Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

414 results found

  1. kkguptaca53@yahoo.co.in

    I WANT TO SWICG TO OLDER VERSON OF YAHOO

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Backspace as mail deletion shortcut

    Today noticed one fatal error occurring on Yahoo mail. First of all - I'm using chrome. Additionally I've installed "Backspace is back" chrome extension to be able to return back in history - it works as shortcut to "Back". However - today (10.10.2026) I've noticed that Yahoo mail actually does not go back, but just deletes active mail. This is major problem for yahoo - from my perspective keyboard shortcut 'Delete' is ok, as it actually tells to delete mail, so keyboard description corresponds with what action does. But backspace for deletion is ABSOLUTELY NO ! Especially feature is not…

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Old format was better to look at.

    Old format looked better, new format is hard to look at. Bring back the old version!!

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to Switch to Basic Mail

    I want to switch to Yahoo Basic mail, but I am not able to switch to Yahoo Basic Mail.
    Please help me to switch to Basic, as I am not comfortable in Classic version. I visited to Help portion also, but the instruction mentioned there in, was not helpful to me to switch to Basic Yahoo Mail.
    Please treat this as an request and change my appearance from Classic to Basic

    Thanks in advance

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stay on OLD Yahoo Mail

    I don't like any of the changes in New Yahoo Mail. I want to stay on the old Yahoo Mail. Why are you making these changes? Please stop.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to change Themes

    I switched to the New Yahoo Mail today. Thank you for improving the service. There's one thing that is bothering me: I didn't find any option to change the Appearance. In the older version, one could use different themes as it is natural to get bored with the same look after some time.

    Please can you attend to this! Thx.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don’t like the new Yahoo look. Please give us the option to switch back to the old version. The previous design was much better, and users

    I don’t like the new Yahoo look. Please give us the option to switch back to the old version. The previous design was much better, and users

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support submission doesn't work

    I cannot submit a bug report

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. old version

    Switch to Basic mail

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OLD

    DON"T LIKE THIS

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back the classic yahoo. Please

    Bring back the classic yahoo. Please

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Go Back To The Old Yahoo Email

    I liked the way everything was set up.
    My mailboxes were all at the top of the left column. The Dark Mode had a bigger difference between read and unread.
    I used to be able to block and report SPAM.
    Didn't you guys learn anything when you tried something like this 5 years ago?????
    I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. drop Primary

    Primary sucks as always hope if you must change things again get rid of Primary, all emails should show up when signing in.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make read vs unread emails easier to distinguish in dark mode

    For users like me who use dark mode, it's very difficult to tell apart emails that I've already read vs ones that are unread because the bold white text (for unread emails) doesn't stand out enough vs the regular white text (read emails). I have to rely on that small purple circle towards the far-left of the row which does work but it'd be way better if they were easily distinguishable based on the entire row's text style or color. For example, you could make the entire row background a bit of a lighter color to indicate that email is…

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New settings

    I absolutely HATE the new look!!!

    I can't find anything!!! I used to have all my yahoo accounts on the left and it was easy to toggle between accounts, but now I can't?!?!?!?

    I can't - I just can't. If you wanted to change, give people the OPTION to change. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS NEW LOOK - IT'S HORRIBLE.

    I need to have my previous settings. Seriously considering just changing to another email server. I'm not going to deal with this stupidity.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I hate the new/modern version

    I hate the new/modern version. I want the option to switch back to the old/classic version.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make sure you allow users to choose to keep their old Classic Yahoo Mail !!

    Many users DO NOT wish to change to a new format of their Yahoo Mail !!

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Archive button should be in toolbar

    Earlier GUI had the Archive icon up front in toobar, which we tend to use a lot to archive many messages. Now it is one click away in a menu bar. What a bad idea to push a highly used feature down. Not sure if you are seeking feedback or looking at data before making such changes. i want to go back to the old GUI, but you dont give any option to do so.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. go back or give option to go back

    I hate the new version. Its hard for me to read or focus. I want to switch back!! Have been using yahoo for 20 yrs and don't want to change but will have to.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?