Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

220 results found

  1. Sending Videos

    When I send a video of mine from Vimeo- I always got a Thumbprint ID so I knew the video I was sending was correct. With the NEW email I don't get that Thumbprint confirmation. I always wonder if the correct video I'm sending IS correct? You might want to re-add that feature on the NEW email. Other than that aspect it's ok.

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recent folder list in move button

    It would be great to have the list of the 5 most recent folders on top when you press the move button to move an email to a different folder. Every time you need to do it, you need to locate the folder again and again. Thanks!

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You can improve yhoo mail by restoring the ability for users to see the dates they entered in the calendar.

    Dear Yahoo team, please, stop improving the calendar and restore the customer's ability to see the dates I've added that are important for me. Everything has become terrible, and I'm looking for other ways to add them to the calendar from different sources.

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. translation

    Please program a language translation feature for translating emails received in other languages. For example --- If I make a reservation for a hotel in Mexico and receive a message in Spanish, I would like to be able to have the program translate the message to English. At present, I have to forward the message to a Google account to make that possible.

    56th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Connect multiple Comcast mailboxes after migrating to Yahoo

    I have more than one email from my years at Comcast.net and use one as my primary, and another as secondary. There seems to be no way, after a half hour of working at it, to combine another (or ANY) Comcast Mailbox. Options are there for Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, and 'Other.' Nothing seems to work.
    I still want to be able to use the one sign in to monitor all my email accounts.
    Please advise if this is possible, and my best steps to make it happen.
    Thanks

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. FWD msg to recipient

    The last time there was a yahoo update a feature seemed to change.
    Now, when i hit forward on an email, it DOESNT automatically put the cursor in the TO field for the recipient. Im not sure where its selected, but it needs to go back to that, like it is on every other mail platform. When you fwd to someone, I should be able to start typing the address without first having to click in the TO field. thanks!!

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Replying to emails in threads

    Its getting very difficult to reply in the thread emails. Whenever I type its hides the above lines and I have to scroll up all the time; moreover, if I copy and paste then it takes me to the last message and if the email thread is long then I have search for my message again to send it. Your new update is not effecive

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MOVE option not working

    I receive messages from EBAY concerning automatic searches I have set up with them Most of these correctly go to the OFFERS folder but some go to PRIORITY. I select the message in PRIORITY and clicked on MOVE, select MORE OPTIONS. change the pull-down menu to OFFERS and click the MOVE button. The message disappears from PRIORITY. When I click to OFFERS folder, that message from EBAY is not there. I checked the other folder and it is not in either of them. If I go back to the PRIORITY folder, the EBAY message is there.

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete By Sender

    Yahoo really needs a "sweep" function. I am sure I don't need to describe it, but it allows you to select one or more emails and "sweep" them to a folder, or delete. It removes all emails in the inbox from those specific senders and places them where you select instead of having to do it one by one or clicking beside each email. It makes cleaning an inbox more efficient and is a feature that has been around for a long time. It makes no sense that yahoo mail doesn't have this. Having to delete emails one at a…

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Delete  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feature Request: Follow-Up Reminders in Yahoo Mail

    Dear Yahoo Mail Team,

    I’d like to suggest a useful feature that could enhance Yahoo Mail's functionality: follow-up reminders for emails. Gmail has an option that automatically reminds users to follow up on emails they haven't received replies to, helping to ensure important conversations don’t get lost.

    A similar feature in Yahoo Mail would be incredibly beneficial for users who manage busy inboxes and need a prompt to revisit unanswered emails. Having a built-in follow-up reminder would improve email organization and efficiency.

    I’d love to hear your thoughts on this idea and whether Yahoo Mail might consider implementing something similar.…

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Attachments disappear as soon as someone replies to an email

    Attachments disappear as soon as someone replies to an email. This has been happening since the switch to the new yahoo email. I'm tempted to migrate to Gmail.

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug: The forum may be locked and I can't reply to Yahoo staff

    I have opened at least two feedback issues that have been responded to by Yahoo staff. I have no way to follow up because when I go to each page with the issue there's no way to reply and the comments are hidden. All the issue page shows is the original report. Additionally, as I reported in a separate bug, this uservoice forum does not work anymore and I can't see anyone else's ideas. I think that the forum may be locked. I don't know how you expect me to search for duplicates or reply to existing issues if the…

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Request to Restore Missing Emails & Folder Name Issue on Yahoo Mail via Outlook

    Dear Yahoo Mail Support,

    I am experiencing an issue with my Yahoo Mail account when using it with Outlook. I have created a new folder in Outlook and moved some emails into it. However, when I rename the folder, it automatically reverts to the original name, and the emails inside disappear.

    I have tried checking my Yahoo Mail via the web, but I could not find the emails in the original folder, Trash, or Spam. Could you please help me restore the missing emails and investigate why folder renaming causes data loss?

    Here are the details of my account and…

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simple View

    The view needs to be simplified. The screen is way too busy to easily see any new emails.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Left it alone!

    I liked the way it was, I liked the colors! I don't like the dark and light mode. One is either too white and bright or too dark. Quit messing with it. If it's not broke, don't fix it!

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The platform is smooth, easy to navigate, and has been consistently reliable for my email needs.

    "I am writing to share my positive feedback regarding Yahoo Mail. The platform is smooth, easy to navigate, and has been consistently reliable for my email needs. I'm very satisfied with the service and appreciate the constant support and updates."

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about you stop ******* up everyone's lives...hmmmm?

    Put the **** back the way it was.

    If I want to use Instafuckinggram.....I'd use Instafuckinggram.

    Instead, I chose to use Yahoo... which is trying to be Instafuckinggram.

    My mistake.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back the old display.

    I lost money because Yahoo changed the way my in box was viewed and hid messages / details from me at the default settings. Thanks a lot.

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. go back to original

    dont **** with page leave as original

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. colour banners at the top

    Its not like a mail program I will slowly reture using yahoo mail and return to GMAIL.
    this is terrible

    173rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?