Skip to content

New Mail



Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to provide feedback on Desktop for Yahoo Mail. 
We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum.


**Please do NOT post about the newly designed Yahoo Desktop. It will be deleted. Instead post it here: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/962180-new-yahoo-mail


**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, or Login Issues here. It will be deleted. Please contact our Customer Care team at help.yahoo.com. 

Thank you! 💜
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

29 results found

  1. Ads take too much room on reading pane

    I don't mind the ads on the side but the ads along the bottom take up to much room, make them smaller or better yet get rid of them.

    1st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Don't get rid of notepad!

    Just got the update that Yahoo is getting rid of Notepad!! Why?? This is ludicrous! First you get rid of email theme for emailing and now you're getting rid of my most used feature!!
    I have a business that runs YAHOO and this is a very useful tool in one place.
    Why are you doing this??

    2nd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional storage options need to be improved ASAP.

    Getting additional space on Yahoo needs to be improved.

    Current options are :
    Free: 15 GB || £1.99/ mo: 100 GB || £9.99/ mo: 1 TB

    Can Yahoo come up with something like 50GB and amount payable quarterly/half-yearly/yearly?

    Why does it have to be monthly ONLY????

    3rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search icon on subject line in inbox

    WHY? Why did you remove the search icon (magnifying glass icon) from individual email subject in the inbox view. It was so much better than GMAIL. Why are you making Yahoo! email dumb? AND, you are not copying the good thing from Gmail: In Gmail you can select multiple messages and search for all of those together, instead of searching one by one. AND FINALLY, when I select a message in Yahoo inbox and try to find similar messages, all I get CREATE FILTER. I am not trying to create a filter. I just want to find those emails and…

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PLEASE GET RID OF ADS WITH SOUND.

    PLEASE GET RID OF ADS WITH SOUND. IT WILL GIVE SOMEONE HEART ATTACK SOME DAY!!!

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want the option to have a filth file. That way all the filth can go there. I know it’s filth. And I’ll never look at it. I’ll just delete

    I want the option to have a filth file. That way all the filth can go there. I know it’s filth. And I’ll never look at it. I’ll just delete it all. Stop putting it in my spam. Spam is a cheap meat, and a play on words. But it’s not filth.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HELP! get rid of my "two-step verification", please!

    I do NOT want "two-step verification" when signing in to my email account, but it seems it was automatically changed...PLEASE either REMOVE the "two-step verification for "boardguy@ymail.com" FOR ME, or PLEASE TELL ME step-by-step how I CAN REMOVE the "two-step verification." I do not want to keep going to another email account every time I want my emails...I might as well just go to the other service...so PLEASE HELP; I really like yahoo, but hate "two-step verification"!

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't need to people need to see how great it is

    I have never had problems with yahoo being using it since 1999 and loving it even though I got hotmail and gmail thx y'all.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DAY topics, then sort as you will.

    Your new mailbox set up is clunky to use, and deletes (as in unable to be found) some messages that are NOT selected to be moved or sorted.
    I am now missing a banking statement because your new mailbox system removed it from my inbox, but it didn't show up anywhere else.
    I would really like to have the mail sorted by the TOPIC of DAYS - then if you want to add your "improvements" to it, fine, but at least I will (hopefully) not lose important messages!

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. REadily expandable font sizes in the mail home screen

    All of a sudden, the size of the titles, etc. on my mail screen have gotten much smaller and I don't know why.. I think you need an adjustment in settings for the screen so user can easily return the fonts to original or even larger sizes consistent with the way you allow the user to increase the font size in the body of a message.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Advertisements

    Having advertisements are fine, but the constant videos flashing on the side of my screen are giving me a headache, please get rid of them or I'll have to switch to a different email client. I will not pay to remove them. Thanks.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. UNDO YOUR *****-UP AND RETURN BASIC MAIL BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORM

    UNDO YOUR *****-UP AND RETURN BASIC MAIL BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORM. NEW MAIL IS UNUSABLE.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show my other accounts easily as they were yesterday

    Used to be able to see my other two accounts at the top just by touching the account I was in. They've disappeared over night! Now have to change to desktop version, scroll to the bottom of screen to find them. Put it back to how it was please.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Review Account

    Account Review signs you out immediately after successful two-step verification, and that it occurs in both Yahoo Mail and the Google app.
    I need to be using browser and successful logging with 2 steps verification, I will still landed to review account so I will need to manually change the URL to mail.yahoo.com.which I can do on the app. So I can only access my mail on browser not on app. It's over 7 years now. Can I get assistance from that, my mail is aksam2004@yahoo.com

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. pls need your help for deleted email since last 8 months

    can i get my deleted email since last 8 months pls , all email deleted, may some one reach my device,

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. EXTREMELY GRAPHIC EXPLICIT VIOLENT CONTENT IN SUBJECT LINE - IDEA=STOP PUSHING THE HORRIFIC GRABAGE THRU

    FILTHY DISGUSTING GRAPHIC SEXUALLY EXPLICIT GARBAGE - IT IS IN THE SUBJECT LINE. HAVE ASKED YAHOO TO BLOCK THIS GARBAGE FOR MONTHS YEAR+. YAHOO REFUSES AND KEEPS PUSHING DISGUSTING FILTH THRU - IT IS GRAPHIC EXPLICIT AND YAHOO REFUSES TO BLOCK IT - THIS IS SIMPLY - TO ME - HARASSMENT - ABUSE. AND MANY ENCOURAGE VIOLENCE - THEREFORE ALSO - TO ME - THREATENING. IT CAN BE BLOCKED YAHOO REFUSES. TO THIS USER - TO ME - THIS COMES ACROSS AS DELIBERATE HARRASSMENT ABUSE AND THREATENING BY YAHOO.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. block domains

    You allow us to block 1000 email addresses but the scammers just generate thousands of new email addresses. Make it so we can block domains and not specific email addresses. That would keep my scam folder from overflowing since they generate a new address blocking an address is ineffective. Block the domain!

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deleting older emails

    Making it almost impossible to delete larger emails to force people to pay for larger storage subscriptions means that I will permanently close all my accounts with yahoo and never again open a new account
    I opened my first account in 1997 with yahoo but it end permanently soon .
    You offer no tools to easily delete emails to free up storage

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Spam Filters

    What has happened to your Spam filtering in the past couple of months? It's gotten terrible....and I mean terrible.

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Maybe yahoo doesn’t recognize what filth is discussing sexual body parts in emails is inappropriate and does not belong in my email. When yo

    Maybe yahoo doesn’t recognize what filth is discussing sexual body parts in emails is inappropriate and does not belong in my email. When you see this filter it out. Do your job!

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?