Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. S. Ohtani

Since S. Ohtani is split into 2 different players, the batter and the pitcher, Ohtani the pitcher should still have DL eligibility! It is known he will not pitch for several more weeks and not being able to keep Ohtani (the pitcher) in the DL spot on rosters is not fair to owners. Anyone who owns him is forced to either drop him or have him take up a roster spot when he is not going to pitch. Please do the right thing and make this correction.

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow player swap once a game is PPD

Once a game is PPD, if there are bench players available that can be swapped due to start times being later, this should absolutely be implemented. Feels like a large miss and something that could be easily changed.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  46 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Commissioner's Protected or Exempt List

We do farm club drafts each year in my 3-sport dynasty league -- baseball, football, and basketball and hold those players' rights for up to 3 years. If there could be a commissioner-controlled list of "protected" players we could put those guys on it would be very helpful. It would eliminate the failure to check the list and accidentally pick up someone else's farm clubber. Commish would just have to release the player/add him to a roster when someone wants to activate them. Also - for issues like the 45 newly drafted players (Mize, Bart, etc) that were posted, they…

64th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. End fantasy baseball playoffs earlier

Everyone in my league checks out as soon as football starts. Give the commish the option to end the playoffs some time in August. I'm guessing a lot of fantasy baseball people feel this way.

96th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to add maximum IP or limit starts per week in H2H points leagues

Need allow commish to add a MAXIMUM innings pitched or set number of starts per week.

It's too easy to win when you can stream starting pitchers in a points league (we do have a 5 transaction limit, but still need an innings max).

126th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 Week Playoff Matchups with Adjustable Schedule

I would love to see Yahoo allow for 2 week playoff matchups and an adjustable schedule that allows you to end regular season whenever you want. These options are currently available on ESPN. After doing our fantasy baseball on Yahoo since 2006, we switched over to ESPN this season because our managers simply prefer 2 week playoff matchups and how it rewards a "true" winner.

Especially in a sport like baseball that entails so much randomness, a 1 week matchup at any given time is almost a "crapshoot". Also, allowing for an adjustable schedule would also be a great feature…

77th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add keeper tags to the mobile app

The mobile app does not display the 'k' next to keepers like the desktop version does. I can't see which players are keepers on my phone.

96th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow players to be benched or inserted during double header

Nothing infuriates me more than when a player has a double header and I lose a FULL DAY of production at the plate from a PINCH HITTING appearance. It's 2018, Yahoo. We've put up with this nonsense for too long. Fix it so I can either bench the player if he's not in the starting lineup after the 1st game or insert them for the 2nd game if they didn't play the first.

77th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add More NA spots

NA spots are currently capped at 10. I'd like to see the maximum raised to 15 or 20 to allow keeper/dynasty leagues to have more in-depth minor league possibilities. Yahoo has done a good job of expanding the player pool, but when you can only roster 10 NA, it caps these newly added players usage.

96th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Player Pool

Please add more prospects to the player pool. Keeper leagues often have very deep leagues and having more prospects available would be very beneficial. Players like Wander Franco SS TB is not available, and he is a top 50 prospect.

96th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I have left yahoo fantasy baseball for only one reason: Scheduling!

All I want to do is have:
    2 divisions of 6 teams
    Regular season schedule through week 16 (so as to have a balanced schedule)
    Have 2 week playoff matchups starting week 17 and ending week 22

Its stupid to play the last 2 weeks of september in fantasy baseball. Make this happen please!!!!!!!!!!!!

113th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. end The regular season at the all star break, and have a double elimination tournament for the 8 playoffs teams to crown the champion!

Our league loves playing fantasy baseball, but the season gets so long winded, and some loss interest in the 2nd half, and also fantasy Football begins to gear up.... our league would like to have an option of ending our 12 team regular season at the all star break, and then begin a very interesting double elimination playoff tournament for the 8 playoff teams that move on! Thank you for entertaining this idea!

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE change the last week of playoffs !!!

Joined a pro-league and there was no option of changing the playoff dates because it's defaulted by yahoo. So you wait until the last week of the regular season as your last week of playoffs?? This is as absurd as playing your championship fantasy football finals in week 17. PLEASE move this up at least 2 weeks for the finals to end. I won, but honestly I got lucky. I had about 10 people not start due to rest and 4 pitchers that got their start removed. It was absolutely absurd ! Thank you !!

176th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expanded Commish Ohtani/Future 2-Way Player Options

So we realize you guys decided to make Ohtani 2 separate players. Many people are obviously upset about this (myself included). I understand that either choice will ruffle some feathers, so why not make a commissioner option to treat Ohtani as 1 or 2 players?

Commissioner Option 1: Treat him as 2 separate players, both take up a roster spot, etc. the way you guys said it would be this year.

Commissioner Option 2: Have him in the system as 2 players but he would act as 1 player. For example, under this option, pitcher Ohtani and hitter Ohtani only…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put the players on the DL when their team announces it. You're waiting several hours which can effect the abilities to move lineups around.

I am not sure how your software works to recognize when a player is placed on the DL, but teams are announcing players on the DL several hours prior to Yahoo actually designating the players as DL eligible. This can cause issues for a manager that is trying to get max value of their roster.

146th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give the option of having a two-week Championship!

The league commissioner should be able to customize (or at least choose from more options) when the fantasy playoffs begins/ends. Having a two-week championship is an option that every member of our league supports, but we are unable to implement.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There needs to be a maximum IP limit in H2H categories baseball leagues

There needs to be an option to set a maximum number of innings pitched in weekly head 2 head categories baseball leagues

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A Daily Survey With The Same Reply

After another inconsistent year with no marked improvements yet far too many issues ignored you want to ask me how I feel about your company? Over and over and over again I might ad although I must say it is no problem to repeat my answers of -5 Hate for YaPoo and their inability to connect with their users rather than connect with more ads in our face and stats that are more jacked up than a family of guys named Jack. You need to hire some Fantasy experts (no not the idiots in your stupid videos claiming to be…

305th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Historical data; Historical graphs; Customizable Rankings; Advanced Statistics

I would like see graphs of player ranks (and other statistics) plotted over time. For example, What was Player A's season (Total) rank on 9/11, 9/28, 9/25, and how does this graph look? Incorporate some ideas from stock graphs!

Also, customizable ranking would be nice incorporating statistics not measured directly in the game: baseball OBPS, hard contact %, etc.

Finally, making statistics searchable by dates would be nice!

Keep up the good work! You guys are awesome!

305th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep league open all year

Keep the leagues open all year. Yes, close for 2-3 days for maintenance but otherwise, allow leagues to draft, add players, look at stats, etc for the whole year.

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base