How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

End fantasy baseball playoffs earlier

Everyone in my league checks out as soon as football starts. Give the commish the option to end the playoffs some time in August. I'm guessing a lot of fantasy baseball people feel this way.

78th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
chris pavlis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Van Burnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so crucial. We have problems every year in September with expanded rosters. Players like David Fletcher being stuck injured on an active roster without being DL'd. We've invented a "Pedro Rule" we manually monitor since the 2000s when he was "rested" for the remainder of regular season without being DL'd. The entire Season is just so much cleaner if you can wrap the season up by the first week of September. CBS and ESPN both have an option like this and I can't imagine the development is that difficult. Our league has considered migrating (after 17 years) to a new platform because of this.

• andy webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of moving them up or having the option. I do think that there are plenty of things to do to keep people involved including cutting the people who aren’t serious maybe, adding keepers, draft pick trading enabled, all of these things helped my bottom people stay involved! Also set the standard early and tell them at the beginning it must continue. Also we do the draft order in such away it prevents anyone from slouching such as this :
    1st pick 5th place in season
    2nd is 6th place
    3rd is 7th place
    4th is 8th place
    5th is 9th place
    6th is 10 place
    7th is 4th place
    8th is 3rd place
    9th is 2nd place
    10th pick is reg season champ

Or just cut your league short LOL

• gregg miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree too! All my star player are sitting, pitchers only pitching 3 innings, I'm picking up pitchers I never heard of, everyone is playing football now, etc

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worst part is that most teams rest their stars & pitching starts get screwed up also with guys getting extended rest or teams using 6 man rotations. It comes down to such luck being it starts & ends late. PLEASE give the option to start playoffs earlier

• chris pavlis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it's funny how many other people I see complaining about the same thing. Maybe it's time to change it Yahoo

Feedback and Knowledge Base