Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

361 results found

  1. Very dissatisfied with NEW Mail! Bad Choice--Badges and Achievments? Not preschool

    This is not preschool- Badges and Achievements? What unwise person thought this was necessary code? Very dissatisfied with NEW Mail. Layout is horrible- visualizations have been changed and make it more difficult to read email. For once, listen to the customers who helped build this company, and at Least provide the Option to go back to BASIC. Quit catering to little kids with big plans who are too young to get Reality Yet. See what happens after thirty or forty years!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tabs need to be more visible

    I've been slowly trying to warm up to this redesign over several months now. The biggest issue that still persists is that the tabs are WAY too visually subtle. They are practically invisible.

    Tabs are an integral part of how I use Y!Mail (and pretty much the only reason why I didn't leave years ago since no one else has this feature). The tabs are so subtle that I often forget they are there. That defeats one of their key purposes: representing a pending task I need to resolve. I wish they were MUCH more visible.

    P.S. I also feel…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hotkey [DEL] on NUMERIC KEYPAD

    To delete an email, you had always allowed any of 3 keys on a PC keyboard to delete the email. Your current logic only capture 2 of those 3 keys. Here is the list:

    [BACK-SPACE] Still works in New Yahoo Mail.
    [DELETE] Still works in New Yahoo Mail.
    [DELETE on a PC keyboard's NUMERIC KEYPAD] This is MISSING in New Yahoo Mail. I HIGHLY PREFER this key.

    Please re-add that numeric keypad key.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back Move submenu Hotkeys

    When I press D to move an email to a Folder, your popup which lists my Folders used to allow Hotkeys 0 through 9 to choose among the first 10 Folders (sorted alphabetically). Please bring back that function, I need it badly.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable autodelete setting

    I wind up with notifications from every website I access - it is often impossible to do business with them without giving your email address, and then you are bombarded with ads, etc. I often am interested in such ads, but I don' want them piling up in my account, nor do I wish to take the time to delete them. My Yahoo mail account currently has around 60k emails in it, dating back more than a decade. I do not want to take the time to delete them 50 at a time, nor do I want to spend the…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Setting to always show custom folders

    I request an option to keep custom folder names permanently expanded and visible in the left folder pane.
    It had been working fine but just now changed so I can not keep them displayed (after your popup instruction suggested that setting could be toggled). I have not found a setting anywhere to toggle it back to what it had been (and what I want).
    Your "Chat Assistant" said it doesn't have instructions showing a setting to keep it permanently expanded.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove this useless right box

    My window size is small, I want to view my mail message in FULL. Not waste 1/3 of it looking at empty space and having to click scroll to right to view more of my mail.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Starred view  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My calendar will no longer print the entire event that I have typed for a particular day.

    My calendar will no longer print the entire event that I have typed for a particular day. The calendar square only shows part of what I need to see.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. updating the way mail goes to the catagories

    When you first started the new update with categories it was working great. Newsletters went to newsletters. it actually worked on filtering them. Now i get almost everything that is newsletters and not priorty sent to priority. Its getting worse every day. Update the filtering system!!!!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WHERE THE **** IS MY FOLDERS LIST!

    What did you do! This is absolutely unacceptable! I do not want to have to click on a link to pop up o a window to access my folders! How **** annoying that is! I NEED THEM VISIBLE TO SEE WHEN I HAVE NEW MESSAGES IN THEM!

    JUST LEAVE IT THE **** ALONE! YOUR 'IMPROVEMENTS' AREN'T GOOD, OR USABLE OR EVEN WANTED! PUT BACK MY FOLDERS LIST PLEASE! IMMEDIATELY!

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to open emails in a new tab or window without having to open it immediately.

    On basic mail we were able to open messages in a new tab or window by right clicking on the message and selecting that option, I used this this option a lot as it enabled me to contine looking through my emails and then later check on the ones I had sent to a new tab/window. I was then able to keep these new tabs / windows open if needed whilst still being able to sort through my emails on the original tab/window.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Still bad for vision impaired people or those who need more than 90 percent zoom

    Seriously, people. I've been complaining about these problems since 2005. Repeatedly. And you do nothing but force us to use this ****** version of your email instead of basic mail. You even taunted me with a popup to use basic mail and then it disappeared before it let me switch to it again, AS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO NOW FOR 3 WEEKS! All I really want is for you to leave me a lone with these hideous, annoying 'must use the new thing' updates that mean that your service isn't usable because I can't read 8 or 10pt font.

    …

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Critical feedback regarding the missing "Move" button and poor UI design

    To the Yahoo Mail Product Team,
    I am writing to express my deep frustration with the recent layout changes in Yahoo Mail. Moving emails to a folder is one of the most basic, fundamental actions in an inbox, yet you have made it incredibly difficult to find.
    When selecting emails in the inbox, there is no visible "Move" icon or three-dot menu in the top toolbar anymore. Furthermore, when right-clicking a message, the "Move" option is buried at the very bottom of a long scrollable list, making it completely invisible unless you happen to scroll down inside the context menu.…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want the OLD mail box version. New mail was highlighted, this version sucks!!!

    I want the OLD mail box version. New mail was highlighted, this version sucks!!! Having all the options on each email is over kill.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right side panel

    Provide a setting that 'right side panel' always shows icons only, unless I expand it.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Render problem on the mobile view

    We tried couple way to change the CSS styles but none of them fixed the problem on mobile browser.
    The mobile app and the desktop versions works fine, However this issue continues on mobile browser: safari, chrome, opera etc those are the examples: https://ibb.co/KcMf40bQ https://ibb.co/YT8zTfDt https://prnt.sc/OcaPoJlJgBaR As we noticed When image use the exact width value the mobile version doesnt apply the CSS rules that exist on the DOM correctly. This causes images to be displayed different and effect how other contents displayed. On the example records we were able see our expect CSS rule is correctly sent from our…

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't Find Where to add / edit Contacts ?

    Can't Find Where to add / edit Contacts ?

    Make it easier ~ and if it's there already ( which it probably is ) please take into account folks may have resolution mag'ed way up so they can see . . . can when you do that often features disappear.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. YOU CAN CATER TO PEOPLE WHO ARE USED TO THE OLD WAYS AND HAVE OLD EYES

    YOUR NEW DESIGN IS PROVING VERY DIFFICULT FOR MY BRAIN TO HANDLE. IT IS ALL TOO DIFFICULT TO SEE. AGING EYES NEED CLARITY. THERE IS TOO MUCH VISUAL NOISE. THE LOOK IS OBJECTIONABLE AND YOU APPEAR TO BE CATERING FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS.
    I HAVE HAD MY YAHOO ACCOUNT SINCE THE FIRST DAYS OF YAHOO. NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED. INSTRUCTIONS TO REMOVE THOSE STUPID BUTTONS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND, PLEASE MAKE IT SO THAT I CAN USE YAHOO AGAIN. PLEASE

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Just copied google mail?

    You've just done a complete copy of Gmail, and this just looks hideous. Its hard to view any of the emails, it looks a mess. The panel on the right hand side is just an excuse for you to plaster more AD's on the screen.

    61st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 … 8 10 12 … 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?