Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Plate Appearances in OBP leagues

In matchups, Yahoo displays the H/AB stat along with the individual match up stats. However, for leagues that use OBP instead of AVG, the H/AB stat is useless. In OBP leagues one needs to know how many Plate Appearances ones players have had, to contextualize the number. I suggest either replacing the H/AB stat with Plate Appearances, or adding it alongside it.

I have seen numerous requests for this, from twitter (https://twitter.com/Ian_Myers/status/1111697924151488512) to reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasybaseball/comments/b6oad9/deriving_obp_on_yahoo/)

Please make this stat available, thank you.

363rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add More NA spots

NA spots are currently capped at 10. I'd like to see the maximum raised to 15 or 20 to allow keeper/dynasty leagues to have more in-depth minor league possibilities. Yahoo has done a good job of expanding the player pool, but when you can only roster 10 NA, it caps these newly added players usage.

77th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pre-draft Rankings

Allow pre-draft rankings to be sorted by xrank in addition to default rankings. It makes no sense that this is not an option. In addition, add a search bar so that you can search for a player instead of having to scroll up and down constantly. The interface on the pre-rank page is barbaric.

261st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. message board

I think previous message board posts made by other users in all Yahoo Fantasy Sports Leagues should be viewable by all members. I noticed that from the seasons 2011 to 2017 I can not view the messages posted by other users. I do not know why this feature was changed but I think for league history purposes it should be made viewable once again, especially for commissioners. If Yahoo Fantasy Sports wants leagues to last for years members should be able to go back and see what other member wrote on the message board, particularly when Yahoo allows us to…

207th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynasty team with a minor league of players

With more dynasty leagues get created with a farm team, I suggest you allow the commish to Lock the farm players so they don't get picked up by other teams. When a manager wants to pick up a farm hand, the commish can either unlock the player or simply add him to the managers roster. This would prevent a lot of headaches.

452nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add CP (Closing Pitcher) spot

In points league, often times the RP spot is just used by a starter that has both SP and RP designation and inflates the scoring for the week. I want to be able to use solely closing pitchers in a spot.

452nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make clear how you determine rookie position eligibility

Most other fantasy platforms define how they determine rookie position eligibility. For example NFBC determines eligibility by greatest # of plate appearances at position their final minor year. Yahoo! simply guesses based on what position they were drafted at and then defers to MLB player page. MLB player pages are updated by an intern at their convenience, not even by the individual team. Please, an actual policy on how you determine eligibility would be much appreciated. Yahoo! is the most lenient platform when it comes to granting eligibility and yet Nick Senzel is only 3B eligible for who knows what…

363rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 363rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase the qualifying innings pitched for each team from 7 to 20. Just 7 innings per week per team is way to small.

We all have about 4-5 (SP)pitchers on each team - they can all pitch at least 5 innings - increase the number of innings per week for each team from 7 to whatever,,,, (take the average SP innings per week, and use that number going forward to use instead of 7)

452nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to pick up an "N/A" free agent player and assign him to N/A roster spot

We should be able to pick up an N/A player and assign him directly to a N/A roster position spot. It sucks that you have to drop a player to make a spot for the N/A player, then move the N/A player to the N/A roster spot, then pick up a different player than the original. You shouldn't have to miss out on a current player to stash away an N/A player.

656th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Commissioners to designate keepers all season

I'm in the 10th year of my dynasty league. I would like to be able to manually designate players as Keepers throughout the season. Other managers will then be able to see the K next to a keeper to avoid confusion when adding or trading for players. Currently I have to manually maintain a list which is very time consuming.

Quick example... Managers pick their keepers pre-draft, those players have the "K". We hold draft, all newly drafted players (all keepers by my leagues rules) don't receive K. Mass confusion all season and offseason.

Thank you!

363rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Closer" and "Middle Relief"

I'd like to see an option in private leagues where a reliever can be designated as a "Closer" (or "Closer Relief", "C" or "CR) and a "Middle Reliever" ("MR") as a position.

363rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. “Yesterday” Filter option

In the Filtering of the players available it would be helpful if “yesterday” was an option. Transaction trends is helpful but if you could filter to show the stats of everyone from the day before it would be much easier.

439th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SAME-DAY ADDS IN PUBLIC LEAGUES

Please, please, please allow same-day adds (or at least the league option) in public leagues (especially money leagues).

This goes for baseball, basketball and hockey. If people don't like it, have another option. Too many times I am GUESSING if a player is playing the next day. That takes no skill and pure luck.

Whereas on the same day, if I stay informed and hear a player will not be playing (having a baby, stomach virus, rest, etc), the skill in staying informed and actually being able to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT should be rewarded.

I understand everyone is on…

452nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Player Faces Next to Names

Your UI is far too outdated. If you play fantasy football on NFL.com, it leaves you for dead. Your site doesn't even offer a face of the player for crying out loud? Are you serious? Yahoo is run by a female and it shows. Adjust your priorities.

664th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

Faces should be added soon. We are waiting on that information from our data providers.

Thank you for your feedback.

16. Change your position eligibility requirements

Your are currently the only fantasy baseball provider in the universe that has Anthony Rizzo 2B eligible in 2018. THE ONLY ONE. If that is not enough to demonstrate you have an issue, I don't know what does.

Please change your requirements similar to CBS and ESPN and require 20 "games played" at a respective offensive position. 5 "games started" is fine.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change your story editor

I don't know who writes the notes that show up when you click the notes box next to the players name but they are very often wrong, for example Mike Clevinger had 12 strikeouts in stats but the notes say he had a career high 11?

564th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love to have a new stat category that I can use for my fantasy baseball league. In pitching I would like Wins+ Loses+quality starts.

Loses + Wins + quality start is good for a complete pitching stat with starters. I was able to create this stat in other league and it is great. This stat can go up and down as your pitchers performance goes.

664th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please get updated info to users faster

I see updates on key pitchers from MLB news feeds that are not picked up by your service in time to be of use. This also having an impact on your Matchup ratings. For instance, Joe Musgrove start was moved and Trevor Williams pitched for Pirates on Sunday March 31st, but your Matchup with Reds starters still referenced Musgrove. In addition, the update on Musgrove noted he would be available "out of the bullpen" on Sunday. I see errors re: Matchups at least once or twice each week and this can have an impact on Fantasy lineups.

664th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for reporting this issue. We’re currently working on getting these updates to our customers sooner.

Thank you for your feedback!

20. Michael Lorenzen for the Reds needs a created batter as well. Just like you have for Ohtani. He’s already played CF this year.

Michael Lorenzen needs a Utility/OF player as well like you have for Ohtani... He’s already played CF this yr. He’ll hit at least 10 homeruns...

564th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base