Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  361 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Now I can't add or delete stocks from my portfolios!!!

Why won't you listen to the throngs of users begging for the classic version of Yahoo Finance? Is your team daft, stubborn or have delusions of cleverness? Are the users incapable of making an appropriate choice? Isn't the verge of Yahoo! irrelevance motivation enough to cater to the desires of long-term users? How about an answer to my e-mail address as a good will indication that you have some semblance of regard for long time users of your products and features?

64th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

146th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Date Range does not have the 3M option any more

Date Range does not have the 3M option anymore

146th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. why are the historical closing stock prices adjusted for splits?

the adjustment for splits and dividends should only be only reflected in the adj stock prices? why reflect the splits in the historical closing prices ? it is incorrect, please fix it...

262nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

111th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow people to revert back to the old yahoo finance

The new Finance is an unmitigated disaster.
    It has less data and less functionality in order to be "sleek" and more like an APPLE product.

But this isn't social media.

This is FINANCE.

None of your users want "sleek"ness over functionality.
    I go to a top 25 MBA program, and everyone has switched to Google finance. Congratulations.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  116 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It's been a month and I cannot edit my holdings

It's been a month and I cannot edit my holdings

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Intermittently missing Portfolio entries & doesn't save changes

Sometimes the entries in a Portfolio are missing then after numerous attempts they reappear! Sometimes it will nor save enties in My Holdings. Sometimes it will not save a reordering of the rows even after pressing "Save Order"

340th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Warrant information is missing

WFC-WT and JPM-WT tickers are missing from the database. In my portfolio, I get them only on occasions and not constantly.
    Please fix this issue.

680th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. return easier editing options to portfolios

provide option to amend/edit existing portfolio information. evidently from reading the comments/questions posted that I am not the only subscriber requesting this function be restored.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 161st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 176th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Re new charts: color/size schemes are backwards. Price bars should have the weight & bright colors of the volume bars and vice versa.

The price bars are much too narrow and too dull. There is too little contrast to the mildly shaded background which is equally dull as the bars themselves. Hence no contrast either in color or in width which are about the same width as the vertical and horizontal background lines. As a college art instructor, I can tell you that the narrow tertiary color of the bars is unreadable against a tertiary and secondary tinted backdrop. But the volume bars are bold enough to easily see because of its width and use of primary colors. (Since Green is being seen…

161st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Incorrect stock information

Using quote lookup on Yahoo Finance US, incorrect news items are posted.

Symbol ARCC (Ares Capital) results in news items for Arabian Cement, an Egyptian Stock Exchange entity

Symbol GPC (Genuine Parts) results in news for Gunpowder Capital, a Toronto Stock Exchange entity

This is exceptionally sloppy, and yet another failure of the new Yahoo Finance design.

299th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In answer to my last posted comment, or question, I got a prprinted answer that does not work. Can O call someone abouot this.

I want to be able to enter multiple stocks in the "Comparison" box, and when I asked about it I immediately got an answer back that does not work. Can I call someone about this?

680th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need new item: Fake News

on 11 Sept 2017, using link: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/APU/news?p=APU

Three options are available: All, News, Press Releases

Please add and utilize another option: Fake News

For the link above, the first 25 items under "news" include:

8 Market Realist Fake news opinion pieces rehashing information from peoples statistics

7 Capital Cube Fake News opinion pieces rehashing information from other peoples statistics

1 Gurufocus Fake News opinion article

5 Sponsored items

2 actual news items.

Please move all Fake News to the new category.

411th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Page down in a large portfolio goes more than a full page, skipping several stocks.

If there are 20 stocks on the first page of a large portfolio, page down goes down about 23 stocks, skipping three stocks. It should only go down 19 stocks so that the bottom of page 1 becomes the top of page 2. That way you know no stocks were skipped.

411th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 262nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble changing Holdings information (# of shares and cost) in your Portfolio. I tested a few examples but wasn’t able to replicate these issues on my end.

Please try some of the fixes we’ve outlined in our Help article to resolve this issue:

help.yahoo.com/kb/completing-browser-troubl..

Thanks!
    Finance Support

← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base