the currency in the portfolios.
    first you have a drop list with currency that does not exist anymore like Germany mark.
    most important the currency of the US is now US $ and it doesn't work
    It was USD and probably someone didn't change it to US $ in all the places in the software.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Speed up the web page

I'm a long time fan who has started seeking quotes elsewhere because for some reason the Yahoo Finance page has become very slow. I really like the functionality and hope this can be fixed.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Freeze Panes - Header Columns/ Titles

Freeze Panes ( Columns and Rows) on Scrolling down/ sideways.
    Lets say I have 50 stocks in a potfolio and I am tracking multple indicators/ metrics for them. When I scroll below on a 15 inch screen, I lose the header columns. All I then see is a bunch of numbers.
    Can we have an option to freeze panes just like excel so that we dont lose track of it ?

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. qualcomm

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/QCOM/history?p=QCOM shows Qualcomm giving two dividends in December instead of one. This also affects the adjusted close prices in historical data.

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Outdated profile and company news are not available

Hello,

Please could you update the news for Danakali Limited (DNK.AX) and Danakali Limited (DNK.L) asap?

The current profile is outdated, and the company's news are not available, especially on the DNK.L page.

Many thanks

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base