Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add CP (Closing Pitcher) spot

In points league, often times the RP spot is just used by a starter that has both SP and RP designation and inflates the scoring for the week. I want to be able to use solely closing pitchers in a spot.

254th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expanded Commish Ohtani/Future 2-Way Player Options

So we realize you guys decided to make Ohtani 2 separate players. Many people are obviously upset about this (myself included). I understand that either choice will ruffle some feathers, so why not make a commissioner option to treat Ohtani as 1 or 2 players?

Commissioner Option 1: Treat him as 2 separate players, both take up a roster spot, etc. the way you guys said it would be this year.

Commissioner Option 2: Have him in the system as 2 players but he would act as 1 player. For example, under this option, pitcher Ohtani and hitter Ohtani only…

16th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug with the Player List

When you look at batters in the player list and sort by something that isn't a pitcher column, and then try to look at pitchers, the system returns a "no players found" message. The same is true if you sort pitchers by something that isn't a batter column and then look at batters.

The system would be friendlier if you would fix this. Thanks!

675th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. need a way to contact yahoo without paying for it when a postion cannot be filled to due system malfunction.

When a position is disabled because of yahoo have a way to correct this immediately By the time they contact you your playing one man short and the stats lost are never corrected. Have a way without paying for a fix or contact them so it can be fixed and then credit all stats lost back to your team.

675th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Information Requested  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put the players on the DL when their team announces it. You're waiting several hours which can effect the abilities to move lineups around.

I am not sure how your software works to recognize when a player is placed on the DL, but teams are announcing players on the DL several hours prior to Yahoo actually designating the players as DL eligible. This can cause issues for a manager that is trying to get max value of their roster.

71st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Message/Chat Board Needs to Feel Like Social Media Site

The Message Board has become a waste of space because it's not easily accessible, readable or usable. Posts and comments should be easily scrollable, mobile friendly, and look and feel like Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. Get rid of "topics" and duplicate what the most popular social media sites in the world do to encourage messaging, chatting, and communicating!

275th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pre-draft Rankings

Allow pre-draft rankings to be sorted by xrank in addition to default rankings. It makes no sense that this is not an option. In addition, add a search bar so that you can search for a player instead of having to scroll up and down constantly. The interface on the pre-rank page is barbaric.

222nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There needs to be a maximum IP limit in H2H categories baseball leagues

There needs to be an option to set a maximum number of innings pitched in weekly head 2 head categories baseball leagues

27th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wildcard in custom list

Why can't we put a Wildcard position abbreviation (e.g. SS or 1B, LF, OF, ...) in our preferred ranking list to mean give me the highest ranking Player at that position at that time. That way we can control the order in which positions are filled.

667th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Carry "notes to self" over to the next year.

I guess i can always go back and copy, but in a keeper league it is much easier just to have them still be there.

275th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More in depth ADP data

Additional data regarding ADP would be really useful. Things like minimum pick, maximum pick, number of drafts each player has been taken in, and being able to select a date range to view this data. These can be really useful during draft prep.

383rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 675th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Double format

Why not have the option for a lig to have both formats
    Just click or the standings to check where u stand on both. H2h ligs should have this for an option. All stats are already kept and tallied.
    Why not make it viewable. Whether it counts for yahoo $ logs is to be at your own discretion but #1 in Roto should be recognized in h2h ligs. I also prefer a total moves limit for h2h. I've used 50 in mine for yrs. It's Roto tho

576th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 275th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Player Pool

Please add more prospects to the player pool. Keeper leagues often have very deep leagues and having more prospects available would be very beneficial. Players like Wander Franco SS TB is not available, and he is a top 50 prospect.

83rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase the qualifying innings pitched for each team from 7 to 20. Just 7 innings per week per team is way to small.

We all have about 4-5 (SP)pitchers on each team - they can all pitch at least 5 innings - increase the number of innings per week for each team from 7 to whatever,,,, (take the average SP innings per week, and use that number going forward to use instead of 7)

335th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Random selection of Managers on Draft Day Fantasy Baseball Flawed

I signed up for two Yahoo Fantasy Public Baseball Leagues.
    Here is the issue,
    1) My first Yahoo Public Baseball league had seven, yes, seven mangers listed as "Diamond or Platinum. I thought this was strange given the chances of top 5 percentile managers assigned to one league.
    2) My second public fantasy baseball league--Yep, there were a total of 6 managers ranked as "Diamond or Platinum--all of them ranked in the "Top 5 percentile of mangers."
    Statistically this is not fair ! Not only for the six or seven managers participating that are ranked high...but what about the managers…

576th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display Plate Appearances in OBP leagues

In matchups, Yahoo displays the H/AB stat along with the individual match up stats. However, for leagues that use OBP instead of AVG, the H/AB stat is useless. In OBP leagues one needs to know how many Plate Appearances ones players have had, to contextualize the number. I suggest either replacing the H/AB stat with Plate Appearances, or adding it alongside it.

I have seen numerous requests for this, from twitter (https://twitter.com/Ian_Myers/status/1111697924151488512) to reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasybaseball/comments/b6oad9/deriving_obp_on_yahoo/)

Please make this stat available, thank you.

383rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Andrew Benintendi should be taken off the can't cut list

He's having a really down year right now, and nowhere near an elite fantasy player right now. I think people should be able to cut him if they want to. Frankly I'm not sure he should have ever been on this list to begin with, but no question at this point he should be cuttable.

576th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add More NA spots

NA spots are currently capped at 10. I'd like to see the maximum raised to 15 or 20 to allow keeper/dynasty leagues to have more in-depth minor league possibilities. Yahoo has done a good job of expanding the player pool, but when you can only roster 10 NA, it caps these newly added players usage.

86th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base