Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. support full/real keeper functionality

Yahoo should start actually supporting keeper functionality, where you can track rosters, years kept, salaries, etc., and can set how many years players can be kept, salary bumps, etc. CBS has been doing this for about 10 years already so it's very achievable technologically.

Forcing commissioners to enter (and calculate) all keeper info by hand isn't actually supporting keeper leagues - what Yahoo calls "Keeper Leagues" is really "recurring leagues", in which nothing other than team names and league settings are saved.

32nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WHERE ARE THE HITTERS CAREER STATS VS THE CURRENT OPPOSING PITCHER?!?!

YEARS ago the batters career stats vs the pitcher they were facing were posted on the players page. What ever happened to that? We've been asking the same question for a cpl years now & nothing!

64th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fx baseball play by play on StatCast or w/e it is called

I cannot see the benefit of the p[lay by play having repeated lines, particularly in later stages of (baseball) games. F'rinstance, something like this:

M. Barnes pitching
    M. Barnes pitching
    M. Barnes pitching
    C. Correa doubled to right, M. González to third
    C. Correa doubled to right, M. González to third
    J. Reddick flied out to right
    Y. Gurriel flied out to right
    M. González singled to center
    M. González singled to center
    M. González singled…

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For pro leagues. Please list how many players have signed up before I join a league so I have a better idea if the league will go. Ex 9/12

For pro leagues. Please list how many players have signed up before I join a league so I have a better idea if the league will go. Ex 9/12

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prospects

Please add Wander Franco (SS- TB) to the player pool. He is shooting up all the prospects lists and absolutely mashing in rookie ball. Guy was the top international signing last year, needs to be available.

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More innings pitched required.

You need to have 30 to 40 innings pitched required not 7. You can win 3 out of the 5 points by running nearly all RP / closers. Starting pitchers should have more of an impact! Or score innings pitched.

273rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SP / RP HISTORY

When looking at the “game log” section for SP/RP who are now starters you can only see one or two starts at the most. This kind of sucks especially if the sp started as a reliever or with the reliever tag but has been a starter all year. I don’t mind the SP/RP tag I just want to see more history of his performances.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLAYOFF DATES AND OPTIONS

It would be great to have numerous options for playoffs, Including moving up the playoffs earlier and extending them extra weeks as desired just as others have stated
    AND
    How about an option for multiple week total points where all of the teams involved in the Playoffs compete against each other for two or three weeks and whoever has the most points at the end is the champion. Basically a 2-4 week roto for the championship.

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a setting to require every starting roster spot has a spot filled in order for it to be legal.

I have a few owners in my league that refuse to start a catcher because the actual number of catchers that give you big stats are limited. Therefore they leave the roster spot unfilled in order to stash another hot hitter or pitcher. I would like to have there be a setting to force owners to fill the entire roster and if they don't, their team is illegal and they do not get the team stats for that day or until the roster is completely filled.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Retro-active Line-up Changes

Fantasy Baseball should, JUST LIKE other sports, allow the retroactive ability to change line-ups. The semi-final championship game of my baseball league had myself with Mookie Betts on the bench because the night before he was rested and didn't start/play. One of 3 outfielders in the line-up did not play that day and I tried several times to make the switch that day before the game. It wasn't allowed. I contacted Yahoo several times but to no avail. Due to THAT line-up change, I lost that game. The RBI's alone accrued by Betts would have put my team to win…

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yahoo should have consistent bar/ standard for prospects available at min

Not a vicious complaint at all but there are obvious inconsistencies in which players are available from year to year. Why not set a new standard?

A great one would be players from the first two rounds of the MLB draft, the top 30 international signings and then whomever is left from the more or less industry consensus of a top 100 prospect list. Roughly estimated 150-200 specific players.

Sure it would not include every prospect out there but it would greatly improve the current system and be easier for yahoo to manage.

Even better it would set a specific…

61st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Week 16 is 10 days -

Week 16 is 10 days. Due to All-Star break, games start on Friday July 20 - YET lineups have to be set on Monday, July 16?!!?!? I understand you can set them again on July 23rd for the second part. Why cant the lineups be set for the start of the first game on Friday July 20?

In yahoo fantasy football, there is an option "Game time - Tuesday". Why can that not be the same for baseball? That would also allow you to add guys Mondays before the first game start. Right now, you can not add a guy…

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pick up a free agent same day. Rosters locked on start of 1st game.

Pick up free agent same day. Rosters lock on start of 1st game.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Count Pitchers' Batting Stats

If your player produces stats that your league selected for scoring, they should count. Your player's hitting stats shouldn't be omitted just because he pitches. You can make it an option to erase pitchers' hitting stats if people don't like that concept, but the default shouldn't be to erase stats arbitrarily.

I make this argument every year in some fashion, doing the same now. Yahoo wrote back to me many years ago on this, saying essentially that pitchers' batting stats aren't counted because they're not good. Unsatisfactory explanation, but since it's the only one Yahoo's provided, my response is where…

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keep any Yahoo Leagues designated as Dynasty to remain open thoughout the off-season

The Hot Stove Lounge is one the best parts of MLB.
    Also allow roster sizes to be edited after a draft, this enables us to protect NA players in the draft as well as our regular keepers, as soon as they get NA designation after Spring Training, we can reduce our bench slots back to 4

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keeper Leagues: Allow players starting the season in the minors to be kept without counting as a bench spot.

Currently, my league has 28 roster spots + 2 NA spots. If we want to stash a prospect, we have to keep them on the 28 man roster through the draft, then move them into NA. This robs us of those last 2 bench spots in the draft. Please fix!!

48th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Wander Franco the SS for Tampa Bay to the game

He a top 50 prospect and killing the ball. Please add him for us Dynasty leaguers.

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2018 mlb trophy

My 2018 MLB 1st place trophy comes up as a blank box. I’ve reloaded the page numerous times and all of my other trophies come up..

What the heck? I didn’t grind for 8 months and win a championship for a blank flipping box!?!

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Less weeks

Can there plz be an option to end season 2-3 weeks earlier so wk 1 football is baseball championship?
    Like no one cares who wins ever by the time it comes around. Just cuz mlb has a way too long for this generation season, doesnt mean fantasy players should have to suffer thru it too.
    Every year the oxygen is sucked out of the playoffs/championship by it being way too late, after a great competetive season.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Innings Pitched

If a person has 7 innings pitched left in Rotisserie, they should not be allowed to start 7 players and get credit for them all.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base